~Chapter 95~

Danny's pov:

I woke up the next morning at the crack of dawn. I felt Am's presence next to me and when I opened my eyes and turned my head to the side I found her cuddled into my side with her head still in the crook of my neck. I smiled at the sight of her, and that I woke up next to her again after waking up alone for a few weeks. I turned onto my side and shifted closer to Am, until I was lying with my chest pressed against her chest. I wrapped my arm around her and rested my chin on top of her head, closing my eyes again. I just lay there with my eyes closed listening to Am's breathing until I heard Ava padding over the landing. I sat up and picked up a t-shirt from the floor putting it on before I got up and walked to the our bedroom door. When I opened the door I found Ava standing on the other side, hugging her bunny to her chest and fat tears streaming down her cheeks.

"What's wrong princess?" I asked softly, kneeling down in front of her.

"Ouch." She whispered, walking into my opened arms.

"Where do you have ouch?" I asked, lifting her up and rubbing my hand softly over her back.

"Tummy." She replied still sobbing lightly.

I walked out of the bedroom and closed the door behind me so we wouldn't wake Am up and walked to Ava's room with her still in my arms. When I walked into her room I was met by a weird smell lingering in her room and when I walked to her bed and turned her nightlight on I realized she had puked as well, which was what I smelt.

"Oh baby, you want to come and lie with mummy and daddy?" I asked, looking down at her. She nodded in reply, her head resting against my shoulder. I walked back to our bedroom and lay her on my side of the bed before I quickly went back to her room to get her bedsheets and put them in the washing machine. Once I had turned the washing machine on I went back to our bedroom where I found Ava still lying in the exact same spot, almost asleep. I carefully slipped in bed and cuddled Ava into me. She held her bunny in one hand while she held my fingers with her other hand. I rubbed my finger over the spot on her forehead in between her eyes like I did when she was a baby and wouldn't go to sleep. And, like back then, within a few minutes she was back asleep. I rubbed my finger over her forehead for a little longer to make sure she really was asleep, but when I stroked the back of my hand over her forehead I realized that she felt really hot as well. I looked down at her but she looked peaceful now, so I decided to let her sleep and hoped that she would feel a little better when she'd wake up. I rested one hand on Am's waist, who had rolled back to her side of the bed while Ava was holding onto my other hand. I closed my eyes and let sleep take over once again.

***

When I woke up again, I was alone in bed. I saw light coming through the crack in the curtains when I picked my phone up I saw that I was a little after 11AM. I got out of bed and made my way downstairs where I found Am sitting at the table typing something on her laptop with a cup of coffee standing on the table next to her laptop.

"Morning gorgeous." I said, placing my hands on her shoulder from behind and leaning down to kiss her on her cheek.

"Good morning." She said smiling and turned her head to kiss me on my lips.

"Ava isn't feeling very well." She said when I walked to the kitchen to get myself a coffee as well.

"I know, I took her to our bed early this morning." I replied, taking out a cup.

"I guessed that already. And you put her bedsheets in the washing machine." Am said, focusing back on her laptop.

"Yeah, she got sick over them." I said, pouring myself a cup of coffee.

"Poor girl." Am replied, looking over at the sofa where Ava was lying underneath her blanket, asleep.

"What are you doing today?" Am asked when I sat down at the table next to her.