Too Much (Anxiety x Logic)

Do ya like my new profile picture? I really wanted to change it and I love Logan so that's what I changed it to lol. Also, sorry if this ones.... not great. Sorta a vent fic. So yeah, warning for anxiety attacks.

It was all too much.

The paper, notebooks, pens, dirty laundry, all of it, everything was too much. It covered the entire floor, it had built up over the last week. Logan wasn't sure how it even got this bad. He hadn't even gotten enough work done, so where did all this mess come from?

He wasn't sure, but he did know he wanted it gone. Now. He wished it would all just go away. Yet, he couldn't move to begin cleaning up. It was too much, too much, he couldn't stand it. When did he stop breathing? He needed to breathe.

He drew in one shaky breath. It was so difficult to breathe, but he knew he needed to. His lungs burned, and he felt something sliding down his cheeks. Tears. When did he start crying? He decided to give up fighting whatever this was, sinking to the floor and choking on a sob. All of this, from a simple little mess? How silly of him.

He wasn't sure when Virgil showed up, or why, but suddenly someone was beside of him. They were telling him to breathe, he could hear that, but he didn't know what they asked his next. They repeated the question, asking if they could touch him. Very slowly, he nodded. Only when they moved closer, holding both of his hands did he see the black and purple hoodie.

"Breathe, Logan. You need to breathe, remember, in for four seconds, hold seven, release for eight. Do it with me, you can do this," he said, showing him what to do. Logan started to follow. He couldn't do it the first few times, but slowly he figured it out. He did his best to focus on the figure in front of him, not the room around him. He didn't want that to happen again.

"You're okay, Logan," Virgil told him, moving closer to him. "I promise. Can you tell me what happened?"

"The mess... it was too much," he mumbled, wincing at his cracking voice and just how ridiculous that sounded. "I... It is silly. I know."

"It's not," Virgil assured him, shaking his head with a small comforting smile. "You want me to pick up in here for you?"

"You don't have to-"

"I want to help you. I'd rather avoid you having another attack like that, so... let me help?" He offered, and Logan sighed. He nodded slowly, watching uselessly as Virgil began to move around and clean the mess he caused. At least he could help tell where certain things needed to go, so he didn't feel entirely helpless.

As soon as the room was mess free Logan felt a huge weight lift off of his shoulders. He still didn't understand why it had effected him that much, perhaps it was simply added stress, but he was thankful that Virgil had helped him. He felt a lot better now that it was gone.

"Looks like that's it," Virgil said, sitting down next to Logan. Logan nodded.

"Yes. Thank you, for the help." He gave a tiny smile himself.

"No problem." Virgil shrugged. "Anything else you need?"

"I... no. I really just need to get back to work, this... has distracted me." He stared into space, thinking about all the things he had left to finish. Virgil looked at him, seeming surprised and frowning.

"Really? Dude, you need to take a break. Relax, maybe even take a nap. Aren't you exhausted after that?" He asked, and Logan frowned as well.