Getting over it

Matt's POV:
How do you know if you're depressed?

According to Jordan, depression is when you feel like you're never going to be happy again, and no matter what anyone says or does can make you feel better.

Yep. That's pretty much me right now.

I wander around school, not really paying attention. I say wandering, but I'm just keeping out of Dawn and Tadashi's way.

I can't escape them! Everywhere I turn they're there! I can't even go down to the skate bowl anymore because freaking Tadashi is always watching Dawn!!!

My train of thought is interrupted when I hear giggling from a few metres away. I look up and immediately regret it.

Dawn and Tadashi, leaning up against the lockers in a warm embrace, Tadashi whispering something into Dawn's ear. Gag.

As I try my best to ignore them, I'm almost swept off my feet by a strong wind... In the hallway?

I look up to see a girl with dark hair, and purple lipstick. She's wearing rollerblades, and chewing bubblegum.

She leans up next to Tadashi. "Don't you two ever get tired of each other?" She scoffs.

Tadashi turns to her. "Not when she's the most beautiful girl in school, no." He replies, wrapping his arms around Dawn's waist.

The girl rolls her eyes and speeds off, nearly knocking over Miss Prenderghast; our principal. "Please be more careful, Leiko." She says.

"Sorry, Miss Prenderghast." She replies apologetically, slowly circling Miss Prenderghast, both hands behind her back.

"And no rollerblades in school!" She hisses, starting to look dizzy. After a few more revolutions around her, Miss P starts to look a bit green. "I'm in the right mind to... Eurgh..." A smirk spreads across Leiko's face, a she speeds up. "To..." She holds a hand to her mouth before rushing off down the hall.

Leiko giggles and speeds off in the other direction, whacking Tadashi as she does.

I'm in awe. Not only is she strikingly beautiful, but she's a master prankster and a lover of speed! We're a match made in heaven!

Someone taps me on the shoulder. "Having a good time there?" I turn around and see Lily, clutching her books.

"Who is she?" I ask, still completely in awe.

Lily follows my line of sight to see Leiko speed off around the corner. A smirk spreads across her face as she nods slowly, understanding what I was thinking. She spins me around. "I thought you were interested in Dawn?" She asks.

"Dawn who?" I reply. Lily rolls her eyes.

"The girl in the rollerblades is Leiko Tamaka, also known as GoGo." She says. "She's an absolute speed demon, master of pranks and is tough enough to show up the entire football team."

My eyes light up. "She sounds amazing..." I say. Lily snaps her fingers in front of my face.

"Earth to Matt? She's also way out of your league, and rumour has it she has a crush on Tadashi." I snap back to reality, and shake the fog from my head.

"Wait, Tadashi as in Dawn's Tadashi?" I ask. Lily nods.

I don't know what happened, but something inside me flicks and all of a sudden and I get an idea. I turn to Lily.

"Lil," I say. "Are you friends with GoGo?"

She ponders for a moment. "We have a few classes together, I guess so?" She suddenly catches onto my idea. "Why...?"

I smile innocently. "I think I just found my way of getting over Dawn."