Nail Designs (No Ship)

I was trying to get some sleep, but that's not working out so here's a oneshot, yay

Virgil was really good at painting his nails. Of course, no one else really knew this about him. He didn't think it was necessary to tell them, and he usually took the paint off pretty quickly afterwards anyways. He wasn't confident enough to leave it on, thinking that it might not look as good as he thought.

Still, he enjoyed doing it, so every once in a while he would get out his nail polish and start painting. He had even taught himself how to do some designs, which was really difficult. It was such a tiny space to work on, and sometimes his hands shook and he messed it up, but sometimes he actually ended up proud of what he had done.

Today, Virgil had been painting his nails as he did in his room. He was attempting a Nightmare Before Christmas design, painting his nails black and then adding white over that after it had dried for Jack Skellington's head.

As he had finished up with the design, putting the nail polish back up, his surroundings suddenly changed. He found himself in Thomas' living room rather than his bedroom, frowning and looking around in confusion. He stuffed his hands in his pockets to hide the nail polish, finding everyone looking over at him. As he was about to ask why he was summoned, Roman spoke up.

"What was that on your hand?" He asked suddenly, pointing to Virgil's hands that he was hiding. Virgil's face flushed.

"It's nothing." He snapped defensively, Roman taking a step back and holding his hands up in surrender, huffing.

"No need to be so defensive, it was only a question." Roman raised an eyebrow at him, still not giving up. "It's obvious you're hiding something, though. What is it?"

"None of your business." Virgil grumbled, glaring at Roman.

"Now, now, Virgil!" Patton jumped in. "Don't be rude. I think we're all curious about what Roman's talking about." Logan and Thomas nodded in agreement, and Virgil sighed.

"Alright, fine," he mumbled, taking his hands out of his pockets and holding them out for everyone to see. "It's just nail polish. Can you all back off now?"

Virgil frowned as no one said anything for a minute, all of them focused on his nails. They looked surprised, and Virgil started to become uncomfortable under their gazes. Patton was the one to break the silence, an excited squeal coming from him.

"Virgil that looks amazing! You did that yourself? You're so good at it!" Patton gushed, taking a few steps forward and holding one of Virgil's hands, still looking it over. Suddenly Patton gasped, startling Virgil. "Can you do my nails?"

"Uh... yeah, sure, I guess." He muttered, surprised at his question.

"Actually, would you mind doing mine as well?" Logan questioned. This definitely surprised Virgil-Logan wanted his nails done? "I've... seen some really nice looking space designs for nails online, and I was wondering if you could do that." He explained himself, seeming embarrassed. Virgil offered him a small smile, telling him he would try his best.

"I bet I can do my nails better than yours!" Roman challenged, grinning over at Virgil. Virgil rolled his eyes, his own grin forming as he accepted his challenge. The four of them agreed to finish helping out with whatever Thomas needed, and then they would all sink down together.

After they sunk down, Patton, Logan, and Roman all went to an area inside the mind where they could all hang out without being affected by the different rooms. Virgil sunk down into his room first, getting his nail polish before meeting them all.

He started working on Patton's nails first. Roman was attempting to paint the same design that Virgil had onto his own nails, Logan watching in amusement as Roman got nail polish all over his fingers. He wasn't even halfway done before Virgil had finished doing Patton's nails(which he had painted a light blue with little hearts), moving on to do Logan's as Patton happily examined his.

It took him a little longer to do Logan's, since the space design he went with was complicated and had lots of really tiny details. Eventually he finished, and he was actually really happy with the end result. He smiled slightly as Logan looked down at them, noticing that Logan had a tiny smile of his own. He was very happy to make the logical side smile, as it was a rare occurrence.

He finally looked over at Roman, who had finally given up on painting his own nails. He laughed, raising an eyebrow at the prince. "So, what'd you think, Princey? Can you paint your nails better than me?"

Roman huffed, pouting and staring down at his nails in disappointment. "I don't understand! It looked so simple. How are you so good at it?"

"I practiced for a while," Virgil shrugged. He decided to try and cheer Roman up, since he looked very upset about how it turned out. "I'm sure if you took the time to practice some more you could be great at it. Would you... like for me to redo them for you?"

Roman smiled appreciatively at him, nodding his head. "Yes, please." He mumbled, and Virgil wasted no time in starting to paint his nails with the same Nightmare Before Christmas design that he had.

In the end, they were all satisfied with their nails.

I got the idea cause I saw this on Pinterest and I think it's amazing I want space nails like that ahhhh

I feel like attempting to paint my nails with one of these. Which should I do? (I'm gonna say now, it'd be impossibly for me to do the space one haha)

Anyways, I really do need to keep trying to get some sleep. It's kinda important. Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed this. *you're sitting on stage for a choir concert along with your friends, and the song is about ring pops. At the end, the crowd throws ring pops at you*

Once again that's really creative I would have never thought of that one haha

Once again that's really creative I would have never thought of that one haha. Take care of yourselves. Love you guys. Bye!-Bob