~Chapter 108~

Danny's pov:

I was just about to drop off to sleep once again when I heard the bedroom door open and Ava's light footsteps padding over to the bed. I opened my eyes just in time to see her climbing onto the bed before crawling over to me. She was still wearing her Frozen pyjamas and I chuckled at the sight of her messy hair.

"Daddy!" She squealed, cuddling into me.

"Good morning baby." I said wrapping my not-broken arm around her.

"Shall we go to the park today?" She asked excitedly.

"I'm afraid that I can't, but why don't you ask mummy?" I replied, stroking my hand over her messy hair. She pouted -a thing she'd definitely learned from me- before nodding at the thought of going to the park with Am.

"Mummy?" Ava asked sitting up in bed when Am came walking in, a cup of tea in one hand and a plate with toast in the other.

"Yes sweetheart?" She replied.

"Daddy said that we're going to the park today!"

"Oh did he?" Am asked, raising an eyebrow at me.

"No, I said I couldn't so I said that maybe she should ask you." I said defending myself.

"Please?!" Ava said trying the puppy dog eyes -another thing she'd learned from me...

"Okay." Am said nodding.

"Yay!" Ava said jumping off the bed and running off to her room.

"I brought you breakfast." Am said, putting the mug and the plate down on my bedside table. She helped me up, so I was able to eat my toast and drink my tea before she handed me my plate.

"Thanks." I said before taking a bite.

"Are you sure you'll be OK on your own if I take Ava to the park?" She asked sitting down on the edge of the bed.

"I'll be fine." I said trying to reassure her.

"Shall I take Liz with me as well?" She asked coming over so she was sitting next to me.

"I think that's the best..." I replied, doubting if I could make my way to Liz on my own if I'd have to.

"Alright." Am said nodding. She placed her hand on my thigh and started tracing patterns with her index finger. We sat like this for a few minutes until Ava came running into the room again.

"Are we going mummy?"

"If you go and get dressed..." Am replied chuckling. Without saying anything Ava ran off to her room again with Am following behind this time. 

"Daddy kiss!" Ava said when she came back into the bedroom a few minutes later, dressed. She climbed onto the bed and kissed me on my cheek before she ran downstairs.

"Have fun." I said to Am who took a pair of sneakers out of the wardrobe.

"Thank you." She said and leaned down to kiss me on my lips before she followed Ava downstairs. A few moments later I heard the front door open and shut. I rested my gypsum covered arm on my chest while I brought the duvet up to my shoulders with my other hand.

I felt another headache coming up but I wouldn't be able to make it downstairs to the kitchen for some painkillers before going back up to the bedroom on my own, so I decided to sleep it off.  I closed my eyes and let my head fall back into the soft pillow.

I was almost falling asleep when a huge wave of nausea hit me. I remembered that Am had told me last night that she'd put a bucket on my side of the bed in case I had to throw up. I started to roll onto my side but before I could think of the fastest way to get to the bucket it was already too late. I coughed violently while throwing my breakfast up again.

Once I was finally gone throwing up, the headache had gone from just an annoying little headache to unbearable pounding. 

I reached over and took my phone from the bedside table. I unlocked it and even though I didn't want to bother Am cause she was having fun with Ava and Liz, I knew I had to because I didn't really have any other choice. I pressed the call button before bringing my phone to my ear. It rang for a few minutes before going to voicemail. I hung up before trying again, and while I lay on my back waiting for Am to pick up, I heard her phone ringing downstairs. Fuck. I hung up again, since there was no sense in calling her because she'd forgotten to take her phone with her. 

I scrolled though my contacts until I found Glen's number and called him. It didn't take long until he picked up.

"Hey Dan, you alright?" He asked.

"Hey, could you come over...?"

"Is everything OK?" He asked, sounding concerned.

"Well... I threw up and Am's gone to the park with Ava and Liz and forgot her phone..." I replied, feeling a little embarrassed. 

"I'm on my way." He said before hanging up. I put my phone down on the bedside table again before trying to shift over to the other side of the bed so I didn't have to lie right next to my own vomit. 

Half an hour later I heard a car pull up outside and seconds later I heard the rustling of keys. I heard his footsteps coming up the stairs before the bedroom door opened and Glen walked in in his Adidas sweatpants and leather jacket. 

"I'm sorry, traffic was really bad..." He said apologizing, before he asked where the cleaning products were kept. After I'd told him he left the bedroom again before entering a few minutes later with all kind of cleaning products, some I didn't even now we had...

"I'm sorry..." I said, feeling slightly humiliated that I had to call him to help me out and clean up my vomit cause I can't even get out of bed on my own.

"It's alright." He replied flashing me a quick smile before continuing with what he was doing. 

Another twenty minutes later I heard the front door open again and I heard Am, Ava and Liz coming back. It didn't take long until I heard Am's footsteps coming up the stairs.

"I'm ba- what happened?" She said cutting herself off mid-sentence.

"Dan threw up and called me, telling me you'd forgotten your phone." Glen explained.

"Shit, I'm really sorry." She replied before kneeling down to help Glen. 

"I'm sorry I forgot my phone." Am said sitting next to me on the edge of the bed once they'd cleaned the mess.

"You didn't do it on purpose." I said, taking her hand in mine. She squeezed my hand softly and flashed me a small smile. 

"Can I get a shower?" I asked Am, feeling gross.

"Yes, of course." She said standing up.

"I'll go downstairs and look after Ava and Liz." Glen said before leaving the bedroom. 

Am helped me out of bed before we slowly made our way to the bathroom. She placed a towel on the floor in the shower so I wouldn't slip before she turned the shower on. She helped me out of my boxers before she took her own clothes off, which surprised me slightly.

"You didn't think I'd let you stand there on your own, did you?" She asked, like she was reading my mind. I shrugged slightly before Am helped me into the shower. She washed my hair for me while I held myself up by holding onto her shoulders.

Ten minutes later, we were finished so Am turned the shower off again and wrapped a towel around her body before getting another one and started to dry me off. 

"I forgot your boxers..." She said once she was finished.

"I'll put them on in the bedroom." I replied shrugging. She nodded and started helping me back to the bedroom, where she helped me into my boxers. She quickly put the fresh bedsheets on the bed and helped me to lie down. She sat on the edge of the bed and stroked through my towel dry hair until I felt myself dropping off to sleep again.