~Chapter 109~

Amy's pov:

I was in the bathroom putting Ava's hair up in a ponytail. Mark and Rina are going to the zoo today with their kids and offered to take Ava and Liz with them as well. A  thing Ava was more than happy about. Once I was done Ava ran off, going downstairs. I made my way to Liz's room and packed a bag with a few things they might need today, before following Ava downstairs. I made my way to the kitchen and flicked the kettle on to make a cup of tea when I saw a car stopping. A few seconds later the door opened and Mark stepped out, I waved at him and he smiled in reply before making his way to the front door. I called out to Ava to put her shoes on and went to open the front door for Mark.

"Good morning." I said hugging him quickly.

"Morning." He replied.

"Ava are you ready?" I asked walking into the living room with Mark following behind.

"Yes mummy!" She said and ran to Mark, jumping in his arms.

"Hello there monkey!" Mark said laughing when he caught Ava.

"Have fun today." I said when he put Ava down again and took Liz from me.

"I think we will." Mark replied while I followed him back to the front door.

"Bye mummy!" Ava said hugging me quickly before she ran off to the car.

"Be good!" I called after her while she stepped in.

I waved after them while they drove off before I closed the front door and went back to the kitchen to continue making my tea. I took out a second mug to make Dan a cup of tea as well. Speaking of Dan, he is doing great. Slowly but surely he's recovering, well, he thinks it's going incredibly slow, but according to the doctors he's recovering pretty quick. And I have to agree with them, cause he is able to walk on his own again. Maybe not a marathon -if he could before his accident- but he can move around the house and have short walks with Lola, take Ava to the park where he then sits down on a bench while Ava's playing at the playground. So I'd say that he's doing really well.

I poured the boiling water into the mugs and threw a teabag in each mug when I felt two arms wrap around my waist.

"Morning beautiful." Dan whispered in my ear, his chin resting on my shoulder.

"Good morning handsome." I said turning around in his arms and kissed him softly on his lips, before I wrapped my arms around his naked waist, since he was only wearing a pair of grey sweatpants.

"Has Mark already picked the kids up?" He asked when he realized we were on our own.

"Yup." I replied nodding.

"So we have the house to ourselves today...?" He said cheekily.

"Are you implying anything, Mr?" I asked, raising my eyebrow.

"Maybe..." He replied grinning, his hands traveled down to my bum to let them rest there. He pulled me closer to him and brought his lips close to mine, close enough that they would brush against each other if one of us would talk, but not close enough to kiss me. I stared into his mesmerizing eyes for a few moments and was just about to close the small gap between our lips when he pulled away saying,

"I saw you were making tea." And with that he took one mug and made his way to the living room and sat down on the couch. I rolled my eyes even though he couldn't see it cause he had his back to me, and took my mug before following him.

I put my mug down on the coffee table and was about to sit down next to him when his hand caught my wrist. He pulled me closer to him, turned me so I was facing him, and pulled me down so I was sitting on his lap with one leg on each side of him.

I looked at him and while he was just innocently sipping his tea, even though I knew he was trying to suppress a smirk.

"What?" He asked while I continued staring at him.

"Nothing." I said smiling and shook my head slightly.

He nodded slowly and leaned forwards with one hand on my back so I wouldn't fall, he put his tea down on the coffee table before he sat up again. He placed his hands on my hips and started kissing my neck.

"Whatever you say, Mrs." He whispered in my ear, nibbling on my earlobe.

He teased me for a little while longer until he pulled away and said,

"Right, I'm going for a shower and you're going to join me."

"Am I?" I replied just to wind him up.

"Yes. Yes you are." He simply said before he turned around and made his way upstairs. I got off the couch as well and followed him upstairs. I made my way to the bedroom and took some fresh clothes from the wardrobe when I heard Dan call from the bathroom,

"Don't make me wait, Mrs!"

I chuckled at myself before I walked to the bathroom where I found Dan waiting for me. He was already standing in the shower cabin with the glass door opened as an invitation for me to come in. As soon as I did he closed the door behind me and turned the shower on. The shower needs a few seconds to get warm so I stood away from the cold water. Dan did the same and pressed my body back against the glass with his own, so none of us would get hit by the cold water, but mostly to tease me, since he could easily stand somewhere else where he would stay dry as well.

After a few seconds the water was warm and Dan pulled me underneath it. He was standing behind me while pressing soft kisses on my shoulder. I turned around and grabbed the shower gel, washing his upper body while he was studying me closely. After I had washed him he took the shower gel from me and did the same to me. I felt a tingling sensation through my whole body when he ran his hands over my body. It's been a while since we had physical contact like this, cause Dan wasn't physically able to do things for quite a while after his accident.

"I missed this." He said looking down at me.

"Me too." I replied blushing. He leaned down and kissed me softly on my lips, I responded immediately and soon enough our tongues were fighting for dominance. But before it could get too heated I pulled away cause we both knew where this would go, and Dan would then probably pick me up which I didn't want him to do because of his back.

After our shower we dries ourselves before Dan disappeared to the bedroom. I blowdried my hair before I made my way to the bedroom as well, where I found Dan sprawled out on the bed, his face buried into the mattress. I laughed at him and climbed on the bed, I sat down on his bum and slowly started to massage his shoulders.

"Ooh my god, this feels good." Dan said, his voice muffled because he had his face pressed into the mattress. I dug my fingers into the knots in his muscles while I heard Dan groan every now and then. I carefully made my way down his back, not wanting to hurt him, before settling on his shoulders again.

Once I was done I got off him and sat next to him. He pulled himself up into a sitting position and said,

"That was amazing."

"I'm glad." I said and pecked his lips quickly. I got off the bed to go back downstairs, I was walking down the stairs when I was stopped by Dan's voice,

"Am?!" He called after me.

"Yeah?!" I replied.

"I love you!"

"I love you too!"