~Chapter 173~

Danny's pov:

It's been almost a week since we came home from France and things are already going better than when we just arrived home. Liz still doesn't like showering but apart from that she's pretty much herself again. 

Since our little holiday didn't go exactly as planned and wasn't really a holiday the girls decided they wanted to sleep in a tent in the back garden.

It was a really hot day and I was setting up their tent while the sun was burning down on me. 

"I found the air mattresses." Am said as she walked into the garden carrying two air mattresses in her arms

"I just finished the tent." I told her as I took a step back.

"Good. Now you can inflate these." She said winking before dropping the mattresses at my feet.

"And why do I have to do that?" I asked raising my eyebrow.

"Because you're a singer, you got great lungs." She said and placed her hand on my chest, causing my T-shirt to stick to my chest with sweat.

"But I also found a foot pump if you prefer that." She added giggling.

"Hilarious." I said rolling my eyes before folding one of the air mattresses out on the grass.

Half an hour later, both mattresses were inflated and my clothes were sticking to my body. I quickly placed them in the tent but as I went to stand up I felt something cold in my neck. I quickly turned around and found Am standing behind me with a cold beer bottle in her hand.

"Thought you deserved one of these." She told me as she handed me the bottle.

"Thanks babe." I said and pecked her lips before taking a swig from the bottle.

I placed my bottle down for a second before peeling my now wet T-shirt from my body and hanging it over one of the lounge chairs to dry.

"Don't know why you didn't think of that before." Am said biting her lip as her eyes roamed my body.

I shook my head before grabbing my beer bottle and lying down in the grass underneath the tree so I had some shadow. The cold grass felt amazing against my hot back. After a few minutes I sensed movement next to me and when I opened my eyes I found Am sitting down next to me with a glass of wine in her hand.

"Dinner will be ready in twenty minutes." I said as she lay propped up on her elbow.

"I love you." I told her while grabbing her hand and entwining our fingers.

"Why? Because I cook you food?" She asked raising her eyebrows.

"No. Well, I do like that... But even if you wouldn't make me food I'd still love you." I said chuckling.

"And I thought I'd tell you because I love you and you're beautiful." I said and pushed a strand of her hair behind her ear.

She smiled at me before leaning down and kissing my lips softly.

"I love you too." She said pulling away slightly, her lips brushing against mine as she said those words.

I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her into me so she was lying with her head on my chest. We lay like that for a while until Am eventually wriggled out of my arms.

"I think dinner's ready." She said and pecked my lips quickly before standing up and walking inside. 

I remained lying on the grass for a short moment longer until I got up and followed Am inside.

-

It was 11PM and I decided to check on the girls one last time before I'd go up to Am. I walked into the garden to their tent and carefully zipped it open so I wouldn't wake them. I poked my head inside and was met by the sight of my two sleeping daughters. I smiled to myself before I zipped the tent shut again and stood up. I walked back inside and left the backdoor unlocked in case either Ava or Liz needed to get in tonight.