~Chapter 172~

Danny's pov:

Today we're finally allowed to take Liz home. They've monitored her progress a few more days and finally decided that she was allowed to go.

They had to run a few last tests so Am and I were sitting at her side while the doctors were preparing to take some blood of Liz. A thing I was slightly anxious of, because I had no idea how Liz would react when she'd get a needle in her arm. 

Am and I were both chatting away to Liz, trying to distract her from the doctor who was taking the needle out. But we could only delay the dreaded moment for so long, because after a few more moments the doctor came to stand next to me and motioned for Liz to put her arm out. I carefully encouraged her and stroked her upper arm softly as she stretched her arm. As soon as she'd reached her arm out realization happened and her eyes widened with fear and she tried to pull her arm back.

"It's OK baby, Mummy and Daddy are here." I told her while gently lying her arm back down on the bed.

"No Daddy!" She cried out as tears started to roll down her cheeks.

"It'll be over in a few seconds sweetheart." Am said while she leaned over and kissed Liz multiple times on her cheeks. 

I also leaned forward to stop Liz from being able to see the needle going into her arm. But despite not being able to see it she definitely still felt it. As soon as the tip of the needle touched her skin she started screaming while me and Am desperately tried to calm her down.

Thankfully, it only took a few seconds and shortly after Liz stopped screaming as well. Only sniffing a little bit as she was calming down. 

"I'm so proud of you." I told her before pressing a soft kiss on the spot where they'd taken her blood. 

As I sat up again I grabbed her stuffed bunny from the bedside table and cuddled it into her neck, trying to comfort her. She gladly took it from me and wrapped her arms around it.

"Bunny is also proud of you." I told her which finally caused a small smile to form on her sweet face, making me smile as well.

We waited until the doctor came back with the blood results, which were all good thankfully. Since we were now allowed to go, we packed the bag with things we'd taken here over the last few days.

We walked out of the hospital together. I was carrying Liz with one arm while she rested her head on my shoulder and held hands with Am with my other hand. We got into a cab and told them the address to our house. 

As soon as we'd received the news that Liz was going to be released from hospital we booked a flight home. Our flight was leaving tomorrow around noon so we'd agreed with Glen and Rachel that they would take the kids for a few hours to we could pack all our belongings for our flight tomorrow. 

As we walked into the living room we found Glen and Rachel sitting on the couch. Rachel was reading a book with Ava while Glen was giving Jamie a bottle.

"Hey!" Glen said when he noticed us coming in. He finished Jamie's bottle and stood up with Jamie in his arm before he walked over to us. 

"I'm glad to see this little ray of sunshine is back." Glen said to Lizzy causing her to giggle. 

The four of us drank a cup of tea before they decided to take the girls to their apartment for a few hours. Since Jamie was fast asleep we decided to leave him sleep, doubting he'd wake up in the next few hours.

-

I'd finished packing my own suitcase and decided to make a start with Am's while she was in Ava's bedroom packing her things.

I was just folding some of her panties and placed them in her suitcase when she walked in.

"I thought I'd make a start with your cloth- what's this for?" I said smirking as I hold up some black see through lingerie I'd never seen before.

"Well I had a few surprises up my sleeve, just never got to put them into action." She said giggling.

"Shame." I answered as I looked at the delicate fabric in my hands. 

"I might give you a little show when we're home and you're a good boy." She said biting her lip while I stood up.

"I'd like that." I told her while she kneeled down and pulled a pair of shoes out from underneath the bed.

"You know what? I'm glad that ass is mine." I said and slapped her bum playfully, adding a little squeeze. 

"Could say the same about yours. And your sexy legs." She said smiling mischievously as she trailed her hand up my leg, inside the trouser leg of my shorts and up the inside of my thigh.

"Careful there darling, you might turn me on." I told her as I looked down at her, looking into her twinkling blue eyes.

"Well we can't have that. I'd better stop then." She said, although her finger started tracing little patterns on my groin.

"Too late. Now the consequences are yours." I whispered before lifting her up before laying her down on her back on the bed as I hovered over her.

"Hmm that sounds dangerous." She said giggling while her hands slipped underneath my shirt before taking it off. 

"It is." I answered while I quickly undressed her.

***

We'd arrived back home a few hours ago and finally had everything unpacked. We'd just finished dinner when I decided to get Liz to bed.

"Let's have a shower first, yeah baby?" I said as we walked into the bathroom. She looked up at me and I could see the fear in her eyes.

"Daddy won't leave you sweetheart." I said as I kneeled down in front of her. She didn't answer but I started to undress her before I turned the shower on, making sure the water wasn't too hot. I kept the glass door open and stepped aside to let Liz in but she remained standing in the same spot where she was.

"It'll be fine." I said before lifting her up and placing her in the shower. As soon as the water hit her back and wet her hair she ran out again and clung onto my legs. I stroked her back while I tried to sweet talk her into having a shower.

"How about we take one together?"  I tried after a while. I finally felt her nod so I took my own clothes off as well before walking in with Liz and closing the door behind me.

I kneeled down in front of her and grabbed the shampoo bottle. I carefully rubbed it into her hair while Liz's eyes never left my face, making sure I was still there.

"Now close your eyes for a second, sweetheart." I said before guiding her underneath the shower head to rinse the shampoo out of her hair.

But as soon as she'd closed her eyes and the water hit her head she started screaming. I quickly shut the water off and wrapped my arms around her, pulling her into me. She rested her head on my shoulder while I felt her little fists on my back. It broke my heart to see her this scared so I held her a little tighter as I waited for her to calm down.