~Chapter 78~

A/N: I'm gonna skip several months, so Amy is now 9 months pregnant. Hope you'll enjoy it! xx

Amy's pov:

I woke up with the side of the bed next to me cold and empty. I slowly opened my eyes and realized that I was alone in bed. I reached over and took my phone to see what time it was. It was just past nine, so it kinda surprised me that Dan was already up seeing as he has a day off today and he's not really a morning person. 

I got out of bed and went to the toilet, like I do every morning when I wake up. I have to go to the toilet almost every 15 minutes! As I walked out of the bathroom I saw that the door to the nursery was open and when I walked closer I found Dan putting the white wardrobe together which we bought yesterday, while softy humming along to the radio. 

"Morning." I said, leaning against the doorframe. Dan jumped slightly before he turned around,

"Good morning, gorgeous. Did you sleep well?" He asked, standing up to give me a kiss. 

"I slept okay, she kept me awake for a while." I replied when we pulled away. 

Yup, you got that right, she. We're getting a girl! We'd painted the nursery in a soft pink colour, a white wardrobe, white cot and a soft pink carpet. The day we found out that we were getting a girl Dan insisted on getting paint for the wall and he'd bought several baby clothes with things like 'Daddy's girl' on it. 

"It looks amazing." I said looking around the room, which has changed from a plain white room to an almost complete nursery in the space of barely three days. 

"You like it?" Dan asked, wrapping his arms around me from behind and resting his chin on my shoulder.

"I love it." I replied smiling. Even though it wasn't finished yet, it already looked amazing. We still had to put the wardrobe together- and with 'we' I mean Danny... And it still needed some decorations, but it started to look like I had imagined it.  Danny let go of me again and continued putting the wardrobe together.

"Is it going okay?" I asked, looking at the half made wardrobe and the pieces that were surrounding him that still had to be put together. 

"Yeah, I think it will be standing in half an hour." He said flashing me a smile. I nodded in reply and asked,

"Breakfast?"

"Yeah." Dan replied, so I turned around and went downstairs to make us breakfast. I walked through the living room to the kitchen and was greeted by Lola who was following me to the kitchen dying for some attention. I flicked the kettle on before I stroked Lola over her head until she was satisfied and ran off again. I decided to treat Dan to an amazing breakfast, seeing as he's been amazing to me the past nine months. So I got everything I thought I might need and made croissants, eggs, cut fresh fruit until I couldn't think of anything more. 

45 minutes later, I was finished but Dan still wasn't downstairs so I decided to take his breakfast upstairs to bring it to him. I put everything on a tray and walked upstairs to the nursery where I found Dan putting the wardrobe into its place.

"I got you breakfast." I said when he was done.

"Thanks babe." He said taking the tray from me. We decided to eat it in bed so we went back to our bedroom and sat up against the headboard while I snuggled into his side, as far as that was possible with the bump.

"I'll write her name on the wall later today, and after that we can start decorating." Dan said after taking a sip from his tea. We'd bought silver paint to write her name on the pink wall above her cot, but we wanted to put all the furniture together first to decide where we were going to place her cot, but seeing as everything's put together, we can paint her name on the wall now as well.

"Great." I said smiling and pressed a kiss against his shoulder. Once we'd finished our breakfast I went to bring everything downstairs to the kitchen while Dan went to have a shower. When I had cleaned the kitchen and put the dirty dishes in the dishwasher, I went back upstairs. I went to our bedroom to get dressed, just when I sat on the edge of the bed struggling to get my socks on, Dan came walking into the bedroom with a towel wrapped around his waist and his wet hair dripping on his bare chest every now and then. He saw me struggling with my socks so he quickly came over and kneeled down, helping me.

"There you go." He said kissing my nose when he was done.

"Thanks babe." I replied when we turned around to get his clothes from the wardrobe to get himself dressed. I was watching with great interrest how he dropped the towel and put his boxers on, before he put his black skinny jeans on with a t-shirt. 

"I'll have a walk with Lola." He said when he was done.

"I'll come with you." I replied trying to stand up. Dan saw that I was struggling again and offered me his hand, pulling me to my feet.

"You know, I'm really glad when the bump's gone." I said, following him downstairs. 

"Well I guess I'll have to enjoy it as long as I still can, then?" Dan said stopping right at the bottom of the stairs and turned around to me, so we were now on the same level cause I was still standing on the stairs. 

"Yup." I replied simply. Dan placed his hands on my bump and talked to our girl, like he does every day. Once he was done he helped me putting my shoes on before he put his own on. When we were both ready he attached Lola to her lead before we went out.

Twenty minutes later, we arrived back at home and we decided to add the finishing touches to the nursery. I got all the clothes we had already bought and put them in the wardrobe while Dan placed the elephant in the coat and placed some other stuffed animals around the room. 

An hour later, we were finally finished and it looked even better than I had imagined.

"It's beautiful." I said, kissing Dan on his cheek. 

"Just like you then." He replied winking.

"Cheesy." I said giggling. I followed Dan downstairs where he made us a cup of tea while I sat down on the couch. A few moments later Dan joined me and picked up his pregnancy books from the coffee table and started looking through them again. He'd been reading and looking through them for the past nine months, but every time he said that he'd learned something new and he never got bored of it, so I just let him. He'd showed me hundred of pictures of unborn babies, how small they are, what they look like, what going on and much more. And he'd kept a list of measures of my bump, at first there wasn't much of a change, but after around four months there was a difference every time, and every time Dan got even more excited.

Jessica had given Dan a book for new dads a few weeks ago, and he got the same obsession with that book as with the pregnancy books. But I've got to admit that I think it's really cute how he's preparing himself to become a dad.

I turned the tv on and watched a movie that we'd recorded before, while Dan was looking through his pregnancy book once again.