~Chapter 180~

Danny's pov:

I woke up from Am trying to untangle herself from my limps that I'd wrapped around her during the night. Once she'd released herself I felt her get out of bed and heard her footsteps leave our bedroom. I opened my eyes and rolled onto my back, staring up at the ceiling as I heard the shower being turned on in the bathroom. 

I lay listening to the soothing sound of running water for a few moments until I decided to get up as well. I threw the covers back and got out of bed following Am to the bathroom. As I walked in I found her standing with her back to me as she rinsed the shampoo out of her hair. 

I opened the glass door and got in as well, placing my hands on her bare waist.

"Morning babe." I whispered in her ear before placing a kiss behind her ear. She turned around in my arms and looked up at me with a small smile playing on her lips.

"Morning." She answered before leaning up to kiss me. I smirked into the kiss and wrapped my arms around her body, pulling her into mine. I felt her hands roam over my back before she placed her hands on my shoulders.

"What are you doing up this early?" I mumbled into the kiss. 

"I couldn't sleep. What about you?" She answered while I moved to kiss across her shoulder.

"You woke me up." I said simply and continued to kiss her.

"Well I'm sorry." She said chuckling. 

"I'm sure you'll find a way to make it up to me." I said smirking before shutting the water off and lifting Am into my arms before carrying her back to our bedroom.

I placed her on her back on her bed and hovered over her, supporting my own weight on my elbows.

"What do you think you're doing?" She asked as I traced my fingers up the inside of her thigh. I knew she was trying to pretend I was having to effect on her, but she way she arched her back slightly and bit her bottom lip suggested otherwise.

"I thought you should know by now. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.." I said and hitched her leg up over my own. I continued to trace my fingers along the inside of her thigh for a little longer. But just before I decided to take my teasing a bit further the bedroom door opened and Ava walked in.

I quickly rolled off of Amy and covered us both with the duvet.

"Morning sunshine." I said as Ava climbed onto the bed and settled between us.

"Good morning Daddy!" She answered while laying down.

"Mummy and Daddy were just discussing your birthday present..." I said teasingly.

"Can I have a horse please?" She asked, her eyes big as she looked up at me.

"Well I was thinking a unicorn, but a horse it is then!" I answered chuckling.

"Really!?" She squealed, excitement written all over her face.

"Only if Mummy agrees as well." I said smirking. 

Am glared at me as she realized the position I'd just put her in, making me laugh.

"We'll see baby." Am said to Ava while still glaring at me.

"But Daddy already agreed." Ava tried to reason with her mum.

"I'll talk to Daddy about it, OK?"

"Okay..." Ava said, agreeing reluctantly before going off to play.

"You can go and tell her she's not getting a horse." Am said to me once Ava had left our bedroom.

"Thing is, apparently I have already agreed." I said grinning.

"You're horrible." She said raising her eyebrows before sitting up to get out of bed.

"No, we were right in the middle of something, remember?" I said wiggling my eyebrows as I wrapped my arm around her waist to stop her from getting up.

"Yes, I believe you were in the middle of thinking how to tell your daughter she can't have a horse." She answered with a wink before getting up anyway.

I watched her as she pulled on her underwear and one of my T-shirts before going downstairs. After checking my phone and replying to some emails I got out of bed as well. I pulled on a pair of boxers and went downstairs where I found Am in the kitchen making coffee.

"Can you make me one as well, please?" I asked while getting plates out to make breakfast.

"And why would I do that?" She asked, pretending to still be annoyed with me.

"Because I'm very sorry and I love you." I said before pecking her lips.

"You're lucky I love you too I guess." She said before pulling out a second cup to make me coffee as well.

"I know I am." I said and pressed a quick kiss on the back of her neck before making us both breakfast.

"Seriously though, what are we going to get for Ava's birthday?" Am asked as she placed our coffees on the table.

"I heard she's not getting a horse." I said only to be answered by one of Am's deadly glares.

"You can be so damn annoying sometimes, do you know that?" She said with both eyebrows raised.

"I have been told so before. But I'll think of an epic birthday present for Ava to make it up to you, don't worry." I said winking as I sat down opposite her.

"They grow up so fast..." Am said as she looked outside into the garden where Ava was playing with Lola.

"Yeah..." I said a small smile tugging at the corners of my mouth. Am stood up and walked around the table before sitting down on my lap, her arm around my neck.

"Look at how far we've come. Married and our own beautiful little family." She said smiling.

"We have the most beautiful kids in the world." I said agreeing with her.

"And I have the most beautiful wife in the world." I added grinning before kissing her cheek.

"And I have the cheesiest husband in the world." She said chuckling before wrapping both arms around my neck and resting her head against mine.