Almond Milk (Morality x Anxiety)

Prompt. Coffee shop AU

Virgil made his way inside the same coffee shop he always did. He walked up to the counter, and saw the same guy who served him every time he came. There was a small line of other people in front of him, so while he waited he simply watched him.

The guy, Patton it said on his name tag, seemed to always be in a good mood even though it was usually very early when Virgil got there(not by choice). He didn't look like he was forcing himself to smile at everyone, he just did. He was either crazy, or a really good actor.

It wasn't just his attitude that made him stand out to Virgil, however, but also his looks. He was very attractive. He had brown hair and eyes that shone every time he greeted someone, and his smile, his smile was the most beautiful thing Virgil had ever seen. (Same tbh)

It was finally his turn to step up to the counter, and then Patton's smile was directed at him and his breath caught in his throat. He swore he could see him smiling even more than before when Virgil gave a shy grin back, but he quickly ignored it. Shaking his head slightly to make himself focus, Virgil told him what he wanted, just like every morning.

"Oh, and do you have almond milk?" Virgil asked, and Patton giggled, shaking his head at him.

"Unfortunately, my answer is the same as it is every morning Virgil." Patton shook his head at him, smile definitely wider than before, and Virgil grinned back at him. He felt butterflies in his stomach at hearing the man use his name. It shouldn't be a surprise that he had remembered it, he came in every single day, but hearing it still made him smile wider.

"Well, no harm in asking." He shrugged, unable to keep the grin off of his face. After getting his drink Virgil thanked Patton, smile still present as he walked out of the coffee shop.

****

The next day Virgil walked into the coffee shop stifling a yawn. He hadn't gotten much sleep the previous night(he wasn't sure when the last time he had gotten the proper amount of sleep was), and he was definitely exhausted. He stared at the ground and shuffled his feet as he waited in line.

When he finally stepped up to the counter Patton shot him his usual wide and happy grin. Virgil couldn't help but smile back. It was a very small, tired smile but it was a smile.

"You look exhausted, Virgil!" Patton gave a tiny frown, before returning to his usual smile. Virgil shrugged, then nodded.

"Yeah. Couldn't sleep last night." He muttered simply, getting out the amount he needed to pay for his order. He usually hated when people pointed out this obvious fact, but who could possibly be annoyed at Patton?

He was so tired that he had forgotten to tease him like he usually did. Patton didn't say anything about it, and went to make him his drink. When he returned with it, Virgil thanked him as usual and turned to make his way back out the door, raising the cup to his lips.

Virgil paused suddenly, turning back to Patton who's usual wide grin now appeared more shy. "Did... Did you guys start serving almond milk?"

"Not exactly, no," Patton shrugged, rocking back and forth on his feet. "But, well, you always ask for it, and I thought it'd be nice to get it specially for you!"

 "But, well, you always ask for it, and I thought it'd be nice to get it specially for you!"

Heyyyyy sorry for taking a couple days to upload again. I've been sad. Yup. I've also been tagged (thanks -Satan_- ) so here

 I've also been tagged (thanks -Satan_- ) so here

1. Favorite song?
Currently renegades

2. Favorite sport?
Lmao what's that
3. Favorite band?
Icon For Hire
4. Favorite show?
Uuhhhh riverdale
5. Favorite movie?
Fuck... too many. All Disney movies pretty much.
6. Favorite color?
Purple and pink
7. Favorite food?
Idk? Chinese food why not
8. Favorite drink?
Root beer is all I drink
9. Favorite video game?
Gosh uhh... Fallout, Skyrim, and Overwatch
10. Tag fifteen people: What do I look like, someone with friends? I can tag two lmao

Winchester_At_Heart
loveher187
@ anyone else who wants to do this

Anyways, I may disappear again, I may write a whole bunch to try and push aside and ignore my feelings who knows. I had to kinda force myself to write today, so sorry if that shows. I know I have a couple more requests, I'll do my best to at least get those done. Sorry again. Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed it. *Patton comes into your room after knocking closing the door behind him with blankets, pillows, all your favorite movies and cuddles with you/sits by you and gives you enough ring pops to last a life time*

 *Patton comes into your room after knocking closing the door behind him with blankets, pillows, all your favorite movies and cuddles with you/sits by you and gives you enough ring pops to last a life time*

That's an amazing suggestion thank you. ^•^ Take care of yourselves!! I'm gonna go read Harry Potter all day now hopefully undisturbed(but probably not... bc chores and schoolwork and shit) Love you guys. Bye-Bob