When the past comes back to haunt them - Part 2 (Michaelangelo)

Dude, what's going on?!

With Renet's hand firmly on mine, I feel completely paralysed. I try to jerk away but I'm completely frozen. Nothing I do can make me move. Her lips on mine makes me feel sick. I mean, she was a great girl and all but that was a long time ago, and I've become more of a man now. I have responsibilities with Matt and Fiona... and as much as it's going to sting her, I can't let Renet ruin what I've worked so hard for.

Finally I manage to conjure enough will power to jerk myself away. I stand up from the rooftop, and slowly back away. Renet looks at me in sadness and confusion. "Mikey... where are you going?" She asks.

I try to babble an excuse, but nothing comes out but an airflow of oxygen. Instead, I give her a sympathetic look and quietly say: "I'm sorry." I turn around and run away as fast as I possible can, heading for the sewers. Renet may be a time master, but down there she'd be as helpless as a lost mouse in a maze.

I leap from a rooftop to the ground, landing with a quiet thud. Renet suddenly appears from behind a building. "What happened to you, Mikey?" She asks. "You used to be so much fun." I shriek and run the opposite direction, but somehow she appears again. "You can't erase the past, Mikey."

"Stop messing with me!" I shout, turning around and running again. Eventually I come to a manhole cover, but Renet appears again, this time standing on top of it so I can't move it. What I wouldn't give for a power-up right now...

"We can travel to the ends time, and spend the rest of eternity together." She says.

"I can't, dudette!" I shout. "I have a wife and kids! I can't just abandon that!"

"Like you abandoned me?" She says. This time she looks more stern.

"Abandoned you?" I echo. "Renet, we never even got together! If I remember rightly, you were the one who dumped me!"

She suddenly cuts me off. "Enough talking." She says. "It's time to make your choice."

Suddenly, I hear a familiar voice echoing through the void. "Mikey..." I look around, and Renet is fuming.

"Grock!" She shouts, before disappearing.

"Mikey... wake up..."

I suddenly awaken to feel someone gently shaking me. It's y/n, a concerned look on her face. I rub one eye, and she takes a deep breath out. "What happened?" I groan.

"You were having a nightmare." She replies. "I thought you were having an epileptic fit! You kept shouting and moving around in your sleep."

I groan again. "It felt so real..." My eyes meet with hers, and I can see that she is really concerned. "I could have sworn she was there..."

"Who?" She asks.

I swallow a dry lump in my throat. "Renet."