Cousin chats

Lily's POV:
We gather around in a circle. Our parents are in bed, and we couldn't sleep. In other words, time for a cousin chat!

This is basically where we all sit in a circle and share our problems. It's kind of like a circle of confidants.

Everyone looks to me to go first, mainly because I'm the oldest. I take a deep breath. "How do you know if you like someone?"

Everyone's eyes widen, but no one says anything. "When you say 'like'," Matt begins, finally breaking the silence. "Do you mean like or do you mean like like?"

I blush a bit. "...like like."

"Wow, Lil..." Skye says, astonished. "Who's the lucky guy?"

"Never mind that, just... Answer the question." I reply sharply. I look to Jordan, who looks a little uncomfortable. "Jordan, you're the most science-y of the group. How can you tell?"

"W-well..." He begins. "Your heart starts to race when you're around them, your palms get sweaty, your stomach goes all weird, your heart goes aflutter when you hear their name..."

"So who is it?" Skye interrupts.

I feel a slight blush coming onto my face. "If I tell you, you have to promise me not to judge."

Everyone nods and leans in. "He's... In our grade."

"Ryan?" Taya asks.

"No."

"Jeremy?" Matt asks.

"No."

"Dylan?" Skye asks.

"No."

"Jordan?" Taya jokes.

"N-- Ew!" I say, disgusted. "I mean, no offence J, but I'm not too big on incest."

Jordan waves his hand. "None taken."

"Who is it, then?" Skye interrupts.

"You promise not to judge?" Everyone nods. "It's... It's..."

"Spit it out, woman!" Skye says waving her arms above her head.

"...Blade Oroku."

There's another awkward silence before everyone bursts into a round of giggles. "Blade Oroku!" Jordan guffaws. "Good one, Lil!"

"Yeah, who would ever see anything in that loser?" Matt adds, holding his sides.

I feel a little bit hurt. I pull my knees to my chest and crawl up into a little ball. The laughing quietens down. "Oh..." Skye says, noticing my position. "You're being serious."

I nod. Taya stands up and walks over to me, putting her arm around me for comfort. "I think you two will make an adorable couple." She says.

I sniffle and try to smile at her. She smiles back. I look around at Skye, Jordan and Matt who all seem to be regretting making those comments.

"But really, Lil," Skye begins. "Think about it. This guy and his sister tried to kill us!"

"Leave Akiko out of this!" Jordan protests. Our heads all snap to his direction.

Jordan's POV:
Crap.

Everyone looks at me. Stupid big mouth!

A smirk spreads across Skye's face. "Is there something you're not telling us, Jordan?" She asks.

I cover my mouth. "No."

Matt gasps. "You have a crush on Akiko!"

"I do not!" I snap back.

Lily giggles. "And you laughed at me for liking Blade! You're such a hypocrite!"

"No, I do not like Akiko!" I say, starting to feel a bit annoyed.

"If you guys got married, you'd be in-laws with Lily!" Skye cackles.

"Hey!" Lily interrupts looking a bit annoyed.

"Stop!" I say. "I. DO. NOT. HAVE. A. CRUSH. ON. AKIKO."

I'm interrupted by my phone ringing. Everyone goes silent.

It's Akiko.

"Hey... You..." I say, trying to say her name.

"Hey Jordie." She replies, giggling. Everyone tries to listen in. "I was wondering when we were gonna have that date?"

"Uh..." I say getting a little flustered. "I-it'll be soon. I promise."

"Okay." She replies.

"Is that Akiko?" Skye whispers. I ignore her. "HI AKIKO!" Skye shouts into my phone.

"Is that Skye?" Akiko asks, breaking the cutesie voice and starting to sound annoyed.

"N-no..." I reply nervously.

"Are you with your cousins?" She asks again.

"Hi Akiko!" Everyone else says in unison.

"No... No."

"Can they hear me?"

"Yes we can!" Taya replies. "Now, we're in the middle of something so would you mind saying goodnight to 'Jordie'?"

"What did she just say to me?" Akiko says, sounding very annoyed.

"Uh..." I reply nervously. "Nothing. Gotta go. Bye!" I hang up on her before she can protest.

Everyone looks at me with smirks on their faces; even Lily. "Do you looooooove her, Jordie?" Skye taunts.

"Is she your giiiiiiiirlfriend?" Matt adds.

"Have you kiiiiiiiiiiiissed her yet?" Taya chimes in.

"Oh stop being so jealous." I taunt back, a smirk on my face.

"Woah, dude." Matt says, holding his hands up in surrender.

"That was unexpected." Skye adds, her face now suddenly surprised.

Hehe... That shut them up.