~Chapter 184~

Amy's pov:

I had just dropped the girls off at school and was on my way back home to look after Jamie, who's ill.

By the time I arrived back home Dan was just shrugging his coat on, ready to go to the studio.

"How's Jamie?" I asked as I kissed his cheek before taking my own coat off.

"He's asleep now." Dan answered while buttoning up his coat.

"I'm going now, call me if you need me." He said and kissed my cheek.

"Have a great time, see you later." I answered and stole a quick kiss before Dan opened the front door and left.

I walked through to the kitchen where I switched on the kettle to make myself a cup of tea. While I waited for the water to boil I went through the mail that Dan had left on the kitchen counter.

After I'd made my tea I sat down at the table and opened my laptop, going through my emails. After an hour I decided to go up and check on Jamie.

I carefully opened his bedroom door and walked into the semi dark room.

"Mum?" Jamie asked as he noticed me coming in.

"How are you now?" I asked as I sat down on the edge of his bed and placed my hand on his forehead, he was still feeling very warm.

"Hmm." Was his only reply.

"Do you want anything? A cup of tea? Or something to eat?" I asked as I stroked through his hair.

"Don't know..." He answered shrugging.

"I'll make you something and then you can just see if you're up for it or not." I said and leaned down to kiss his cheek before leaving his bedroom again.

I walked back downstairs where I made him a cup of tea and a slice of toast. I added a little bit of jam to his toast before taking the plate and the tea up to his room.

"There you go, I'm just downstairs if you need me." I told him.

-

It was almost 4PM when the front door opened and Ava walked into the living room a few moments later, soaked from the rain.

"Hey mum." She said as she dropped her bag.

"Hey baby, where's Liz?" I asked when I realized she was alone.

"She wanted to finish maths first, so she'll be a little bit later." She answered while opening the fridge and taking out some juice.

"Allright. How did your French test go?" I asked.

"Not too bad, I'm going to change into something dry now." She answered shrugging before going upstairs to her room.

-

It was almost an hour later and there was still no sign of Liz. I had texted her a while ago but she hasn't answered and hasn't seen it either. I knocked on Ava's door before walking in, finding her sitting on her bed playing her acoustic guitar.

"Did Liz say how long she would be?" I asked, feeling a little worried.

"Is she not home yet?" Ava asked obviously surprised, which did nothing to reassure me.

"No."

"She said she'd be around fifteen minutes later so she should be home by now." Ava answered as she glanced at her phone to see the time.

"Right." I said flashing my daughter a smile, pretending like everything was alright.

I stood in the kitchen trying to call Liz but I got her voicemail after a while. I tried three times but got her voicemail each time. As I looked out of the kitchen window I realized it was now completely dark which made me even more anxious.