Competitive (Prince x Anxiety)

AU, they live across from each other. Yes this was the Christmas one that was meant to be our forever ago, forgive me. Also this is mostly meant to be funny lmao don't question it all

Everyone who lived in their neighborhood knew just how competitive Roman and Virgil were. The day after thanksgiving they all expected to see them outside their homes, setting up Christmas lights and trying to make sure they had the best decorations. It was a competition that they had kept up for years, now.

Roman, of course, had always had the most extravagant decorations, even before Virgil moved in across the street. Virgil, before spending his first Christmas in his new home, had only ever put up a few lights every year. However, after seeing Roman's excessive amount of lights and already having met the annoyingly over dramatic neighbor, he knew he would have to do better than him.

So, that year Virgil had went out to buy the best decorations. That had been the start of it all, and since then they had kept it up every year. Their other neighbors were a part of it as well-they didn't try to compete with the decorations Roman and Virgil put up, but every year they chose a winner.

It was nearing Christmas, and Roman had just gotten back from buying a few extra decorations to put up. He was positive he would win this year; that was, until he pulled into his neighborhood and saw his and Virgil's houses. Virgil, while Roman was our, had put up quite a few new decorations. The most noticeable being a giant snowman inflatable, bigger than any Roman had ever seen before.

He pulled into his driveway, stumbling out of his car to look up at it, seeing Virgil standing proudly beside of it. He grinned at Roman's shocked expression, crossing his arms and calling from across the street. "Beat that, asshole."

"That-that's not fair!" Roman exclaimed, walking over to Virgil to see it better. He glared at Virgil, frowning. "That is impossible to beat! Where could I possibly find something bigger or better than that?"

"You won't." Virgil shrugged. "That's the whole point of me getting it."

"I-you-" Roman spluttered, poking Virgil in the chest. "Oh, I hate y-"

"Would you two just kiss already? Your neighbors are sick of hearing your constant bickering, and even I can tell you like each other!" Someone yelled from the window of a house next door. Logan, the two thought his name was.

"Logan!" Their other neighbor called, confirming their thoughts. They were sure that this one was Patton-he and Logan were nearly always over at each other's houses. "You should let them figure that out on their own!"

"I'm sorry Patton, but it's taken them forever!" Logan argued, and while the two went back and forth Virgil and Roman were blushing a bright red.

"I... is it really that obvious?" Roman asked, and was cut off by both Logan and Patton, as well as a few other neighbors who had heard all of the drama shouting 'yes' at once. His face flushed an even darker red, and he muttered a quiet, "oh."

"So," Virgil muttered, looking to the ground and pulling his sleeves down over his hands. "Does that mean that you, uh... like me?"

"Possibly," Roman shrugged, looking around their neighborhood and trying to will away his blush. "Do you?"

"I'm positive that's obvious now," Virgil rolled his eyes, face as red as Roman's.

"Perhaps we should take the nerds advice then," Roman grinned, gesturing to Logan's house. Virgil shrugged, and smiled slightly as well.

"Guess we should." He muttered, and with that the two of them slowly started to lean towards each other, laughing quietly as the cheering and finally!'s coming from their neighbors around them.

Hi, I kinda wanna die

Hope this was kinda entertaining. I wanted to write this for a while, and even tho it's not Christmas any more I have an idea from this that would have pretty much the same setting except analogical. Would anyone like to see that? Let me know, please.

YOU CAN IGNORE ME HERE, I WONT MIND I SWEAR

Don't you all just love feeling like your friends don't care about you anymore and like they only talk to you bc they don't wanna seem rude??

God, I know that's stupid but I genuinely feel awful and like I've done something wrong to make everyone hate me and my god I hate having anxiety I just wanna go to sleep for the rest of the day pls. Can I start over? Am I allowed to do that?

Agghhhhh sorry to anyone reading this who I'm currently not responding to. I feel bad, but I need a break. Not from writing-from talking to people. I'm not taking a break from writing, some of you suggested it but man part of the reason I'm stressed in the first place is cause I took a break and got behind.

Feel like I should just say... I know no one is probably actually upset with me in any way. I know my friends probably don't secretly hate me(yes I'm saying probably bc although logically I know how unlikely this is I still feel bad) I know my thoughts lie to me, and I am not going to do anything dumb. I'm just slightly overwhelmed by a lot of different things, and..... well, as mentioned I don't feel like personally talking to anyone currently so this is the only place I'm letting myself vent my frustrations. I will be okay.

Please, don't waste your time worrying over me. I don't want to make anyone worry.

I'm just gonna go now. I'll try and write some more but I'm not promising anything-I have enough stress without making myself stay up to five to finish something I told you guys I'd do even when I'm constantly assured I don't have to bc I'm an idiot.

Thanks for reading. Again, let me know about the analogical oneshot and if you want it or not. *your favorite character/person gives you a hug and a ring pop* Again, please give me more suggestions for ring pops if you have them. Take care of yourselves. I really love you guys, thank you all for being here reading my books and listening to my annoying vents lmao. Bye-Bob