~Chapter 185~

Danny's pov:

By the time Am came back downstairs Liz had fallen asleep in my arms. My hand was still running through her hair as I looked at my sleeping daughter, wondering how someone could do such a thing to my innocent angel.

"Do you think we should get her to bed?" I asked as Am walked over to me.

"Probably..." Am answered as she sat down next to me. I carefully got up from the couch so I wouldn't wake Liz before scooping her up in my arms. I carried her up the stairs to her bedroom where Am helped me changing her into her pyjamas.

When Ava, Liz and Jamie were younger they used to fall asleep on the couch a lot and I've carried all of them to their bed countless of times. And as I carried Liz to her bed once again I was reminded of how young and fragile she actually still is. 

Am pulled the covers back while I settled Liz before Am covered her again. After making sure she looked comfy we left her room again and went back downstairs.

As Am went sit on the couch I went into the kitchen and poured us both a glass of wine before I joined her.

"Thanks." She smiled at me as I handed her a glass and joined her on the couch. As soon as I sat down Am moved over and cuddled into me, her head resting on my chest.

"I canceled the studio for tomorrow so I can be with Liz." I told Am as I drew patterns on her back.

"Thank you." She said and kissed my collar bone.

"Do you think it's a good idea to take her to Ireland after what happened today?" She asked while her finger was drawing patterns on my stomach.

The kids are breaking up for Christmas tomorrow so we're going to my Mum's to celebrate Christmas with all the O'Donoghues.

"Might be a great distraction. And maybe it's a good thing to be away from where it happened for a few days." I answered.

"Hmm.. Maybe you're right."

We sat in silence for a while. The only sound coming from the TV that none of us was watching.

"You're a great Dad." Am said suddenly after a while, breaking the silence.

"Thanks." I said chuckling at her sudden statement.

"No seriously, I don't think I could've raised our children by myself." She said as she sat up slightly so she could look me in the eye.

"That's why they're our kids, because we're doing it together." I told her with a small smile while tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"And we can always raise another one." I said cheekily. Am rolled her eyes at me before turning serious again.

"I don't know what I would have done without you today." She said before leaning in and placing her lips on mine. Her hands cupped my face while our lips gently moved against each other. My hands were placed on her waist, holding her close to me as I closed my eyes and breathed in her scent.

"I love you." I said slightly out of breath once Am pulled away.

"I love you too." She answered while resting her forehead against mine.

"So much." She whispered before kissing me once again. As I kissed her back I felt her hands slip underneath my shirt, caressing my bare body before taking it off.

I lay down on the sofa taking Am with me while she moved to kiss across my shoulder. I watched her as she took off my clothes before she undressed herself. A few moments later we were making love on the sofa. I felt all the stress of today melt away as my body moved in sync with hers.

A few minutes later we were lying next to each other on the couch, Am's body squeezed between mine and the back of the couch. She lay with her head on my chest while my fingertips ran up and down her back as I struggled to stay awake. 

"Dan?" Am asked as she propped herself up on my chest.

"Hmm?" I answered as my hand mimicked her curves.

"Remember the other day when you were talking about having another baby, were you serious?" She asked as she looked down on me.

"I was, yeah." I said while tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"I've been thinking about it and maybe we should do it..." She said grinning.

"I'd like that." I said smiling before leaning up to kiss her.

"What made you change your mind?" I asked once she settled on my chest once again.

"I don't really know... You I guess..." She said chuckling.

We lay on the couch for a while longer until we eventually decided to go to bed, seeing as it was way past midnight. I slapped Am's bum playfully as I chased her up the stairs while we both tried to suppress our giggles as to not wake the kids.

A few moments later I climbed into bed and wrapped my arms around Am, a smile on my face at the thought of us having another baby. 

-

When I woke up the next day Am was already gone. She'd asked me to pack our suitcases for our trip to Ireland so I decided to get up seeing as I'm not the most organized person so it might take me a while to pack our suitcases.

When I arrived downstairs I found Liz wrapped in a blanket lying on the couch watching the TV.

"Morning sweetheart, you're up early." I said as I walked over to the couch. Am and I decided yesterday that we'd keep Liz home today after what happened yesterday.

"I couldn't sleep." She said without moving her eyes from the screen.

"Is it because of what happened yesterday?" I asked carefully as I sat down on the couch.

"I don't know." She answered shrugging.

"About what happened yesterday, do you want to talk about it...?" I asked, not knowing how to address this.

"Not really." She said, her eyes meeting mine this time.

I smiled sadly at her before saying,

"Right. Just promise me you won't bottle anything up and come to talk to me or Mum if there's anything you want to get off your chest. Anything."

I shifted over and wrapped my arms tightly around her, pulling her into me.

"I promise." I heard her whisper as she hugged me back.

"Good." I said and kissed the top of her head. I held her for a little longer until she eventually pulled away to continue watching the TV.