~Chapter 123~

Amy's pov:

Mark, Glen, Rachel and Jess decided that Dan and I needed some quality time so we could be with just the two of us. Since things were still tough between us. So they decided to send us away on holiday. They booked us a flight and a hotel at the Bahamas, and Glen and Rachel looked after Ava and Liz.

Because of that, we're now sitting on a plane flying over the Atlantic Ocean. I was sitting next to window, looking out of it, while Dan was on my right listening to music with his head on my shoulder. I thought he had fallen asleep until he sat up and leaned over me to look out the window as well.

"Were almost there." He said smiling and took my hand in his'. 

"Yeah." I replied nodding and looked at the handsome man sitting next to me instead of looking out of the window. He looked down at me with a small smile before he leaned in and pressed his lips softly against mine. 

When we pulled away I rested my head against his shoulder while he wrapped his arm around my waist. I shifted a little and tried to get comfortable which was getting harder every time after sitting in almost the same position for about nine hours. 

When the plane finally touched down on the runway I was glad that I could almost get out. Once we came to a halt and were allowed to get out, we gathered out hand luggage before standing up. My legs felt stiff after sitting down for so long but I quickly followed Dan out of the plane. 

I was hit by the heat as soon as I stepped out of the plane. Even though it was already evening it was still really warm. Dan grabbed my hand and pulled me closer to him before wrapping his arm around my waist.

"It's so hot." I moaned, regretting that I chose to wear black skinny jeans.

"I know babe." He replied chuckling.

We made our way to the bagage claim where we waited until we both had out suitcase. When I found my suitcase I stepped forward to try and lift it off the conveyor belt, but I'd forgotten how heavy it was and couldn't get it off. I heard Dan laughing behind me before he stepped in and easily lifted my suitcase off the conveyor belt. 

"There you go babe." He said placing it down beside me.

"I could've done it myself, I just forgot it was this heavy so I didn't use all my strength." I said defending myself, causing Dan to chuckle.

"Of course." He replied before lifting his own suitcase of the conveyor belt. 

We took our suitcases and made our way out of the airport. We hailed a taxi and Dan lifted our suitcases in the trunk before joining me on the backseat. I told the driver the address Jess had given us before they brought us to the airport, before we left the airport behind.

I looked out of the window taking in the beautiful view and silently thanked Mark, Glen, Rachel and Jess for doing this for us. 

Once we arrived at our hotel I paid the driver while Dan got our suitcases out of the trunk. While the taxi drove off we made our way inside to check in.

Fifteen minutes later, we opened the door to our hotel room. It had everything you could possibly think of in an hotel, but I barely paid attention to any of it cause I walked straight to the glass door that lead onto the balcony. I opened it and stepped outside, it looked out over one of the most beautiful beaches I've ever seen in my whole life. The sun was setting which caused an orange glow over the bright blue water. It was absolutely breathtaking. I didn't even realize Dan had joined me until I heard him say,

"It's beautiful."

"It is." I replied nodding and looked at him. He was still looking straight forward at the beautiful view in front of him while I watched how the setting sun illuminated on his face.

We stood on the balcony for a little while longer until Dan offered to go and take a walk at the beach. I agreed immediately but we went to change into something lighter first. 

I sighed in relief when I took my skinny jeans off, abandoning them on the floor. I made my way to my suitcase and opened it, rummaging through all the clothes I took with me. I dressed into some shorts and a vest top while Dan did the same.

Once we were done we made our way to the beach. We walked through the sand to the water until it came up to our ankles. Dan was holding my hand with his right one while holding my shoes in his left hand.

After a while we decided to go and sit down for a while. We sat down on the sand and sat in comfortable silence. I took a hand full of sand and watched it while it slipped through my fingers until my hand was empty again. I repeated this for a few times until my childish side came out and I started burying Dan's feet in the sand.

"What are you doing?" He asked chuckling.

"Burying you." I replied grinning.

Things got a little bit out of hand though, cause instead of just burying his feet like I first intended on doing, I made him lie down on his back after a while and continued burying him in the sand until only his head was left uncovered. I stood up and took my phone out before taking a photo of Dan buried in the sand, while he complained about sand in his boxers.

"Right, I'm going back." I said teasing him and pretended to walk back to the hotel leaving him buried underneath a thick and heavy layer of sand.

"Am! Come back!" I heard him call after me.

I laughed at him before walking back to him to help him out. I started at his neck and once his hands were released he started helping me with releasing the rest of his body.

"Let's not do this again." He said while standing up.

"We'll see." I replied laughing.

Once we were back in our hotel room Dan was going for a shower to wash all the sand off him.

"Care to join?" He asked before going into the bathroom.

"It's the least you can do after burying me." He called from the bathroom. I chuckled at myself before following him to the bathroom.

With every piece of clothing he took off sand fell onto the bathroom floor. And even in the shower I looked down to see sand go down the drain while he washed his hair and body.

Once we were clean -and sand-free in Dan's case- we turned the shower off and quickly dried ourselves before deciding to go to bed since we were both pretty tired.

I climbed into our kingsize bed while Dan shut the blinds before joining me. I cuddled close to him and rested my head on his bare chest. He was drawing little patterns on my hip with his finger, his movements became slower by the second until it came to a halt. I turned my head slightly and saw that he had fallen asleep. I smiled softly at the sight of him before closing my eyes and falling asleep as well.

A/N:

There you go, chapter 123, hope you enjoyed it. I won't be able to update for the next week cause I'm going on holiday☀️ I'll continue updating when I get back though. x