~Chapter 183~

Danny's pov:

I was hanging on the couch with Ava, a bag of crisps between us as we watched a movie.

"What time does mum get back?" She asked as she munched on some Doritos.

"Her plane lands at 23.30, so you'll probably be asleep by the time she gets home." I answered as I checked my phone to see what time it was. Ava simply nodded in reply, her eyes still focused on the tv.

By the time the film ended Ava announced that she was going to bed. I kissed her goodnight before she went upstairs. I got up from the couch and took another beer from the fridge, wanting to stay up for when Am comes home.

I fought my tiredness for a while longer until at 00.30 I gave up and decided to go to bed, wrecked after a long day in the studio. I quickly brushed my teeth and took my clothes off, dropping them in the laundry basket before going to the bedroom and crawling into bed. I let out a satisfied sigh as I got comfortable and it didn't take long until I was out for the count.

I woke up a while later when I heard the bedroom door open before I felt Am sliding into bed behind me. She ran her hand over my stomach above the waistband of my boxers as she pressed her body against mine. 

"Hmm." I mumbled with a smile playing on my lips as I placed my hand on top of hers.

"Hey babe." She said kissing my jaw before settling down with her hand still resting on my stomach. It didn't take me long to fall back asleep, still smiling.

***

When I woke up again the next morning Am was still asleep. I was now lying on my other side facing Am with our legs tangled together. I lay looking at her for a while until I decided to get up and make her breakfast in bed. I carefully climbed out of bed before leaving the bedroom and going downstairs.

I filled the kettle and switched it on before I got out some things to make breakfast, humming to myself as I went along. 

Fifteen minutes later, I placed everything on a tray before walking back upstairs. I pushed our bedroom door open with my elbow before closing it behind me with my foot. As I walked over to our bed Am was still sleeping soundly, lying curled up on her side. I placed the tray on the floor before climbing back into bed and pressing small kisses on Am's bare shoulder, moving up her neck until I reached her face which I then covered in kisses as well.

"Good morning babe." I said when I noticed she was waking up.

"It's early." She moaned as she rubbed her eyes.

"I know. But you promised the kids we'd go to a theme park today, not me." I said chuckling while pushing some hair out of her face before leaning down and kissing her cheek once again.

"I also made you breakfast in bed." I said placing another kiss on her shoulder before reaching over to grab the tray.

"You're sweet." She said while sitting up, leaning back against the headboard. I placed the tray on her lap before I sat down next to her, our bare legs touching under the covers.

As we sat eating breakfast Am told me about her trip to the US while I listened with great interest.

"What about you? Did you manage without me?" She asked chuckling.

"I did, actually." I said teasing her while sipping my tea.

"I missed you though." I said placing my fingers underneath her chin and angled her face up before I leaned down and pressed my lips against hers. I felt her smile before she responded and moved her lips against mine. I took the now empty tray and placed it on my bedside cabinet without breaking the kiss.

"I missed you too." She mumbled into the kiss while cupping my face in her hands. My hands moved to her waist and I pulled her closer to me so she was lying in between my legs with her upper body resting against mine, my lips still massaging hers.

I let my hands wander her body for a few moments until I took the hem of her vest top and pulled it up over her head. One of my hands massaged her breast while the other was placed firmly on her bum.

Suddenly, the bedroom door opened and Ava walked in,

"When are we leav- Oh... Nevermind..." She said cutting herself off mid-sentence, her eyes wide as she realized what she walked in on. Before either me or Amy could say or do something she turned around and left as quickly as she came.

"What did they say?" I heard Jamie ask his eldest sister.

"They were eh... Busy... We'll ask later." Ava answered.

"I think we should get up." Am said giggling, obviously having heard the same thing.

"Hmm, we don't have to. We can be 'busy' for a little longer..." I answered cheekily while running my finger down her spine. Am rolled her eyes at me in reply before lifting her body off of mine and getting out of bed. 

---

Am and I were sitting on a bench drinking coffee while the kids were queueing to get on this rollercoaster. Am was leaning against me while I had my arm wrapped around her waist with my hand on her thigh, drawing patterns. We were both watching this family who were sat eating together. There were two girls who obviously were identical twins and probably were a little younger than Jamie and a baby who was being fed by its father.

"I miss the days of us having a baby..." I said, smiling at the memories.

"Do you?" Am asked before taking a sip of her coffee.

"Yeah. Don't you?" I asked looking down at her.

"I don't know. I mean of course I liked it. But I guess it's easier now, you know, with them being able to feed themselves, get dressed, things like that." She explained.

"Just wait until they hit puberty, it will no longer be easy then." I said chuckling, thinking of all the times Mark complained about his kids being unreasonable.

"I'd love another baby though." I said focussing my attention back on the little family.

"Don't you think it's a little late now?" Am asked.

"What do you mean? It's only 2.30." I answered causing Am to roll her eyes at me.

"Seriously Dan, we already have two young teenage daughters and Jamie's not that far behind either. And we're growing older as well." She argued.

"But we're not too old just yet, I think." I reasoned.

"You're really serious about this, aren't you?" She asked as she sat up to look at me.

"I am actually. What about you?" I answered.

"I don't know, Dan. You really surprised me with this." 

"I'm sorry." I said kissing her cheek and pulling her into me again.

She willingly came closer and rested her head on my shoulder, placing her now empty coffee cup next to her on the bench.

"You look like you could do with another one." I said chuckling as I noticed her yawning. 

"Probably." She answered with her eyes closed.

"I'll be back in a minute." I said and stood up from the bench to get us a caffeine refill.