When the kids turn 15 - Part 1

Leonardo:
You and Leo sneak around the corner of Lily's bedroom door. It's 6:00 in the morning, and the sun has barely risen over New York.

Lily doesn't stir as you both look over her, her beautiful angelic face smiling because she is dreaming. Leo leans over and gently shakes her until she sleepily opens one eye.

"Happy Birthday, sweetheart!" He whispers softly.

Lily smiles and opens one eye. "Thank you, mom and dad!" She says drowsily.

You hand her a small gift wrapped box. "This is from both of us."

She sits up and carefully unwraps the box, eager to see what's under the wrapping. It's revealed to be a Tiffany and Co box. Lily's eyes widen as she holds the box in her hand, anxiously eager to open it. You and Leo exchange glances as she examines it.

"Mom, dad..." She says excitedly, looking up. "You didn't..."

"Open it!" Leo urges.

With both her hands shaking, she lifts the lid to see a beautiful necklace inside. It has a thin silver chain with a signature flat heart shaped pendant with her name engraved in it.

She clamps one quivering hand to her mouth as she looks at the beautiful necklace. Leo is smiling so broadly it looks painful. Lily looks up as a happy tear falls from her eye. "It's... It's beautiful!" She says, smiling.

You gently lift the necklace from its box and fasten it around her neck. You and Leo stand back to admire the gift on your daughter. "You look gorgeous, Lil." Leo says, smiling. He gestures to the mirror on the wall of her room. "Go on, take a look."

Lily pushes back the covers and scampers towards the mirror to admire her gift. She instantly smiles, and turns back around to face you both. "It's perfect!" She says, running over towards you both to give you a hug. "Best birthday, ever!"

When she lets go, Leo winks at you. "There's still one more present for you, but Grandpa Splinter has that."

She looks at you, puzzled but interested to find out about this unknown gift.

Raphael:
You and Raphael silently sneak into Taya and Skye's bedroom. Raph stands at the foot of Skye's bed, while you stand by Taya's.

Raph lifts a finger to his lips and mimes shushing, before pointing at the alarm clocks on the night stands next to the twins beds. They both read 5:59am.

You nod, and excitedly wait for the right moment. When the clock strikes 6:00am, the twins both open their eyes and move around ever so slightly.

"SURPRISE!" You and Raph shout at the same time, making the twins sit up. Taya clutches the sheets to her chest, slightly startled; while Skye holds a hairbrush above her head like some sort of a baseball bat.

"Happy birthday darlings!" You say, a big smile on your face.

Taya exhales and drops her sheets, holding a hand to her chest, while Skye gently puts down the hairbrush. "You nearly gave us a heart attack!" Taya hisses.

"I thought you were the Foot clan or Shredder!" Skye adds.

Raph gives you a look that says: They're definitely our kids. You and him exchange glances as you hand the twins their gift wrapped presents.

The twins look at each other excitedly before ripping the paper to shreds. Their smiles broaden as they see their new gifts - each a beautiful necklace with a locket heart. On the outside of the locket had their first initial engraved in it - T for Taya and S for Skye. On the inside were two little areas on either side of the side for a picture.