Party Time - Part 1

Lily's POV:
I open a blank page in my diary and start writing.

Dear Diary,
Things have been changing around here lately. Since I turned 15 Dad has been talking to me about going out on patrols with him and my uncles and everyone else. I'm not sure that I'm ready for that sort of responsibility... What if we run into the Foot or the Kraang or something?

Honestly, I'm a bit scared. My Dad wants me to be this huge big shot leader like he is, but I don't think I'm cut out for that sort of thing. I'm just Lily. Plain and simple.

As for Blade, he's been a bit... weird lately. I don't know if he's avoiding me, or if there's something on his mind? We've been dating for a while now, nearly 6 months to be exact. I don't want things to start falling apart like they did with Jordan and Akiko. I need something that will reaffirm my bond with Blade. But how?

That's all for now!
Kisses
Lily xo

As I close my diary and lock it tightly, my Dad pops his head around the door. "You're still awake?" He asks.

I look at the clock on my wall. 11:15?

"I was just... Reading." I say, glancing at my diary.

He nods. "Okay, well it's late." He says, starting to close the door. "Goodnight!"

"Night..." I say quietly.

I hide my diary under my bed, and rest my head on my pillow, staring up at the concrete ceiling. This is one of those times when it's late and you start having really deep thoughts with yourself.

I start to think about my relationship with Blade. Lately it feels like he's been avoiding me. Usually I would just brush it off as me overreacting, but this time I'm sure that something is wrong. If there's something bothering him then why doesn't he just tell me? What can be so terrible that you can't tell your girlfriend of nearly 6 months?

Skye's POV:
I'm in history, one of the most boring classes I have. To make matters worse, Callum sits next to me. He's follows me around like a shadow, and he's really irritating; always making smug comments.

On the bright side, Taya sits in front of me, so if he pesters me enough, she'll put him in his place.

Mrs Elliot - our decrepit old hag of a teacher - starts writing something across the black board. "Okay," she says. "Pop Quiz!" Everyone in our class groans. I swear this woman enjoys torturing us like this. She shouldn't be allowed to be around kids!

Out of the corner of my eye I can see Callum fiendishly rubbing his hands together. "Don't tell me you enjoy this!" I say.

He flicks his scruffy brown hair to the side, and looks at me with his frighteningly blue eyes. "If you had studied like I did, then maybe you wouldn't be so upset."

I just scoff and roll my eyes. "You're a freak of nature." I say quietly.

Mrs Elliot starts handing out the quizzes. "You all have ten minutes to complete the quiz." She says.

"Piece of cake." I hear Callum say quietly so Mrs Elliot can't hear. I just roll my eyes and focus on my own test.

About 3 minutes in I start losing concentration. Maybe it's the loud the loud ticking of the clock or maybe it's Callum's distracting hums he makes when he's thinking. Either way, I can't focus on my work!

I look over at Taya, who is busily scribbling away on her sheet of paper. I'm absolutely stumped. History isn't my best subject, but it's far from my worst. Why can't I concentrate?

I shake the fog out of my head and read the first question: halfway through the sentence the words start to get muddled up and all I can think about is Callum sitting next to me. How can he be so infuriating when he isn't doing anything wrong?

The pop quiz finishes right at the end of class. As I'm packing up my stuff, I'm approached by Callum. "What do you want?" I ask rudely.

"How'd you go?" He asks.

"Like you care." I reply, grabbing my books. "You're just here to mock me."

He sighs. "Look, I think we got off on the wrong foot." He says. "I've only been here about two weeks. You and Taya are the only people I talk to."

"Well maybe if you weren't such a slime ball you would be more popular." I reply, turning around.

"I just want to be friends, Skye." He says, catching up with me as I walk towards the door. I don't reply, and instead catch up to Taya.

"Can you believe that guy?" I say. "He's such an attention seeker."

"Give him a break, Skye." She replies. "He's a newbie."

I roll my eyes. "He's just so... So..." She turns to me and cocks an eyebrow. "What?"

She faces me straight on. "You know what I think?" She says, stopping at our lockers. "I think you have a crush on him."

My heart skips a beat. Stupid organs. "What?" I reply. "Me? Liking Callum?" She nods. "Pfft... You're trippin'."

She starts swapping over books. "I can see it in your eyes, Skye. You like him, and you know it."

"I do not!" I reply, swapping over a few books and grabbing my lunch. "He's such a slimeball."

"A slimeball who you looooove." Taya taunts.

"Stop it." I reply, pointing a finger at her. She giggles and closes her locker.

Lily suddenly appears and stands between us. "Have you guys gotten an invite?"

I turn around. "To what? A space heroes convention?"

She gives me a sheepish look. "Ha ha very funny. No, Scarlett Christie is having a massive party tonight."

"Let me guess, only the elite and popular are invited?" Taya says.

Lily shakes her head. "I got an invite, and I heard Matt did too."

For all those that don't know, Scarlett Christie is one of the most popular girls in our grade. She's pretty, unbelievably skinny, a cheerleader and also dating the top quarterback on the team - Tommy Rice. That being said, she has a reputation for being a bit of a boyfriend stealer.

"What about Jordan?" I ask.

Almost as if on cue, Jordan appears behind Taya. "What about me?" He asks, making Taya jump.

"Did you get an invite to Scarlett's party?" Lily asks.

"Scarlett Christie?" Jordan echoes. "As in hot, sexy, cheerleader Scarlett Christie?"

"Calm your farm, Casanova." Taya says.

"Speak of the devil..." I say quietly, suddenly noticing the black haired, blue eyed diva walking towards us. I turn around to see Jordan stunned. He looks like a statue. I kick his knee, causing him to yelp.

"What was that for?!" He hisses.

"Act natural!" I hiss back.

Scarlett stops by us, and I can see Jordan's sanity slowly loosening its grip on him. She faces me and Skye. "Hummus kids, right?" She says.

"Hamato, actually." I reply, a little bit insulted.

"Oh, right." She says. "Anyway, you guys are coming to my party tonight, right?"

"We'll be there." Taya replies, taking a step forward.

Scarlett smiles a fake smile. "Great!" She says. She starts to walk off, but stops when she reaches Jordan. She rests a hand on his chest. It's dangerously close to his plastron, and I grit my teeth out of sheer nervousness. "I'll see you there." She says slightly seductively.

I try and stop myself from throwing up in my mouth. She's such a sleaze. I look over at Jordan who is completely stunned from his contact with Scarlett. He has a huge smile on his face, but his eyes are blank. I just roll my eyes and drag him off down the hall.

"Come on Jordan, I want to beat the rush to the cafeteria." Lily and Taya giggle behind me as they follow us to lunch.