~Chapter 169~

Glen's pov:

I knocked softly on the door before opening it and walking into Liz's room. Dan and Amy were still sitting at her side like they did when Liz was brought in yesterday. Amy was resting her upper body on the side of Liz's bed and was asleep while Dan was sitting on her other side with her hand in his, softly talking to her.

When I walked over to the bed Dan brushed a strand of Liz's hair off her face before he looked up at me.

"Hey." He said.

He looked tired; there were bags under his eyes which almost looked like bruises, his hair had dried into an awful mess and he was still wearing the same clothes in which he got into the river yesterday. Only they were dry by now.

"How is she?" I asked as I stood beside him and placed my hand on his shoulder.

"Still the same." He replied with a sigh.

Rachel had explained to us what the doctors had told us yesterday. Because she speaks a little french due to her traveling a lot. Whereas we don't understand a word of what they're saying and can't speak it either.

"She's is going to be alright man, she's your little fighter." I said squeezing his shoulder.

"But what if she's not?" He asked, his bottom lip trembling.

"She will be alright." I said again.

"The doctors said that they're keeping her asleep, so they've got everything under control Dan." I said trying to reassure him.

He didn't say anything but instead brought Liz's little hand which was resting in his to his mouth and pressed soft kisses against the back of her hand.

"Why don't you and Amy got back and get some proper sleep?" I offered when I looked at Amy who looked highly uncomfortable.

"No!" Danny answered immediately.

"Why not?" I tried again.

"Because I don't want her to be here all alone, in a foreign country with people she doesn't know, speaking a language she doesn't understand." He said before he burst out crying.

I pulled him up from his chair and wrapped him into a hug. He crashed himself into me and I stood there holding him up, desperately trying to sooth him and stop him from falling apart.

Amy obviously woke up from what was going on and joined us as well, rubbing her hand over Dan's back.

It took a long time until Dan eventually calmed down. I stood with his trembling body in my arms for a little longer until he sat down again.

"I though maybe you and Dan should go back and get some proper sleep." I said to Amy when no one said anything.

"But-" Amy started but I interrupted her,

"She won't be alone. I'll stay with her, she knows me. And I'll call immediately if something happens." I reasoned.

Amy was chewing her lip, thinking about what I just said while Dan sat watching Liz, sniffing.

"I can't go back. I can't look at her stuff knowing she's here and not knowing when things will get better. If things will get better." Dan said without looking at us.

"What about I give you the key to our apartment then?" I tried once again.

"Danny, you can't be strong for Liz when you're running yourself into the ground." I told him.

Dan and Amy looked at each other until Dan eventually said,

"Fine. But call immediately if something happens."

"I promise." I said before handing him over the key to our apartment.

I watched them both say goodbye to Liz before they left the room. I sat down on a chair at Liz's bedside and held her small hand in mine.

"Hey there Lizzy, it's me, Glen. Mummy and Daddy are going to get some sleep so I will look after you tonight."

Danny's pov:

By the time we arrived at the apartment it was already dark outside.

"I'm going to shower." I told Am before walking into the bathroom.

Although the warm water felt good on my skin, it did nothing against the pain I was feeling in my chest.

I slowly washed myself before I shut the water off and grabbed a towel, I quickly dried myself with it before wrapping it around my waist.

I walked into the bedroom where Am had started to undress herself to have a shower as well. I sat down at the bed and rested my head in my hands, sighing.

I felt movement behind me until Am's arms wrapped around my waist and her head rested between my shoulder blades.

"I don't want to be away from Liz. Or Ava, or Jamie." I said after a few moments.

"I don't want to go on tour with The Script anymore."

"What?! Why not?" Am answered, obviously shocked by what I just told her.

"I don't want to be away from any of you."

"Danny, you're just saying stuff because your tired and emotional. You'd never give up The Script." She said turning my head so I was looking at her.

"I would for my family." I told her.

"But you never have to." She said cupping my face in her hands.

"I don't want my kids to grow up without a Dad." I said while a tear ran down my cheek.

"I'm away so much and-"

"Danny, they'll never grow up without a Dad. They're growing up with the best Dad because you're their Dad." She said as she looked me in my eyes.

I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her into me, hugging her as tight as I could.

"I love you so so much." I whispered into her hair.

We sat in our embrace for a while until I eventually lay down, taking Am with me. Our fingers were intertwined as we lay in silence.

We fell asleep like that. Me still with a towel around my waist, Am half undressed about to have a shower but never made it and the lights in the bathroom still on.