~Chapter 141~

Danny's pov:

I woke up from the continuously beeping sound of my alarm. Groaning, I reached out to silence it. I rubbed my eyes and tried to roll on my back. But Am was laying behind me with her face pressed into my back, stopping me from rolling onto my back. I turned around and ran my hand through her hair.

"Babe, wake up." I said before I heard her mumbling her complaints making me chuckle.

"I'm going for a shower." I said and pressed a kiss against her head before I threw the covers back and made my way to the bathroom.

Today's Ava's first day of school and me and Am decided to drop her off together. We also decided to send Liz to nursery school, which is also going to be the first time today.

I had a quick shower before I went to wake Ava and Liz while Am was making breakfast.

"Are you looking forward to today?" I asked Ava as I was putting her hair in a pony tail.

"No." She replied pouting.

"I'm sure it will be fun." I reasoned and kissed her cheek before she ran off.

Once both girls were dressed I followed them downstairs to eat breakfast. As soon as I walked into the kitchen Am pressed a cup of coffee in my hand.

"Morning." She said and kissed my cheek quickly as she passed me on her way to the table.

Once we were all ready to leave I grabbed Ava's backpack and handed it to her. The backpack was the only thing she liked about the whole school thing. We promised her that she could pick her own bag and she chose -unsurprisingly- a Frozen backpack. We'd gotten it two weeks ago and in those two weeks she'd constantly been walking around the house with it, but now when she can really use it, she doesn't want it.

After some gentle persuading she finally gave in and took her backpack from me.

I took her hand in mine and locked the front door behind me before we followed Am and Liz who were stood waiting on the pavement for us.

The school wasn't that far away so we decided to walk. Seeing as it would only be a fifteen minute walk. Thankfully, as we were walking Ava went back to her normal bubbly chatty self instead of continuing to sulk about having to go to school.

I felt my heart swell with pride as I looked at my little girls who were now big enough to go to school. Even though it feels like it was only yesterday that I held them for the first time. I felt a lump from in my throat and swallowed quickly before focussing back the story Ava was telling me.

We waved one final time at Ava before she went inside, disappearing in the sea of kids of her own age.

I wrapped my arm around Am's waist and pulled her into me, resting my chin on the top of her head. We stood like that for a few moments until Am moved her head to look up at me.

"Are you crying?" She asked me.

"No." I replied and quickly wiped my eyes.

"Aw babe." She said before hugging me.

"I'm just so proud." I said as I hugged her back.

I saw Am smile at me as she pulled away before kissing me on my lips.

"Me too." She said as she pulled away.

"Let's go." I said as I grabbed her hand and started walking.

"Where to?"

"Get coffee, we've got the day to ourselves." I replied.

We were sitting in a cosy little cafe drinking our coffee. Our conversation was interrupted by Am's phone ringing. She took it out of the pocket of her coat and looked at the caller ID.

"Not important." She said before declining the call and placing her phone on the table.

Only a minute later her phone rang again. She sighed in annoyance before putting her phone on silent.

"Everything OK?" I asked as I watched her annoyed expression.

"Of course." She said with a smile. But I know her well enough to know that her smile was fake. She seemed to realize it too and moved over to me, sitting down on my lap.

"I'm fine." She said as she wrapped her arms around my neck, resting her head on my shoulder.

"Are you sure it's not important?" I asked as her phone rang for the third time.

"Positive." She replied nodding.

"Then who is it who's calling you?" I questioned, sensing that something was off.

"Bryan..." I heard her whisper.

"Bryan?" I asked confused.

"Yeah." She answered and unlocked her phone handing it to me. Her phone showed countless calls from Bryan over the last few weeks.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked, remembering how scared Am used to be of Bryan. She shrugged and looked down at her lap, avoiding my eyes.

"You know you can tell me everything right?" I said softly, placing my fingers on her chin and tilted her head towards mine before I placed a soft kiss on her lips.

"Has he harassed you in other ways than calling you?" I asked.

"He's texted. But I ignored all of them." She replied.

"What does he want?" I asked, confused as to why he's trying to get back in contact with Am after all these years.

"He said that he was sorry for everything that happened and wants to start over."

"What the fuck?!" I said not being able to hide by annoyance towards him.

"I thought he found someone?" I said calming myself down. Am shrugged her shoulders before meeting my eyes. I could see that it was bothering her, even though she obviously didn't want to admit it.

"I ignored him though."

"Good, cause he's not worth it." I replied wrapping my arms a little tighter around her.