~Chapter 164~

Danny's pov:

I just came back from walking Lola and let her off her lead once we were inside. As I kicked my shoes off, I heard the shower running upstairs.

I climbed the stairs and opened the door to Ava's bedroom to check on her first. I silently walked over to her bed and looked down at my sleeping little girl. I smiled at the sight of her before I leaned down and pressed a soft kiss on her cheek. I then stood up again and left her room, checking on Liz who was also asleep.

Just as I walked into the bathroom, the shower was being shut off before the glass door opened and Am walked out.

"Hey there beautiful girl." I said grinning and grabbed a towel, handing it to her. She giggled and wrapped the towel around her body. I sat down on the closed toilet seat before I tugged Am onto my lap and wrapped my arms around her.

"I love you." I said before I pressed several soft kisses on her shoulder.

"I love you too." She replied while I felt her hand running through my hair.

I lifted my head and leaned in until our lips touched each other. I pecked her lips a few times before deepening the kiss, our tongues getting involved. I wrapped my arms even tighter around her, pulling her into my body while our tongues danced together, my teeth grazing her lips slightly.

Am eventually pulled away to catch her breath, while I moved my kisses over her jaw down her neck. She threw her head back to give me better access while I let my teeth sink into her soft skin, causing a soft moan to escape her throat.

I kissed her for a little longer until I pulled away, knowing I wouldn't be able to stop myself if I didn't stop now. Am smiled at me before getting up from my lap and dried herself.

"Dan?" She asked as she pulled her underwear on.

"Yeah?" I answered, looking up at her.

"Did you see that look Glen and Rachel exchanged earlier today?" She asked.

"I did." I replied nodding.

"Do you know something?" She asked as she rubbed her hair dry.

"No. I'm just as clueless as you babe." I replied, although I did wonder what it was. Just like Am.

"It's just... My first thought was that Rachel would be pregnant. But they didn't look overly happy when they looked at each other. More worried, if you'd ask me..." She said while brushing her hair.

I thought back to that moment earlier today and realized that Am was right; there was nothing too happy or excited in the glance they shot each other.

"I'll ask him about it tomorrow." I said as I stood up and followed Am to the bedroom. Am got dressed into one of my shirts and crawled into bed while I took my clothes off before joining her.

"You think something is wrong?" She asked while she cuddled up to me.

"With Glen and Rachel, you mean?" I asked before I felt her nod.

"I don't know. But don't worry babe, I'm sure everything will be fine." I said and pressed a kiss against the top of her head.

---

I arrived at the studio where we would discuss the setlist for the festival season and as I walked in I realized I was the last one to arrive- as usual.

"Hey man." Mark said once he noticed me. Everyone quickly congratulated me with the birth of our son before we decided to get to work.

It was tough trying to put a setlist together, seeing as we have even less time to play than we do with our own shows. Yet there were so many songs we wanted to perform. But we eventually agreed on a setlist and decided to do some rehearsing as well.

It was around 4PM when we decided to call it a day. I was just gathering my things when Glen offered me a ride home. I quickly agreed, thankful for him to drive me home and seeing this as an opportunity to ask him about yesterday, seeing as I hadn't had the chance to do that yet. Guessing it wouldn't be right to ask when everyone else was around as well...

I got in on the passenger side and fastened my seatbelt while Glen started the engine.

"Are you and Rachel alright?" I asked, not sure how I should start.

"Yeah? Why wouldn't we be?" He asked surprised as he looked at me before focusing back on the road.

"Well... When Rachel was holding Jamie yesterday and Am said this thing about you two having a baby you two shot each other this glance and it looked a little worried. So we were wondering if everything was alright." I explained to him.

I heard Glen sigh and saw him chewing on his bottom lip as he thought about what I just told him.

"You remember when we were on tour and I told you I'd like to have a baby with Rachel?" He asked, keeping his eyes focused on the road.

"Yeah." I replied nodding.

"Well as you advised me, I talked about it with Rachel and we eventually agreed to try for a baby. And believe me, we tried. But nothing happened so we went to see a doctor because Rachel was worried and then we got told that she might not be able to get pregnant..."

"I'm sorry." I said, not knowing what to say to this. And not even being able to imagine how sad they must feel to hear this news.

"And what are you two going to do now?" I asked as we stopped at a red traffic light.

"The doctor said she might not be able to get pregnant. So if it won't work this way, there are other options... But for now we'll just keep trying I guess." He replied shrugging his shoulders.

I nodded my head slowly, admiring Glen's positivity when he said that there are still other options. But also understanding he'd rather do it the 'normal' way, and keep trying for a little longer.