Pictures and Puddles (Morality x Anxiety)

Requested.

Virgil had finally succeeded in getting comfortable and was just turning on his phone to scroll through social media until the early hours of the morning when a knock sounded on his door. He groaned, sitting back up and glaring at the door. If it was Roman, he would-

"H-hey, Virge! It's me, Patton." The usually bubbly side sounded sad, and when Virgil heard a sniff he knew immediately that he had been crying. "C-can I come in?"

Virgil sat up straighter, feeling concerned. "Of course." He called back, and when Patton walked through his door he was shocked.

The other side had definitely been crying, and his usual bright and happy grin was missing. He was soaked, hair dropping wet, and mud on his clothes. He had a couple bruises on his arms, and Virgil was starting to really freak out because of them, but the most confusing thing wasn't the fact that he was wet and bruised. It was the large amounts of glitter that caught his attention, covering Patton from head to toe, shining in the light of his bedroom.

"Patton, are you alright?" Virgil stood, walking over to Patton and helping him over to sit on his bed. He ignored that he was getting the sheets dirty, and kneeled down in front of him. "What's wrong? What happened to you?"

"I-I-I-" He stuttered, drawing in shaky, shallow breaths. "I tr-ried to-"

"Patton, hold on." Virgil stopped him. "I can't understand you right now. Stay calm, and take some deep breaths okay? Can you do that?" He forced his voice to sound calm and steady, watching as Patton nodded. "Okay, good, breathe with me okay?"

The two of them took deep breaths until at last, Patton had calmed down and his loud sobs reduced to occasional sniffles. There were still a few tears slipping down his cheeks, but he had calmed enough that Virgil could understand him if he spoke. "You okay to talk again?"

"Y-yeah.." Patton's still stuttered slightly, but it was easier to make out his words. "I.. I just wanted to do something nice for you, Virgil. I'm sorry."

"What'd you mean, Patton? You do nice things for me all the time." Virgil frowned, still confused. Patton sighed, looking down at his hands.

"Well, I still wanted to do something.. I made you a picture, but I couldn't find you. I went to look outside, but I tripped and fell into a puddle. The-the picture got ruined and I-I-I'm sorry.." He started crying again, and Virgil could tell he felt really bad about this. He pulled him into a hug, holding him close and shushing him.

"Hey, Patton, it's okay I promise." He assured him, smiling slightly. "The fact that you thought about me and tried to make me something is super sweet. Thank you, please don't cry..."

"You're..." he paused, sniffling and wiping at his eyes. "You're sure it's okay? You don't care that it got ruined?"

"No, Pat. Accidents happen, you didn't mean to. You were trying to do something nice, and that's what really matters." Virgil pulled away from the hug slightly so he could see his smile. Patton couldn't help it as his own grin grew on his lips, not as bright as usual but at least he was smiling.

"I still just... really wanted to make you happy." Patton sighed, wiping his tears away again. Virgil leaned forward, kissing his cheeks.

"You make me happy all the time, you didn't need to make me anything to do that." He told him, both of them sitting silently for a moment, smiling at each other.

"Hey.." Virgil started, voice soft. "How about you go get cleaned off, and we hang out and watch a movie or something?"

"That sounds nice.." Patton mumbled, nodding his head. So, Virgil helping him up, Patton headed off to his room to change into his warm and dry cat onesie, joining Virgil on the couch in the living room to watch his favorite movie.

Hope this was alright!!! Also I know I have more requests I'll get around to them ahh

Hope this was alright!!! Also I know I have more requests I'll get around to them ahh. Also this would've been done sooner but I was reading Chamber of Secrets so.... I'm sorry.

Lmao my days sucked so I'm not gonna say anything here really. But like. My next oneshot will be angst, he prepared haha

Thanks for reading, hope you liked this. *you look under your bed and see something shiny. It's a ring pop wrapper, and when you look back up your room is full of ring pops*

 It's a ring pop wrapper, and when you look back up your room is full of ring pops*

Take care of yourselves. Bye-Bob