~Chapter 140~

Danny's pov:

We were laying in bed together, me spooning Am with my arms tightly wrapped around her. My hand was running softly over her side while we lay in comfortable silence.

"Dan?" Amy eventually said, breaking the silence.

"Hmm?" I answered.

"Don't hurt me again." She said and turned around so she was facing me.

"I won't. I promise." I answered, my eyes meeting hers.

"Don't promise it. Just don't do it anymore." She said as she brushed my hair off my forehead. I nodded in reply before leaning forward and capturing her lips with my own.

Once we pulled away Am snuggled into my chest before we both dropped off to sleep.

***

When I woke up the next day I found that I was alone in bed. I threw the covers back before I sat up and went downstairs. As I walked into the kitchen I found Am standing with her back to me, wearing one of my t-shirts, showing off her long legs. I walked up to her and wrapped my arms around her from behind, pulling her into me.

"Morning." I muttered in her ear as I rested my head on her shoulder.

"Good morning." She said and turned her head to the side, kissing my cheek.

"Can I help you?" I asked as I noticed she was making breakfast.

"No, but maybe you could tidy the living room." She said as she popped some bread in the toaster.

"Alright." I said and pressed a wet kiss on the back of her neck before letting go of her.

I walked back to the living room where I found the remains of last night. There were burnt out candles everywhere and I picked them all up and threw them into the bin. Then I carefully gathered all the roses and put them into a vase placing it on the coffee table. Lastly, I picked up our clothes that we'd taken off each other last night on our way to the bedroom and dropped them into the laundry basket.

Just as I walked down the stairs again I heard Am calling that breakfast was ready.

I took a seat opposite her while she carried our teas to the table. As we were eating breakfast we decided that we'd move my things back. Well, my things... The leftover furniture of Mark, Glen, Rachel and Jessica.

We got dressed after breakfast and got in the car after I'd called Mark to ask if he could look after Ava and Liz for a few hours longer. He agreed and asked if he needed to help as well, but I declined his offer seeing as there isn't that much to move.

"Have you still had contact with Katy?" Am asked suddenly as we were driving.

"No?" I asked slightly surprised that she asked this.

"How did it end then?" She asked obviously wanting to know how it all happened.

"Mark interrupted things when we were in my hotel room." I told her. She stayed silent waiting for me to go on so I continued.

"As I heard knocking on the door I hid her in the bathroom before opening the door. I was wearing only a dressing gown and Mark noticed the lipsticks stains on my chest and then he noticed her heels on the floor. Mark pushed his way into my room and soon enough realized she was in the bathroom, he opened the door and told her to go and not come back." I explained.

"And this was after her texts?" She asked without taking her eyes off the road. I nodded in reply, knowing she'd see it out of the corner of her eye.

"Then why-"

"I asked her to come over so I could tell her that things had to end." I interrupted, knowing what she was going to ask.

"But...?"

"But she came with other ideas and was wearing nothing but lingerie when she took her coat off." I told her as I looked straight ahead of me so I couldn't meet her eyes.

We sat in silence for a while until Am asked,

"Was she good?"

"At what?" I asked, not sure if we were thinking about the same thing.

"You know what I mean." She replied, letting me know that we were thinking the same.

"I don't know." I replied shrugging.

"You don't know?" She repeated, sounding confused.

"We never did it."

"But then what did you do?"

"We kissed, dry humped, slept next to each other and she gave me a blowjob." I told her feeling ashamed.

She didn't say anything and I didn't know what she was thinking, which scared me.

"Are you mad?" I asked carefully.

"No..."

"Not?" I asked surprised.

"Okay, maybe a bit. But I've forgiven you and taken you back, so there's no point in being mad anymore." She explained.

"I love you."

"Yeah you better do." She replied chuckling, while turning off the engine as we arrived at the apartment block.

We got out of the car and I wrapped my arm around her waist as we walked inside.

"She didn't have shit on you babe." I told her.

"Good."

"Now let's shut up and forget about her cause she's not worth it." She added.

To say I was relieved when I heard Am say that was an understatement. She could've easily made this so much harder on me which she didn't, even after I'd told her the details.

I took out my keys and opened the door, letting Am in first. She wandered around for a few moments while I retrieved the few boxes in which I'd moved the things here in the first place.

"Have you been sleeping in that for all that time?" I heard Am call from the bedroom. I walked in to find her looking at an old single bed.

"Yeah." I replied, thinking back to all the nights I woke up from the bed creaking every time I turned.

"I'm sorry." Am said guiltily.

"Don't be. It was my decision to get out of the hotel and move here instead." I replied and pressed a kiss against the top of her head, not wanting her to feel guilty.

She turned her head so my lips were on hers instead of on the top of her head. As the kiss got more heated I pushed Am down on the single bed and hovered over her, smirking against her lips as I heard the same creaking sound again.

After a few minutes Am pulled away,

"Right, let's get to work."

I nodded in reply before lifting my body off hers and getting off the bed.