~Chapter 56~

Danny's pov:

As soon as I held Am in my arms, I knew that I never wanted to let go of her again. I never want to be without her again, and I want to spend the rest of my life with her.

After a few minutes I put her down again and hugged the rest of my family that had come backstage with Amy.

"Be good to her." John said, patting me on my back.

"I will, I promise." I replied, nodding my head.

"I know that, you're good for her." He replied, flashing me a smile before he walked to Amy. I was really happy that he gave me his permission to marry her, cause to be honest, I was fucking scared when I had to ask him. Although we get along quite well, I was still scared. I had told Hannah as well, so I think that's why she was so disappointed when she couldn't make it to Dublin. Cause, of course, she wanted to be there when I was going to propose to Amy. But I hope that she's satisfied with seeing it on the telly or something.

I had been thinking about this the last few days, planning what I wanted to say. But I couldn't think of anything good to say, so I decided to just make something up on the spot, which I did. Hopefully I didn't sound to stupid while I was thinking of the right words. I knew that I was going to be nervous for this gig when we planned it, but when I later decided that I was going to propose to Amy, made it even worse.

We decided to go to a pub to celebrate this. Well, not all of us, John was going back, Rina had to bring the kids back and my Andi had to go back to her daughters. So it was me, Amy, Mark, Glen and my three brothers and two sisters. One of my brothers flew over from Australia for me. The only one that missed today was my dad, but maybe he's up there with god saying 'that's my kid...'

We had a quick shower before we were going. I took Am's hand in mine and we walked outside to get in a car to a pub. I had her left hand in my hand and my thumb rubbed lightly over the ring she was wearing now. Mark had helped me to choose a ring, cause I wanted the perfect ring. I knew that Am wouldn't want one that was too over the top. But still, there are still so many other rings. We spent like two hours trying to find the perfect one, until I decided on the one she's wearing now. The girl who had helped us trying to find the ring turned out to be a fan, so asked us for a photo, of course we did that. But I was scared to death that Am would see the pic somewhere and would ask what I was doing there. We also made the girl swear the wouldn't tell anybody that we were there...

As soon as everybody who was going with us, was in a car we left. I was sitting in between Amy and Mandy, my sis. Am was admiring the ring while I put my hand on her thigh and looked at how cute it looked while she was admiring her ring.

"Let me see that ring of yours." Mandi said smiling when she saw Amy looking at her ring as well. Am stuck her arm out to my sister so she could see the ring. Mandy took her hand and brought is closer to her face to have a better look at it. But Am's arms wasn't long enough for that so she was half leaning on my lap, making us laugh.

"It's gorgeous, you did a good job man." Mandy said slapping my chest.

"Thanks." I said rubbing my chest lightly, cause she slapped me quite hard actually...

"Think about your little brother." Am said laughing when she saw me rubbing my chest.

"Aah, did I hurt you?" Mandy cooed me.

"No." I said, quickly dropping my hand in my lap. Making them laugh.

Not long after that we arrived at a club so we stepped out of the car and went inside. We went straight to the bar to have drink first before Am dragged me to the dance floor. We spent the rest of the night dancing and drinking and after a few hours the first ones started to leave. Mark went home because of Rina and the kids, Glen went home because of his son. The last ones that were left were Amy, my brother Ian and me. We stayed for a little longer until decided that it would be the best to go home as well. Ian went to his own house while me and Am went to our hotel. We were both pretty drunk so we stumbled out of the club to a taxi.

"Where to?" The taxi driver asked, while we were fastening our seat belts.

"Our hotel." I said, finally managing to fasten mine and tried to help Amy.

"And where it your hotel?" The driver asked chuckling.

"I have no idea." I said after thinking for a few seconds. Am -who had drank a little less than me but was still drunk- could think of the name of the hotel, so the driver started the engine. A while later we stopped again and he said that we were there. I handed him some money and said he could keep the change, not really caring about how much I gave him.

We had sobered up a little bit on our way to the hotel so we didn't need each other anymore to keep our balance. Even though it still wouldn't be a great idea to drive a car, not only because I don't have a license...

When we arrived at our floor I took the keycard out to let us in our room. I let Am in first and she walked over to the bed where she lay down on her back, her arms above her head. I walked in after her and took a bottle of water from the mini fridge to sober up a bit more. I filled two glasses and handed one to Amy who sat up again.

"Thanks." She said before bringing the glass to her lips. It was now 3AM, but we both didn't feel like going to sleep soon. So we spent the rest of the rest of the night talking.

It was now around 5.30 and we were both pretty sober again. We were sitting on the bed with our bach against the headboard. Me only wearing my boxers and Am was wearing one of my shirts. My hand was resting on her thigh while she rested her head on my shoulder.

"You really scared me when you said you wanted me to come on stage." She said chuckling.

"Did I?" I asked smirking.

"Yeah, I felt really awkward at first." She replied, looking up at me.

"Well I'm sorry then." I said, giving her thigh a light squeeze.

"It's okay though, I didn't see that coming at all." She said putting her head down again.

"Why not?" I asked.

"Don't know, I just didn't think of something like that. So the surprise couldn't be better." She said smiling. I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her closer to me.

"I love you." I said, resting my head on top of hers.

"I love you too." She replied. We talked for a little longer until we decided to go to sleep, it was around 6AM now. I laid down while Am needed to go to the toilet first. When she came out of the bathroom again she took my shirt off, leaving her in just her knickers and crawled in next to me.

"Is this even enough?" She asked raising her eyebrow.

"Not if I'd take my boxers off now." I said smirking.

"This is all you gonna get, O'Donoghue." She said laughing .

"Not that I keep you from taking your boxers off, of course." She added smirking, making me laugh. I took put duvet over us, so it was covering us properly. When we were talking we had our legs talked together underneath the duvet, so when I went to lay down it came just up to my hips.

Am shifted around for a little bit until she was lying comfortable. Snuggled into my chest while I rested my chin on top of her head. My hand rested on her lower back, the tips of my fingers reaching the waistband of her knickers while she had one hand on my back, in between my shoulder blades.

"Good night. Fiancée." I said smiling. I felt her smiling into my chest and kissed it lightly before the replied giggling,

"Actually, it's morning already."

"Well, good morning then, fiancée."