~Chapter 58~

Amy's pov:

We were home for two days now, and things started to get back to normal. Normal as in my normal, cause Dan's normal was performing every night. But now we were just home relaxing and enjoying my last days off, cause I had to go back to work tomorrow.

We made a start with planning things for the wedding, I think it's gonna be next year so the lads can finish the tour first. My mum was over the moon when I told her that we were gonna get married and she wanted to do everything to get there. Bless her. Danny and my dad admitted that my dad had given Dan permission to marry me and that that was why they were calling each other a few times. Even though I already assumed that. 

I woke up early and lay awake for a while, trying to get back to sleep. Dan was still sleeping peacefully beside me so I stared at him for a while as well. After a while I gave up on trying to get back to sleep so I decided to go for a run. I quickly changed before going downstairs, as I looked at the clock I saw that it was still 8AM. I put my shoes on and took my phone and earphones before I stepped out of the door. I breathed in the slightly chilly morning air and closed the door behind me before I started running. What I loved about that is that you can just forget everything for while, the only thing I'm thinking about is which way I'm gonna go and which song I'm gonna play.

It was Sunday morning, so there weren't many people out on the streets. Just a few other people having a run like me, people walking their dogs and the few people who have to work on Sundays. 

An hour later I ran back into our street. Once I'd reached our house I got inside and quickly took my shoes off. It was still silent so I assumed that Dan was still asleep, or at least in bed. I walked to the kitchen to get myself a glass of water before I'd have a shower. I was standing in the kitchen drinking my water while staring out of the window. I saw an old man walking past with his dog, I have no idea who it is, but I see him every day and every day he waves at me like we know each other. Just like every other day he looked in my direction and waved quickly before walking past. I always wave back to him, it became part of my daily routine. 

After I had drank something I walked back upstairs to have a shower. I carefully opened the door to our bedroom to get some fresh clothes but when I walked in I saw Danny lying awake.

"Hey." I said smiling at him.

"I missed you." He said pouting when I walked over to the wardrobe.

"I'm sorry." I said chuckling. 

"Can I get a cuddle?" He asked when I had taken some clothes out of the wardrobe and was about to walk to the bathroom.

"But I'm all sweaty." I replied, raising an eyebrow.

"I don't mind about that." He replied grinning. I was still standing in the door frame with my eyebrow raised slightly. Dan sat up a little bit with his head against the headboard and dragged the duvet down to his waist, revealing his irresistible body.

"Just one cuddle." He said grinning.

"Okay." I said giving in and dropped my clothes to the floor. I walked around to his side of the bed and before I could do anything he grabbed my wrist with one hand and wrapped his other arm around my waist, pulling me down on top of him. I shrieked at his sudden movements making his chuckle before he wrapped his arms around me again. Making sure I couldn't go anywhere. 

"Better." He said laughing when I shifted around on top of him until I was comfortable.

"Am, I really really love you, but you're quite smelly right now." He said teasing me. I rolled my eyes at him before I replied,

"You don't smell really nice either."

"Thanks." He said sarcastically.

"You're welcome." I replied smirking. 

"But, I have a good reason for it." I replied, putting my elbow on his chest so I could look him in the eye.

"And what's that then?" He asked, continuing to tease me.

"I just ran half a marathon." 

"Half a marathon?" He asked laughing.

"Okay well maybe not half a marathon. But I went for a  run." I replied giggling. 

"And I slept like a baby." He said, flexing his arm like it was a really hard thing he had done. I laughed at him and squeezed the muscles in his upper arm lightly.

"Maybe you should sleep more then, if that's how you train your muscles." I said, teasing him this time.

"What are you trying to say?" He asked, raising his eyebrow.

"Nothing." I said quickly, grinning at him.

"I got the impression you wanted to say me something." He tried again, a small smirk playing at his lips.

"No, I was just teasing you babe. You look amazing." I replied, kissing his lips lightly. 

"You too." He said when I pulled away, before pulling me down for another kiss. 

"I'm going for a shower, Mr Muscle." I said getting of him, making his pout again. I picked my clothes of the floor and walked into the bathroom. As soon as I closed the door behind me I took my clothes off and stepped in the shower. I washed my hair and body before stepping out again. I quickly dried myself and wrapped a towel around my hair before putting my clothes on again. 

I walked out of the bathroom to go downstairs to make us breakfast. When I walked past our bedroom I saw that Dan was getting out of bed as well. He was probably going to take a shower first which gave me the time to make us breakfast. 

Once I'd finished breakfast I put everything on the table and shouted for Dan,

"Danny!!" I shouted up the stairs and waited a few seconds for a reply. After a few seconds I still didn't hear anything from him so I decided to go just upstairs to tell him that breakfast was ready. First I went into our bedroom but he wasn't there so I walked to the bathroom. I opened the door and found him naked, standing in front of the mirror shaving his three day stubble. 

"Hey babe." He said looking in my direction.

"I came to tell you that breakfast is ready." I said walking into the bathroom to pick the used towels up for the washing machine. 

"Just give me two minutes." He replied, looking at me in the mirror.

"Okay." I replied and walked past him out of the bathroom. When I walked past him I squeezed his butt lightly before I walked out.

"I knew you couldn't resist this." He said smirking and I saw him mentioning his hand to his body before I closed the door. I laughed and walked back downstairs where I waited for Danny to come down. 

A few minutes later he came downstairs in his black sweatpants and a tight black t-shirt that hugged his chest perfectly. He had his hair in his usual quiff and smiled at me before sitting down opposite me. 

"It looks delicious." He said taking a bite from his toast. 

"Just like you then." I said giggling, making Dan smirk. I loved our little flirts like these, even though after all these years when Dan said something like that to me, it still made me blush. But, Danny is way better at it than I am... He's just an easy flirt, and I'm not really.

After breakfast Danny decided to clear everything up again and when I wanted to help him, he wouldn't let me. After a few times of trying to help him and him stopping me, I gave up and went to sit on the couch in the living room. On the coffee table was lying a magazine with a pic of Dan and me from Croke park on the cover, a pic where he was down on one knee with a small box in his hand. Jess had found it in a shop the day after Dan's proposal and bought if for us. Even though I had read the article for a thousand times already, it made me smile every time. Thank god the press have never really written bad things about me, not when we just started dating not the other times they wrote an article about us and this time neither. I hope that it stays that way, cause I don't really fancy some bullshit about me in the magazines...

I picked the magazine up again and looked at the picture of us on the front, before opening it and looked at the pictures they had put next to the article. I couldn't stop myself from smiling every time I looked at it.