~Chapter 151~

Amy's pov:

It's valentines day today and Dan made us a romantic dinner at home. He had to leave early this morning, so when I came downstairs this morning I found roses on the dinner table. And when I came home from work I was greeted by Dan cooking dinner, telling me the kids were already in bed. 

Once we decided to go to bed I brought our glasses to the kitchen before going to the turn the lights off. 

"Are you coming as well?" I asked placing my hands on Dan's hips, who was standing at the piano.

"I'll be up in a minute." He said while looking down at the picture he was holding in his hands. I looked over his shoulder and noticed he was looking of a picture of him and his dad. It was a picture of Danny when he was around five, sitting on his dad's shoulders. 

I nodded and kissed his neck before making my way upstairs. After I'd taken my makeup off and brushed my teeth I checked on the girls before going to the bedroom. I was just getting into bed when I heard Dan's footsteps on the stairs, before he came into the bedroom a few minutes later. 

I watched him undressing himself before crawling into bed. He shifted downwards until he was lying propped up next to my stomach.

"Hey there little one." He said as he placed his hand on my stomach. I smiled as I looked down at him. It's becoming a habit of his to talk to our baby before he goes to sleep. Even when I'm asleep he still does it, cause I woke up yesterday when he came home late, I heard him whispering to my stomach.

"Have you been good to your mummy today?" He said while running his finger in circles over my stomach. 

He lay chatting to my stomach for a while until he eventually came back to lie with his head on his pillow again. He cuddled into me, his face buried into my chest while I was running my fingers through his hair. 

"You know what I think?" He asked after a while, his face still buried into my chest.

"No?" I replied, twisting his hair around my finger.

"That we're having a boy this time." He said pulling back slightly so he was looking into my eyes. I smiled at him, knowing how much he wants a son.

"It's just every time I talk to our baby I get this feeling that it's a boy and when I was looking at the photo of me and my father I got that feeling even stronger." He explained. 

"Would you like to know the gender when we can?" I asked, placing my hand on his cheek. 

"Yeah." He replied with a small smile. Seeing him smile made me smile as well and I leaned in kissing him on his lips. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into him. In the comfortable silence that followed I dropped off to sleep. 

-

When I woke up the next day I found Dan looking at me, lying on his side. 

"Morning." He said when he saw I was awake. I mumbled something in reply before cuddling into his chest. He placed his hand on the back of my head, his fingers tangled in my hair. 

The lads are going back on tour today, and I'm not going to lie, I'm not looking forward to him leaving me. Not that I'm normally looking forward to it, but with Bryan still on the run I'm not looking forward to being at home on my own with the girls. And of course because I'll miss him.

It was as if he was reading my mind cause after a while he said,

"I want you to join me on tour."

"I'd love you join you. But you know I can't, I have to look after the girls."

"When I said 'you' I meant the three of you. And I'm being serious Am, I'm not comfortable with leaving you alone when Bryan's still not caught." He said pulling back so he could look me in the eye, letting me know he was deadly serious. 

"But..." I started.

"No wait, just listen to me please." He said cutting me off before pressing a quick kiss against my forehead.

"I've thought about it for a while, and talked about it with the lads and the crew and they're cool with it. And you don't have to be on the bus the whole time, I can book you hotels if you want to." He said, letting me know he'd already thought this through. 

"And I might already have booked several hotels..." He added with a cheeky smile.

"Danny!" I answered laughing.

"I guess you're leaving me no choice, then...?" I replied shaking my head. 

"Well... No." He said with a boyish grin. 

"And you're sure everybody's OK with it?" I asked, not wanting to be a burden.

"Positive." He replied, pressing a reassuring kiss against my forehead. 

"And for how long will we be joining you?" I asked.

"Until the cops catch Bryan."

When we got out of bed Danny went to make the girls breakfast while I went to back our things. 

I spent pretty much the entire morning packing our luggage until Dan eventually came up the stairs telling me the cars were here. I quickly repeated everything I'd packed in my head, making sure we wouldn't forget anything.

"Ready?" He asked when I zipped my suitcase shut.

"I guess so..." I said looking around me while Dan lifted my suitcase of the bed.

"You know, I wouldn't have minded if you'd have told me about this a few days ago." I said as I followed him down the stairs.

"I know. I'm sorry." He said turning around once he reached the bottom of the stairs lifting me down the last few steps. 

"You're lucky I love you." I replied chuckling.

***

It was the next day while the lads were sound checking when Jess called me. 

"Hey." I said as I walked to somewhere quiet.

"Hey, didn't you use to have a front door?" She answered.

"What are you talking about?" I asked laughing.

"No seriously Am, I was driving past your house when I saw that the front door is knocked down." She answered.

"Fuck." I said, not needing to think twice about who had broken into our house.