~Chapter 113~

Danny's pov:

I woke up with Am sprawled out on top of me, her face pressed into the crook of my neck. I placed my hand on her back and ran my fingers slowly up and down over her back. I turned my head to see what time it was, but when I saw that it was just 6.15 AM I relaxed again, closing my eyes. I fell asleep only to be woken up by Liz again a few minutes later when I heard her crying. I carefully rolled Am's body off mine without waking her before I got out of bed and made my way to Liz's room. I lifted her up and held her against my chest, lightly bouncing up and down trying to calm her down. But it didn't work. I decided to take her downstairs to make a bottle for her.

I walked into the kitchen where I held her on my hip while I prepared her bottle one-handed. Once her bottle was ready I sat down on the couch with Liz in my arms and started feeding her. She immediately stopped with crying and looked up at me with her big eyes.

"Were you hungry baby?" I asked her softly, stroking my finger over her soft cheek. Of course she didn't reply, but she brought her little hand to mine and wrapped her small fingers around mine. Once she finished her bottle, I placed the bottle on the coffee table while I held Liz in my arms for a little longer. I didn't take long until she fell asleep again so I went back upstairs where I lay her back in her bed. I tucked her in and placed her bunny next to her before I left her room and went back to our bedroom. Am was now laying on her side of the bed again so I got in on my side again and wrapped the duvet around me, getting comfortable. I snuggled into the soft pillow and closed my eyes, ready to fall asleep again.

When I woke up for the second time, Am was already awake and was lying on her side, looking at me.

"Good morning handsome." She said and smiled softly at me.

"Morning." I mumbled in reply, placing my hand on her hip.

"You seem pretty fresh, are you not hungover?" I asked after staring at her for a few moments.

"Hmm, little bit." She said chuckling.

"Did you have a great time last night?" I asked, pulling her closer to me.

"Yeah, we had a lot of fun." She replied smiling.

"That's good." I said and kissed her softly on her lips.

We just lay staring at each other, while she traced her finger over the stubble on my chin, over my cheek, to my nose and the laugh lines next to my eyes.

"I love your eyes. They're beautiful." She said after a while, breaking the silence.

"I love you. You're beautiful." I replied, catching her wrist and placing a kiss on the palm of her hand.

"Cheesy." She said chuckling.

"It's true though." I replied simply. She propped herself up on her elbow and leaned over me, looking down at me. She placed her free hand on my chest and leaned down, pressing her lips against mine. I wrapped my arms around her and pressed her closer to me before I tangled one of my hands in my hair. I felt her smile in the kiss which made me smile as well. She slowly pulled away and quickly pecked my lips again before she sat up and said,

"We should get up."

I nodded in reply but remained lying in bed. She rolled her eyes at me and got out of bed, before walking around to my side of the bed where she pulled the duvet off my body. She took my hands and pulled me into a sitting position.

"Good boy." She said sarcastically when I stood up. I grinned at her and made my way downstairs to make breakfast. When I walked through the living room to go to the kitchen I found Ava sitting on the couch watching TV while Lola was lying next to her.

"Good morning sunshine." I said pressing a kiss on the top of her head.

"Morning daddy!" She replied without taking her gaze away from the TV.

After breakfast I got dressed and decided to have a walk with Lola. I attached the lead to her collar and took my keys before I closed the front door behind me.

Just as we were halfway it started to rain a little bit, so I started to walk a little faster hoping I would make it back home before it would get too bad. But only a few seconds later it started raining cats and dogs. I started to run, Lola immediately following my lead, but after a few moments I was already totally soaked, so there was no point in running either.

Half an hour later I arrived back home, totally soaked. Before I could take my keys out to let myself in, the front door opened and Am stood there with a towel for me.

"Thanks babe." I said taking the towel from her. I rubbed it over my hair so it would stop dripping before I took my clothes off until I was left in my boxers.

"I'm going for a shower." I said shivering.

"Alright." Am said picking my wet clothes up from the floor.

I quickly made my way to the bathroom to warm up in the shower. Once I was done I dressed into a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie before I made my way back downstairs where Am handed me a cup of tea. I went to the living room when I heard the doorbell ring. I made my way to the front door and opened it, revealing Glen and Rachel.

"Hey." I said opening the door further for them to come in. They came in and walked to the living room while I followed them behind.

"Tea?" Am asked when she saw them coming in.

"Yeah, thanks." Glen replied while Am went to the kitchen to make some more tea.

"We thought we should come and tell you that we're back together, since we caused some trouble..." Rachel said while Am came back with two more mugs.

"I'm glad you sorted things out." Am said smiling and sat down on the couch.

"Me too." Rachel replied nodding, before she looked up at Glen. He smiled down at her before he kissed her on her cheek.