~Chapter 16~

Amy's pov:

We were back at Dan's house after a long day at the voice studios. Dan was having a shower while I was making tea. I heard my phone ringing so I went to the living room where I'd left it and picked it up. When the women on the other end of the line told me what's happened I felt my blood run cold.

"Are you okay?" Danny asked worried once I'd hung up and saw my shocked expression.

"No. My mum's hit by a drunken driver and is in hospital in a critical state. I have to go to see her." I said rushing upstairs to pack some clothes. The thing is, my parents divorced many years ago so my dad moved back to America, where he's from and my mum moved back to Holland where she's from. They met when my mum was on holiday to America and fell in love, a few years later they moved to London together where they got me and my sister Alice. But now when I want to see my parents I have to get on a flight, flying to Amsterdam isn't that long, but flying to LA is...

I was throwing clothes in my suitcase when I heard Danny coming into the bedroom saying,

"I'm gonna come with you."

"You don't have to, I understand that you can't. You have the voice and all that." I said hoping that he didn't feel like he needed to come with me.

"I have a few days of now, so I'm coming with you." He said starting to pack is own suitcase. Once I was done packing I went back downstairs to book the tickets. I booked two flights to Amsterdam tomorrow at 1.30 PM. It was the first one I could get so I immediately went for that one.

"I booked the flight." I said when Danny came back downstairs and put our suitcases in the hall.

"Great." He said coming to sit next to me on the couch and took me in his arms. I grabbed the remote from next to me and turned the tv on, trying to take my mind of things but I couldn't stop worrying about her. I mean, they said she's in a critical state, what if we're already too late by the time we're finally getting there tomorrow. I didn't even had the chance to say goodbye to my mum then or something, I couldn't live with myself if that would happen.

"She's gonna be okay." Danny whispered in my ear, obviously noticing that I was worrying about her.

"How are you so sure?" I asked pulling back a little bit to look at him.

"I'm not, but you have to stay positive." He said and I knew that he tried it to help me, it didn't work. I didn't reply to that and snuggled into his chest. He started stroking my hair while I took in his familiar scent.

"Are you sniffing me?" He asked laughing once he realized what I was doing.

"Yup. You just smell sexy. And familiar." I said smiling and kissed his chest.

"Do I only smell sexy?" He asked pouting causing me to laugh.

"Nope." I simply replied and placed my lips onto his. He pulled me onto his lap, without breaking the kiss. He opened his mouth slightly and traced the outlines of my lips with his tongue. I decided to tease him by keeping my mouth shut a little longer. But when he gently bit down on my lower lip I opened my mouth and welcomes his tongue with my own. My hand went to the back of his neck pulling him even closer while his hands rested on my waist. I ran my hands down his shoulders and his back and slipped my hands under his shirt once I reached his lower back. His hands went further down to my butt and gently squeezed it. I lightly scratched my nails over his skin, making him groan. 

I didn't plan on going any further, not yet. And I think Danny understood that I wasn't ready yet and not in the mood now cause his hands didn't go anywhere but my butt. Minutes later I pulled away, totally breathless and smiled at him.

"Has someone ever told you that you're an amazing kisser?" He asked, thank god breathless as well.

"You're not too bad yourself." I said smirking and pecked his lips again. We watched the tv a little longer with me still on his lap, until I decided to go to bed.

"I'm going to bed." I said standing up and kissing his cheek.

"Wait, I'm coming with you." He said jumping up from the couch and turning all the lights and the tv off. I was already walking out of the living room but suddenly I felt two strong arms wrap around me and before I knew it Danny threw me over his shoulder.

"Danny! Put me down!" I said trying to sound serious but I couldn't help but laugh.

"Nope." He said smiling and tapped my bum. I slapped his back hoping he'd put me down but it didn't work. He just walked upstairs with me and dropped me down on the bed in his bedroom. He lay me down on my back and pressed my wrists into the mattress next to my head.

"Did you think you could get away after slapping me?" He said smirking. But before I could even reply he started tickling me. Dan knows that I'm extremely ticklish which made it even worse.

"Please... S-stop... I s-surrender!" He shouted in between laughs.

"Good girl." Dan said finally stopping and kissed me on my forehead before getting of me and walked to the bathroom. I took a few moments to catch my breath before I stood up as well and followed him to the bathroom to brush my teeth. When I opened the bathroom door he was just taking his shirt of leaving him in just his boxers.

"Nope, you definitely don't only smell sexy." I said winking at him. He grinned at me before leaving the bathroom letting me to what I needed to do. When I had brushed my teeth and removed my make-up I walked back to the bedroom where I found Dan already lying in bed. I took my jeans and shirt of leaving me only in my bra and knickers. I grabbed Dan's t-shirt from the floor, which I used as pajama and turned my back to him while taking my bra of.

"Why don't you turn around?" Danny asked smirking when I was standing in just my knickers with my back turned to him.

"Better?" I asked, quickly putting his shirt on before turning around.

"Yeah, but it would be even better if you turned around without my shirt on." He winked. I rolled my eyes at him and got in next to him. I snuggled up to him and soon enough I heard his heavy, steady breathing. The whole evening he had managed to stop me from worrying too much about my mum but now that he was sleeping I started to worry again. What if we were already too late tomorrow?