First Patrol (Part 2)

Leo's POV:
We stand on the rooftop of a nearby building, observing. Keeping an eye out for those new guys, Banshee and Excalibur. I'm still completely against fighting kids, despite Raph's multiple objections.

I rest one foot on the elevated edge, and peer down at the streets below. My bandana tails flap behind me in the howling wind. Behind me, Lily sits on the concrete floor, legs crossed, admiring her reflection in the blade of her Katana. She gently runs her fingers down her tightly done hair, and touches her mask.

I turn around. "Is everything okay, Lil?" I ask.

She looks up, and slides her sword away. "Yeah, I'm fine." She replies, before sighing. Concern suddenly fills my heart, and I turn to Donnie for a brief second.

"Donnie, take over for lookout." I say. He nods, and assumes my position as I walk over to talk to Lily. "What's wrong sweetheart?" I ask.

She sighs and her shoulders slump, before she looks at her reflection in the sword again. "What if I'm not cut out for this?"

I take a seat next to her. "What do you mean?"

"What if I'm not cut out to be a leader?" she looks up at me. "What if I fail everyone?"

I rest a hand on her knee. "Lily Genevieve Hamato," I look into her eyes. "You are a strong, beautiful, intelligent girl. And you know what?" She blinks, expecting an answer. "The only reason why I was chosen to be leader was because I asked."

She tilts her head to the side, confused. "So it could have been Uncle Raph?" I nod. "Even Uncle Mikey?"

I chuckle to myself. "Somehow I doubt Splinter would allow that." She chuckles quietly to herself too. "Anyway my point is, you didn't ask to be a leader. Don't think that just because you're my daughter, you have to follow in every single thing I've done."

She takes a deep breath out. "It's not that I don't want to be a leader," she says. "It's that I'm scared I'll let everyone down."

I suddenly remember something Splinter told me once. "Failure is just as big apart of being a great leader as success is. Failure lets us learn from our mistakes, and helps us to better ourselves for the journey ahead."

"Villains spotted!" Donnie shouts, interrupting mine and Lily's heart-to-heart conversation. I rush to Donnie's side, and follow his line of sight to the two shadows roaming the street below.

"Alright!" Raph cheers. "Let's kick some shell!"

"On the count of three," I say, before turning around to face the kids. "You guys stay up here. It's too dangerous down there." They all nod, as I turn back to my brothers. "One, two..."

"Three!" Raph shouts, jumping the gun.

Lily's POV:
Myself, Taya, Skye, Jordan and Matt watch in total awe as we watch our fathers head towards Banshee and Excalibur.

The moment they're out of our sight, we all sit down. Taya gently pulls at the string of her bow. "This wasn't how I had hoped our first patrol would go..." She groans.

I roll my eyes and peer over the edge to watch the fight ensuing, but I'm surprised to not see a sign of my dad nor the bad guys.

Everyone suddenly jumps as voices echo from behind a vent on the other side of the roof.

I silently stand and motion for the guys to stand too, as we slink over to see what's going on.

"Can you believe this?" A hear a guys voice say. "Five robberies this week and not once been caught!"

"Not bad for first timers, eh?" A girls voice replies.

I slowly start to edge my head around the corner to get a glimpse of who these people are. The first thing I see is two people dressed head-to-toe in black, except for their heads. The boy has silver hair, and the girl dark hair. They've both got their backs turned to us, so I don't know who they are...

...until one turned around.

I covered my mouth as the boy with the silver hair spun around, rummaging through his loot bag.

Blade????