~Chapter 21~

Amy's pov:

We're already five days back in London since we've been to Amsterdam and everything is back to normal. My mom and I have been calling each other every days and she sounded good so I don't worry too  much about her. Alice is staying with her at her house for a while to help her until she can do it all on her own.

I was driving back home from work, I had a night shift so it was still early. The downside of night shifts is now when I get back to Danny's that he's just heading out to the voice and when he comes back late that night I have to go back to work again, so it's not ideal. But I don't have night shifts that often, so we just have to manage it now for a few days.

I arrived back home and walked in, expecting to see Danny coming into the hall to go to the studios like the past days. But there came nobody so I just took my jacket and shoes of and walked into the living room where I found Danny sitting on the couch in just his boxers and a mug of tea.

"Aren't you supposed to go to the studios?" I asked confused, waking to the kitchen to make myself a cup of tea as well.

"No, Jessie called in ill this morning to the rehearsals are cancelled today." I explained when I sat down next to him on the couch.

"How was work?" He asked shuffling closer to me.

"Just the normal." I replied putting my head on his chest.

"Tired?" He asked smiling and stroked through my hair.

"Yeah..." I replied closing my eyes for a second.

"Maybe you should go to bed then?" He said when he realized that I could fall asleep any second now.

"But I want to be with you, we've both been working the past few days." I said with my eyes still closed.

"Then I'll join you in bed, it's still early." He said and before I could reply he lifted me up and walked upstairs with me in his arms. Once we were in the bedroom I took my work clothes of and put one of Dan's t-shirts on. Danny was already lying in the bed again and I quickly got in next to him, snuggling up to his chest. He continued stroking through my hair like he did when we sat on the couch and soon enough my eyes grew heavy and I fell asleep.

***

I woke up again and weird enough I wasn't feeling tired anymore, even tough I slept for a few hours after working all night. I looked up to see a sleeping Danny. His hair was all messy and his mouth was slightly open, he looked really cute. I continued watching him for a while until I reached with my hand up and started tracing he laugh lines next to his eyes with my finger. He began to stir and seconds later he opened his eyes, he looked down at me and flashed me a small smile.

"Hello sleeping beauty." I giggled, placing a kiss against his chest. He mumbled something in reply and wrapped his arms around me.

"Slept well?" He asked after a few moments, sounding more awake this time.

"Yup, now I was with you again." I said smiling up to him.

"Cheesy." He said rolling his eyes and laughed at me.

"But it's true, I slept amazing. I'm full of energy, I could run a marathon right now!" I said sitting up.

"Yeah, right." He replied laughing. I lay back down next to him with my head on his chest.

"What do you want to do today?" I asked tracing patterns on his stomach with my finger.

"I wanted to take you out tonight, but I guess that we have to do that another night." He replied, his hand running up and down my side.

"Yeah, sorry." 

"That's okay, it's your job. You know, saving lives." He smiled placing a kiss on the top of my head.

"What do you want to do today?" He asked, tickling my side lightly, causing me to squirm. 

"I don't know. Just spending my day with my handsome boyfriend." I said smirking while I looked up at him.

"Sounds great." He said happily and threw the covers of the bed before getting out. I got out as well and went to the bathroom to have a shower. Danny followed me to the bathroom and I knew what he was going to do but I just pretended like I didn't know.

"Can you leave? I need to have a shower." I said, hoping that I sounded serious.

"Why? It's not like I haven't seen you naked before..." He said and his face dropped when he realized that his plan had failed. 

"I'm joking babe, I just wanted to see your face." I said still laughing at his expression.

"You're so mean!" He replied laughing and turned the shower on. I took Dan's shirt and my knickers of and stepped in the shower, closely followed by Danny. We had a long shower together with a lot of stolen kisses. Once we were done I wrapped a towel around my hair and got dressed again.

"Let's watch a movie." Dan suggested while putting on a fresh pair of boxers.

"All right." I smiled and started to blow dry my hair. I was sitting on our bed while I was doing that but suddenly Dan came to sit behind me and took the hairdryer out of my hands and continued drying my hair. I loved it when someone was doing something with my hair, it just felt so nice and Danny knew that so he took this opportunity. I saw in the mirror how Danny was sitting behind me and was focused on my hair. I smiled to myself at how cute he looked right now. No, he's always cute, but he's even cuter now.

"Done!" He said proudly when my hair was dry and he turned the hairdryer of again.

"Thanks." I said and gave him a light kiss. We went downstairs together to watch a movie. I was trying to decide on a film when Dan was getting all kind of snacks that he could find in his cupboards. He had everything from chocolate to popcorn.

"Do you already have a movie?" He asked when he was getting all the snacks to the living room.

"No, I can't decide." I said sighing while still looking through all the films.

"Let's watch fifty shades of grey." He said laughing and walked back to the kitchen to get our drinks. I rolled my eyes at him and continued looking for a nice film. In the end I decided on 'the notebook' and snuggled up to Danny on the couch when I pressed play. We were both watching the film while feeding each other popcorn.

"I love you." He said suddenly and wrapped his arms around me even tighter.

"I love you too." I replied and kissed him on his soft lips.