~Chapter 158~

Amy's pov:

I woke up from Danny tossing and turning next to me. After a few moments I felt him shift closer to me before he placed his hand on my bump, rubbing it softly.

"Can you just lie still for a moment?" I asked chuckling while opening one eye as Danny shifted once again.

"I can't help it, I'm just excited." He replied grinning. 

We are having another scan today and are going to find out the gender of our baby. Danny came home from touring last night so he could be with me for the scan.

"I know you are." I replied smiling. He smiled as well before slipping his hand underneath my shirt and placing it on my bare stomach. 

"I really love you." He said before leaning in and pressing a soft kiss against my lips.

"I'm glad." I replied smirking when he pulled away.

"No seriously. You are amazing, you've already given me two beautiful daughters and now we're getting another baby." He replied with a smile on his face. 

"Well I didn't exactly give them to you cause you participated in making them and they're not only your daughters but also mine." I replied chuckling.

"You get what I mean though." He replied before kissing me again.

"Hmm I do." I mumbled in the kiss. 

We lay in bed for a little longer until we decided to get up. Dan held out his hand for me and pulled me out of bed before guiding me to the bathroom. He turned the shower on before he took my T-shirt off and pulled me into the shower. I watched him as he kneeled down and placed soft kisses on my bump, his hands resting on my hips. I smiled and ran my hands through his wet hair. I grabbed the shampoo and started rubbing it into his hair. He glanced up at me and shot me a smile before he went back to kissing my bump.

Once we were showered we both dried ourselves before getting dressed. 

I walked downstairs into the kitchen where I found Dan standing in the kitchen making breakfast  while Ava and Liz were helping him. 

"Breakfast is almost ready." He said when he noticed me. 

"Is there anything I can do?" I asked while Dan handed Ava the cutlery to bring to the table.

"Not really." He replied shrugging before carrying two tea mugs to the table. 

A few moments later we were sitting at the table eating our breakfast.

While I was sipping my tea, Dan was telling the girls that they would spend the day at Mark's cause Mummy and Daddy had to go somewhere.  Ava was really excited about the prospect of playing with Lila and Liz didn't seem to mind either. 

Once we finished breakfast I cleared the table and put everything in the dishwasher while Dan took Ava and Liz upstairs to get dressed. Just as I put the last plate in the dishwasher I felt Dan's hands on my hips.

"Ready?" He asked wrapping his arms around my waist as I stood up straight again.

"Yup." I replied before moving out of Dan's arms to get my shoes. 

After we'd dropped Ava and Liz at Mark's we made our way to the hospital. As we sat in the waiting room Dan was playing with his fingers, barely being able to control his excitement. I smiled at him before pulling him closer and pressing a lingering kiss on his lips. Just as I pulled away my name was being called.

Dan immediately jumped up from his chair and took my hand in his as we followed the midwife. I lay down and lifted my shirt before the cold gel was being squirted on my stomach. Dan was still holding my hand while we were looking at the screen where the image of our baby appeared while a steady sounding heartbeat filled the room.