Why? (Morality x Anxiety)

This is platonic, also angst and mentioning breakups. IM SORRY IM CRYING AND WANTED TO VENT OKAY

Virgil stared at the ceiling above him, trying to will away his tears. He refused to cry. He wouldn't do it. He would not cry-and the tears were falling. He let out a bitter laugh, arm slung over his face as the tears fell one after the other.

Why? He wondered, letting out a choked sob. Why was he thinking about it now? Why did he miss him now? It was over. It had been for a while. They both knew it was for the best, so why?

Virgil fought hard to ignore all the thoughts in his head, tried to ignore the thoughts telling him he was never good enough for him. He tried and tried to push it away, to think of something else, anything, but in the end he couldn't. His thoughts got to him, and now he was crying harder, sobbing.

He heard his door open, and he forced himself to stay silent. He wiped at his eyes, hid himself under his blanket, and prepared to talk to whoever it was.

"Virgil... What's wrong?" He heard Patton ask him gently, looking up to see him stepping closer to his bed, concern obvious.

"Nothing," Virgil spoke, voice wavering. He flinched as he heard himself, knowing that that definitely wasn't fooling anyone. Patton frowned, stepping closer again and hesitantly sitting down beside of Virgil. Virgil pulled the blankets further over his face to hide his tears, but couldn't stop it as he sobbed again.

"....thinking about him." He admitted with a heavy sigh, sniffling and wiping at his eyes. Patton frowned more, leaning over to wrap his arms around Virgil.

"Oh, Virgil," he sighed, kissing the top of his head. "I'm so sorry."

"I just don't understand..." he sniffed, leaning into Patton's embrace. "Why? Why am I still thinking about it? Who do I still miss him? He's probably happier without me... but I'm miserable without him."

Patton thought about letting him know that Roman was just as miserable without him as Virgil was, but decided it would be better not to. They all knew the breakup was for the best. Instead he opted for simply comforting his son, pulling him closer and running Shane through his hair.

"I'm sorry Virge," he muttered, pressing a kiss to his forehead. "I know, it's really hard. It's normal to miss him."

"But... things got so bad between us at the end... Isn't it bad of me to want him back? I don't... I don't want the bad parts, I just want us both to be happy again. Happy with each other." Virgil frowned, hating himself for thinking about any of this.

"It's okay to want the good parts of a relationship. It's also important to understand that the bad parts come with it, and sometimes... sometimes it doesn't work. And that's okay. It's okay." Patton assured him, and the room fell silent aside from the occasional sniffles and sobs from Virgil.

Patton sat with him, comforting him and telling him it would all be alright until his sobs died down. He leaned heavily on Patton, taking a deep breath and wiping the rest of the tears from his eyes.

"'M sorry," he mumbled into his shirt.

"Don't be." Patton told him, lifting up his head and brushing his hair out of his face. He pressed a kiss to his forehead, sending him a tiny smile. "Why don't you get some sleep? I'll stay here with you. You look exhausted..."

"Okay." Virgil agreed, sighing as Patton moved so they were both lying down. His eyes closed, and he fell asleep quickly. As promised, Patton didn't move from his side while he slept, keeping him wrapped in his arms protectively.

I swear... literally every time I'm sad and just wanna be left alone someone comes into my room or wants to talk to me like... I don't want to be rude but could ya let me cry my eyes out in peace pls

Also this was a vent thing, I'm sorry but no I'm not going to write a part two for it where they get together again or something like that

Lmao god I'm in such a bad mood that someone left a somewhat rude comment and I had a reply written out and I was ready to fight

I don't ever do that. If I'm ever angry I try to keep it to myself cause... god anger is such a pointless human emotion. All it's good for is causing you to say rude things and hurt people. Why would I wanna do that? Plus, starting internet drama is pointless anyways. It's best to block report and ignore them cause who the fuck cares what they think anyways.

Before I go on a long rant about why I'm sad I'm gonna get off and work on Robot. Need to update that.

Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed it. *you check under your bed for monsters and a creepy dark hand with long fingers reaches out from the darkness to hand you a ring pop*

 *you check under your bed for monsters and a creepy dark hand with long fingers reaches out from the darkness to hand you a ring pop*

Thanks for the suggestion. Take care of yourselves. You're loved and important and lots of people want you to stay alive and be happy. Bye-Bob