Warm Pajamas (Morality x Anxiety)

Warning: short and cheesy as hell, inspired by me getting warm pajamas out of the dryer and being a sappy lonely fuck

"It is so fucking cold out there." Virgil complained as he walked in the apartment door of his old friend, who had also become his new boyfriend just a few days ago. Patton looked up from his spot on the couch, surprised by the soaking wet state of his boyfriend in his doorway.

"Geez, Virgil! Did you walk all the way here or something?" He asked incredulously, standing up and going quickly to the bathroom to grab a towel. He returned soon, wrapping it around Virgil himself, Virgil's face flushing as he stood close to him.

"This was just from the walk from my car into your building. It's really pouring the rain out there." He explained as Patton tried to dry his dripping wet hair. Virgil finally took a hold of his hand, bringing it away from the towel still sat atop his head and smiled. "I can dry myself off, y'know?"

"I know, I know," Patton smiled back, turning his hand in Virgil's grip to squeeze his hand. "Just trying to be helpful. Why don't I go find you some dry clothes to put on? You left some here the other day when you stayed over, I think they should be done in the dryer now."

He didn't wait for an answer from Virgil before walking off to get his clothes, beckoning him to follow. Virgil trailed behind him, worried about getting the floor wet even though he knew Patton wouldn't care at all, and wrapping the towel given to him tightly around his shoulders as he shivered. He watched as Patton sifted through his dryer, eventually pulling out a long sleeved purple shirt and a pair of Nightmare Before Christmas pajama pants.

"Thanks for washing them," Virgil commented as he took the clothing, soaking up the warmth of the freshly dried items. "You didn't have to do that."

"It was no problem at all," he assured, before ushering him towards the bathroom. "Now go change, before you freeze!"

It didn't take long before Virgil returned to the living room, although somehow Patton had managed to not only change into his own pair of freshly cleaned pajamas (a light blue t-shirt and matching pair of pajama pants, covered in cartoon dogs and donuts), but had gotten up the trail of water leading all the way from his front door to the bathroom in the same amount of time. He looked up when he heard Virgil walk in, patting the spot on the couch beside of him so Virgil would join him.

"Handing you those pajamas just made me want something warm to change into also," Patton said as Virgil sat down, offering him a blanket. "It's not nearly as cold in here as I'm sure it is out there, but still. Who could turn down some nice warm pjs and cuddles with someone you care about?"

"Nobody sane," Virgil said, leaning against Patton as he wrapped the blanket around the both of them. "Warm pajamas are the best."

There was silence between the two as they got comfortable, Patton leaning against the arm of the couch turned towards Virgil, and Virgil leaning into his chest, arms wrapped around his middle. Virgil sighed comfortably as Patton ran his fingers through his hair, the feeling familiar, but just slightly different. The two of them had done this often while they were friends, cuddling close through the night. It only felt different now because their relationship had changed. It wasn't a bad different, though it was a little more embarrassing now.

"Y'know," Patton paused his fingers combing through Virgil's locks, a small smile on his lips and a blush on his cheeks. His hand moved again after speaking. "You remind me of warm pajamas."

Virgil shifted, cheek moving across the warm and soft fabric of Patton's shirt so he could look up at him better, raising an eyebrow. "What does that mean?"

Patton smiled a little wider, twisting a strand of hair around his finger. "Well, I mean... you also make me feel warm and fuzzy. You're comforting, and safe." He released the strand, moving to poke a finger against Virgil's nose, which had turned red along with the rest of his face, laughing a little. "You're just the best."

"I don't understand how you can make the weirdest things so sappy and romantic. You really have a talent," Virgil joked and buried his face in Patton's chest to hide the still growing blush creeping down his neck now. "But... if that's what you mean, then you're exactly like warm pajamas too."

Patton giggled again, whispering to encourage Virgil to look back up at him. It took a moment, but once he did Patton smiled widely at him, hand resting gently on his cheek. He leaned in slightly, nervousness clear, and despite Virgil feeling nervous too he still leaned in closer. Their lips connected in the softest touch ever, just barely there against each other but so, so exciting. They pulled back only a moment after, grins spread across their whole faces.

"I... I love you," Patton whispered for the first time and now more than ever Virgil understood what Patton meant by the warm and fuzzy feeling he had described before.

He leaned in again, pressed a longer, firmer kiss to his lips before pulling away to mutter back. "I love you too."

Their pajama pants may or may not also be inspired by actual pairs of pajama pants that I got for Christmas that immediately reminded me of both of them lol-

Uhhh I don't have much to say here other than sorry for infrequent uploads? I'm trying my best. Also hopefully going to be updating one of my other books fairly soon, any guesses on which one?? (Hopefully I'll have it finished before too long-)

Anyways yeah, I hope that you liked this! I enjoyed writing it. Thanks so much for reading! *you from the future shows up to hand you a ring pop* (thanks to Paradox-Puzzler for the suggestion!) Remember to take care of yourselves. Bye!-Bob