~Chapter 85~

Amy's pov:

"Come and lie with me." Dan said, refusing to fall asleep.

"Are you sure?" I asked, not sure if that was the best idea right now.

"Yeah." He said lifting the covers while making space for me. 

"Okay." I said giving in to him and took my shoes off. While I got in I got a close look at his naked body for the first time since he'd been here and I gasped at what I saw. Big purple bruises were covering his right shoulder, chest and his ribs. I have no idea how I had missed those before. 

"What's up?" Dan asked when I didn't lie down.

"I don't want to hurt you." I replied, still looking at his bruises. He looked down at what I was looking at and when he realized that I refused to lie down because of his bruises he said,

"You won't hurt me." While giving me the puppy dog eyes, knowing I can't resist those. I sighed in defeat and carefully lay down. 

"See, I won't break." He said covering us both with the blanket again.

"No, I'm surprised you didn't break anything when you fell." I replied. He chuckled lightly and kissed me on my cheek.

"How are you feeling?" I asked when we were lying in comfortable silence.

"Hmm, got a bad headache, bit dizzy when I turn my head and a bit nauseous, other than that, okay I guess." He replied, staring up at the ceiling.

"Can I see your wound?" I asked, wanting to know how bad it was. He nodded in reply before he slowly rolled onto his left side so his back was to me. I sat myself up a little bit and carefully moved some of his hair so the side until I found the stitches. There was a red line almost as long as my pink stitched together with numerous stitches.

"Found it?" Dan asked when he felt that my movement from getting his hair out of the way had stopped.

"Yeah..." I replied, my answer a little delayed because I was quite shocked by how big the cut was. I leaned down and pressed a soft kiss to his head before I moved his hair down again, covering the stitches again. Dan rolled back to his back and carefully placed his head down on the pillow. We lay in comfortable silence again, my eyes almost closing from the tiredness.

"Baby, why don't you go home and get some sleep?" Dan asked, noticing that I was almost asleep.

"But then you're alone." I argued.

"That's okay, you need some rest. I'll be fine." He said trying to convince me. Our little argument was stopped by a nurse coming into the room, telling Dan that they were going to wash him. And after some persuasion he had managed to convince the nurse that I was allowed to wash him. At first she wouldn't give in but then Dan told her that I was a nurse as well, with the puppy dog eyes, convinced her. And to be honest I was glad that she didn't have to do it now, cause she was a really pretty nurse so I don't know if I'd be really comfortable with it if she'd see everything of Danny... I  know that nothing would happen, but still...

We were lead to a small bathroom where we were told that he was not allowed to have a shower because of the stitches so we were handed a cloth and some soap before she left again. 

"Now, show me your nursing skills." Dan said smirking once the other nurse had left. I rolled my eyes at him, smiling, before I pulled Dan's boxer down. I soaked the cloth with warm water and started to rub it over his body, being careful at his right side because of the bruises. After that, I put some soap on the cloth and rubbed it in circles over his body once again.

"I bet you're way better at this than that other nurse would have been." He said when I rubbed the cloth over his stomach down to his thighs.

"You think?" I asked, rising my eyebrow slightly when I looked up at him.

"Yeah, I can see that you wash men more often." He said teasing me.

"But normally the men aren't this handsome." I replied, pressing a quick kiss to his cheek before  I continued.

"Not?" He said, pretending to be surprised. I chuckled slightly before I took the towel and started drying him. Once he was dry again I helped him back in his boxers, because we didn't have any clean one he had to wear the same as he was earlier so I promised him to get him some clean clothes. 

"Now, you go home and get some sleep." He said once he was lying in his bed again.

"Okay, you win. But I'll come back tomorrow." I said giving in.

"I hope you do, I don't want to be too lonely." He replied chuckling. I rolled my eyes at him before I leaned down and pressed my lips against his.

"Good night baby." He said when we pulled away.

"Good night." I replied before I walked out of his room. 

***

I woke up again after a good night of sleep. It was around 11PM when I got home last night and I went straight to bed. I took my phone from the bedside table and saw that it was now 9.30AM. I got out of bed and went straight to the bathroom to have a shower. I quickly washed my hair and body before I got out again and got dressed. 

It was awfully quiet when I was eating breakfast, there was no Danny and Ava was still at Mark's. When I finished breakfast I had a walk with Lola before I packed some clothes for Dan and made my way to the hospital. It took ages to find a parking spot but when I finally found one, I jumped out of the car and made my way into the hospital. I got into the lift and pressed the button to the third floor. Once the doors opened I got out again and walked down the long corridors until I reached the room Dan was lying in. I softly knocked on the door before I opened it and walked in. Glen and Mark were both sitting on the side of Dan's bed, while Ava was lying on Dan's chest.

"Look who Mark brought!" Dan said happily when he saw me, before looking down at Ava. I smiled at him before I walked further into the room. I dropped the bag with his clothes on the floor before I hugged Glen and Mark. After that I leaned down and pressed my lips against Dan's. I lifted Ava from Dan's chest and cuddled her for a while before I placed her back on Dan's chest.

"I missed her." Dan said, while stroking his hand softly over Ava's head.

"Sorry for not picking her up last night." I said to Mark.

"It's fine, she was no problem, but I figured that you two wanted to see her again so I took her with me." He replied.

"Yeah, thanks for that." I said, looking at Ava again who was sucking on the tip of Dan's pink. 

We chatted for several hours until Glen and Mark left again, deciding that Dan needed some rest. They hugged me before they said bye to Danny and left the room. I sat down again and looked at Dan, who was almost asleep. Even though he tried to fight it. Ava was still lying on his chest and was already asleep, soon followed by Dan.