~Chapter 135~

Danny's pov:

By the time we arrived home Am had fallen asleep against me. I paid the driver and opened the door lifting Am into my arms and carrying her to the front door. I clumsily unlocked the front door while holding a sleeping Amy in my arms before I walked in and made my way to the living room where I lay Am down on the couch. I grabbed a blanket from the back of the couch and covered Am with it to keep her warm.

I made my way to the kitchen to get myself a drink when I found a note Jess had left on the counter.

'Ava and Liz are at Rina's cause I had to go to work. Let me know when you're home xx'

I pulled my phone out and sent Jess a text telling her that we arrived home safely. She replied a few seconds later asking me if I was back in the UK.

'Took the first flight back when you called me.' I replied while filling a glass with water.

'Good on you. Now, you better try to win her trust back.'

Okay, so it was pretty clear that Am had told Jess about my mistakes. Not that I didn't expect anything different though, it's just that I better think of something fucking amazing to make it up to her otherwise Jessica will come and kick my ass. If Mark and Glen won't do it first.

I walked back to the couch and sat down with Am's head resting in my lap. I ran my fingers through her hair while watching her sleep.

I sat like that for hours until Am started to stir. She rolled onto her back so she was looking up at me through sleepy eyes.

"Hey babe." I said stroking her hair out of her face.

"What time is it?" She asked, her voice thick with sleep.

"6PM." I replied while she sat up.

"What do you want to eat?" I asked when I realized I was starting to get hungry.

"I'm not hungry." She replied shrugging, wrapping the blanket tightly around her.

"But you have to eat something." I tried again, taking her hand in mine and running my thumb over the back of her hand. She shook her head again and I sighed in defeat, not wanting to push her right now. I got up from the couch and made my way to the kitchen looking through the cupboards for something to eat for myself.

I ended up with rice and chicken and even managed to feed Am a few bites as she sat with me while I ate.

"How was America?" She asked, trying to start a conversation.

"Good." I replied, contemplating whether I should tell her about what happened or not. I decided against it since she's far from feeling well right now so she doesn't need this to deal with as well.

She nodded and flashed me a weak smile while I finished my food.

We sat on the couch in silence watching tv cuddled up together. Am was resting her head against my chest while leaning into my side while I was playing with the ends of her hair. The silence was broken when Am spoke up and shifted herself away from me.

"I don't feel very well." She said and stood up from the couch.

She tried to make her way to the toilet as quick as possible but couldn't even make it out of the living room before she threw up on the floor, coughing violently.

I rushed over to her and kneeled down holding her hair back and rubbing soothing circles over her back.

"I'm sorry." She chocked out while trying to catch her breath.

"Shh it's alright." I whispered pulling her into me. She pressed her damp forehead into my neck while I wrapped my arms tightly around her. But as soon as I wrapped my arms around her I felt her wince and I quickly let go again, remembering her bruised ribs.

"Let's get you to bed." I said softly and stood up, taking Am with me.

"I'll have to clean this first." She replied wiping her cheeks dry with the sleeve of her sweater.

"I'll do it." I said and took her hand, guiding her upstairs.

I sat on the closed toilet seat while Am brushed her teeth before I followed her to the bedroom. I threw the covers back while Am undressed herself.

I heard her cry out in pain as she tried to pull her sweater over her head and I wished I could take her pain for her instead.

"Let me help you." I said and made her sit down on the bed while I slowly and carefully pulled her sweater off.

Once the sweater was off I noticed the bruises and cuts covering the right side of her body and kneeled down next to her. I slowly kissed each bruise and cut, making sure I didn't miss one. Lastly, I placed my fingers underneath her chin and turned her head to me before pressing my lips softly against hers.

When I pulled away I grabbed one of my t-shirts and carefully helped Am into it. She lay down while I covered her with the duvet.

"I love you." I said before kissing her softly once again. A small smile played at her lips when I said those three words which made me smile as well.

I went back downstairs and cleaned the mess on the living room floor before I sat back down on the couch. I grabbed my phone and texted Rina asking her if I should come to pick the girls up.

She replied saying she'll bring them home tomorrow since they're already asleep and I should look after Amy now. I thanked her and decided to go to bed as well, feeling the jet lag starting to kick in.

I crawled in next to Am who was fast asleep. I shifted over to her and spooned her, resting my chin on the top of her head. I breathed in her scent and closed my eyes, letting sleep take over.