~Chapter 24~

Danny's pov:

After hours of talking to Rina, Amy had fallen asleep with her head on my shoulder. My eyes grew heavy as well but I tried everything I could to keep myself awake. I had promised Mark to stay with her and I didn't meant falling asleep by that. The only thing was, I'd run dry of things to say to her. I mean, I can talk what I want but she doesn't reply so these one sided conversations are getting harder each time. I just took her hand in mine and stroked over her knuckles with my thumb. I hope one day I can be this happy with Amy. Well not the coma part. But that we're married, having kids and even though I'm away from home a lot of times that we'll make it work. And then when I come back home again we'll fall in love all over again. I want to hold her in my arms when she'd sad to make her smile again, I want to be with her on her happiest moments and all the moments in between.

Thinking about this, Amy still hasn't met my mum as my girlfriend. Of course she's met my mom loads of time but she was always a friend, now next time when I see my mum I can say that's she's my girlfriend. I know that my mum will be over the moon when we're gonna tell her that, she's always loved Amy like she's her daughter. And I think that my dad would like her as well. These are the moments that I miss him even more, cause I miss him everyday, but I'd love to tell him that I've got a girlfriend. He'll never see me getting married, he'll never see my kids and what hurts the most is that he's never seen how far I've come in my life. He's always seen us struggle to get signed and how we got dropped again, but he's never seen the script making it big...

I was snapped out of my thoughts by a nurse coming into the room and checked onto all the machines that Rina was attached to. She smiled at me when she saw me sitting there and I mentioned to her to be quiet before nodding to Amy. She nodded in reply and focused her attention back to the machines. Once she was gone again I sat back in my chair and listened to Rina's steady heartbeat filling the room. I really hope that she'll wake up soon, Mark is going crazy without her. He's barely able to look after his own kids. And if she's not gonna make it, we didn't even got a chance to say goodbye. That's maybe the worst about this, we have no idea what's happening. It's like an endless black tunnel. We don't know when it'll end, or if it will end...

I looked down at Amy who was still leaning against me but started to stir. I smiled at myself when I heard her mumble something understandable. Seconds later she opened those beautiful eyes of hers and looked up at me.

"Hey baby." I whispered and kissed her head.

"Hi, haven't you slept?" She asked once she saw my tired expression.

"No, I don't want Rina to be alone..." I explained and looked at Rina for a moment.

"I'll look after her now so you can sleep, she's not alone." She said and gave me a reassuring smile before sitting up in her chair.

"No, it's fine. You need your sleep." I replied not giving in.

"No, I've got a day off tomorrow. You have the first live show of the voice, so go to sleep." She said more sternly this time.

"Yes mum." I replied and closed my eyes. I felt Amy running her hand through my hair, she knew that that calms me down and makes me sleepy so it didn't long for me to fall asleep.

Amy's pov:

It really hurts me to see Rina like this. I've known her almost as long as Mark does and we always got along amazing. Now she's here, maybe fighting for her life... And Mark, who's barely coping without her. I've never seen him this broken. I decided to talk to her about her kids, what they've told me about what they've done at school. When Mark's comes back tomorrow -well today actually- I'm going to Jessica and we're going to do something with the kids. It must be very confusing for them, mummy's asleep in a hospital for days, daddy is with mummy all the time and they have all different kind of people looking after them. Lila is constantly trying to 'wake mummy up' which is adorable to watch, but heartbreaking at the same time.