Please Wake Up (Prince x Anxiety)

Angst, sooo much angst. This is also an au, which is pretty obvious. Warnings: hospitals and car accidents

Hit by a car.

That's what had happened to him. The asshole didn't even stop to see if he was okay, just kept on driving. Now, Roman was in the hospital, in a coma that he wasn't expected to wake up from.

Virgil wasn't even allowed to go see him. Visitation was restricted to family only, and Virgil wasn't family. He was just a close friend. It was torture, not being able to see him or even really know what was going to happen. He knew it wasn't looking good, but that was it. He didn't hear anything else.

However, when he finally did hear something he almost wished he hadn't. Immediately after receiving the news his stomach dropped, tears welling up in his eyes. He couldn't believe it. He just couldn't accept it.

They planned to take him off of life support.

Virgil didn't know what to do. All he knew was that he had to see him. He had to.

That was how he ended up here, sitting beside Roman and gripping tightly onto his hand. His vision was blurred with tears, but at this point that wasn't unusual. The door to his room had been barricaded, Virgil knowing that they would take him away from Roman if anyone got it. He couldn't leave him. He couldn't handle living without him.

"Roman... I..." Virgil spoke, voice breaking. "I don't know what to do without you... please, w-wake up..."

Sobs shook his body as he gripped Roman's hand tighter, continuing to talk to him, begging him to wake up.

"You have to wake up, Roman. If you don't, then you'll die and I-I'll-" he broke off with another sob, leaning against the hospital bed. "I'll never g-get to tell you that I love you!" The room fell silent, other than the sniffles and sobs that escaped Virgil every once in a while. The tears refused to stop.

A while later, after Virgil had sat next to Roman, crying and occasionally begging him to wake up, there was a sound behind him. Someone trying to open the door. He heard them say something, sounding confused, and then they were banging on the door and shouting to be let in.

Virgil's eyes went wide, and he quickly turned back to Roman to throw his arms around him, screaming for him to wake up. It didn't take long for them to get through the door. He felt two pairs of arms wrap around him to pull him back, heard voices yelling at him, but he clung to Roman and ignored them all. He could barely hear the sound of his own screaming as he focused only on Roman, begging him again and again to 'just wake up!'.

Eventually they got him off of Roman, and they were dragging him away but Virgil didn't give up. He kicked, and screamed, and even tried to hit one of the people holding him, anything it took to get back to Roman. As he was being dragged out he saw a doctor go in, and knew exactly what was happening. He screamed louder, fought harder, but it was all in vain.

Even when he knew it was over, knew there was nothing he could do and that Roman was gone he screamed and fought them. Only when he couldn't physically move did he stop kicking and punching, sliding to the floor, and only when his throat burned did he stop screaming. He curled into a ball, hugging himself tight and crying, still not paying any attention to anyone who tried to talk to him.

He was gone. Roman was gone.

He would never wake up, and Virgil would never be able to tell him that he loved him.