~Chapter 6~

Danny's pov:

Wait. Hold on. Pregnant? Amy was still crying in my arms while I was trying to calm her down and process what she just told me at the same time.

"You can stay here as long as you want." I said once she was calmed down a little bit.

"Thanks." She said wiping away the tears with her sleeve.

"Am, do you want to keep the baby?" I asked carefully trying not to upset her again.

"I-I don't know..." She said after a few moments of silence.

"I don't think that I'm ready to be a mum and no way that Bryan's gonna help me. And work..." She continued, staring into space. I didn't know how to react, cause yeah she was right about all the things that she just said but the only other option was an abortion and that's not something that you just do. But I'm gonna help her with this shit.

"I think you just have to think about it for a while." I replied to her.

"Yeah..." She said looking at me and smiled a weak smile. We dropped it for now and decided to just watch tv for now. Am lay down on the couch with her head in my lap while I was sitting on the couch. After a while I looked down at her but she was still focused on the tv. But then I noticed that her shirt sat a little bit higher that it should, revealing a small part of her stomach and all that I could see was bruises.

"Amy?" I asked still looking at her bruises.

"What's that?" I asked nodding to her stomach.

"What do you mean?" She asked pretending like she didn't know what I was talking about.

"This." I said lifting up her shirt a little bit more. I was even more shocked when I did that. It was not just the few bruises I saw a few moments ago, it was her whole stomach that was covered in bruises and something is telling me that it's not only her stomach that's covered in bruises.

She didn't reply when she realized that I already knew what happened. She looked away with tears in her eyes and I felt that I had tears in my own as well.

"Please say that's it's only your stomach." I said but I already knew that that was not the case.

"Sorry..." She whispered looking me in the eyes.

"You don't have to be sorry about that. It's not your fault." I said trying my best to swallow the lump in my throat.

"Is your whole body like this?" I asked carefully scared for the answer. She just stood up and took her shirt of, leaving her in only her bra. I have to admit that normally I'd look at her body cause she's beautiful, but now I saw bruises all over her stomach, arms, shoulders and her back. She was now stood with her back to me, which was also covered in bruises, so I stood up and carefully wrapped my arms around her hugging her carefully.

"Am, that day when I came to you and you had a black eye, it wasn't only your eye. Was it?" I said stroking her hair.

"No..." She said into my chest.

"Why didn't you tell me? I would've taken you with me so he couldn't go any further." I said and I felt myself getting angry at myself for not doing something even though I felt that something was up that day.

"I was scared." She admitted.

"You don't have to be scared anymore now, I'm gonna help you. And, I think you should call the police cause this is not okay." I said softly but I still felt her tense up when I said that I think that she should go to the police.

"The police?" She asked pulling away to look at me.

"Yeah. You can't just let him get away with this. Who knows what more he does I mean he isn't scared to be aggressive towards women, so I think there's way more that he's capable of." I explained hoping that it would be enough for her to go to the police.

"I think you're right." She said after a few minutes of thinking about it.

"And I don't think I want the baby. It just doesn't feel right. What am I supposed to say when it's getting older and he or she is going to ask about daddy? Something like, oh yeah, he used to abuse me and when I told him I was pregnant he told me to fuck of. I can't to that. I don't want a child." She said and another tear rolled down her cheek. I wrapped my arms around her once again and said,

"If you really don't want it you know what you have to do."

"Yeah..." She said in barely a whisper.

When she was calmed down again we decided to go to bed cause I had to get up early tomorrow for the voice. Normally I'd be really excited for the blind auditions but this time I felt guilty to leave her here on her own.

"Am, if you want you can come with me to the voice tomorrow. Glen and Mark will be there as well." I said before she went into the spare room.

"Yeah, okay." She said flashing me a smile.

"Great. I'll wake you tomorrow." I said giving her a last hug and a kiss on her cheek.

"Good night Dan." She said doing the same to me.

"Night Am." I said letting go of her and went to my own bedroom.