Just Hold Me (Morality x Anxiety)

Virgil was nervous to knock on the moral sides door, worrying he might annoy the person on the other side of the door. He knew Patton had said he could talk to him if he needed, but what Virgil wanted was just... dumb. He knew it was silly, and he wasn't sure why this was bothering him, but it was. He sighed, raising his hand up anyways and knocking. His problem wasn't going to go away if he didn't at least try to ask.

Almost immediately the door was open, Patton smiling brightly in front of Virgil. Virgil felt his heart pick up speed at the sight of him, blush rising to his cheeks as he tried to say something. "I-I, uh... sorry to bother you. I just, uh... needed someone to talk to..?"

"Well, come in then." Patton said, opening the door wider for Virgil to enter. "I'm not busy, and I'm always happy to be here for you Virge."

"Thanks," Virgil mumbled, stepping inside and following Patton who went to sit on his bed. He gestured for Virgil to sit with him, so he did.

"So, what's wrong?" He asked, leaning forward and taking one of Virgil's hands comfortingly. Virgil's heart sped up again, sighing and squeezing Patton's hand. He still felt nervous, and still thought that what was bothering him was weird, but being here with Patton, being close and holding his hand, he knew he couldn't back down now.

"I..." He started slowly, closing his eyes and breathing to ease some of his anxiety. "I know I'm gonna sound weird, and dumb, and you definitely do not have to do this at all if you don't want to, b-but I..."

Virgil stopped his rambling, wishing his bandaid method would work now like it had when he had revealed his name. He could feel frustrated tears welling in his eyes, gritting his teeth and shaking his head at himself for being so stupid. This should be easier. He knew Patton wasn't going to judge him-or at least he was pretty sure. So why couldn't he admit it still?

"Hey, hey... what is it, Virge? What's wrong?" Patton asked, noticing the tears gathering in his eyes. He let go of Virgil's hand and Virgil immediately felt worse than before, but was relieved when Patton instead put both hands on his shoulders. He looked Virgil in the eye, Virgil looking back worriedly. Seeing just how concerned he looked made him feel bad for not being able to just say it, and he sighed again.

"I'm sorry. I'm just nervous..." he muttered, wiping at his eyes with his hoodie sleeve. "I've just been feeling... lonely, I guess..? N-not because I haven't been around anyone, but just... I-I don't know, I've been around you and Roman and Logan, and that is nice but it's just..."

"Just what?" Patton prompted, voice soft and caring. Virgil closed his eyes, taking in a long breath.

"I want... someone to touch me. L-like, hold my hand, or let me lean on them and... mostly I just want..." he frowned, hiding his face in his hands as his cheeks burned bright. "I just want someone to sit with me, and to hug me, and to not move for a while."

Virgil felt his anxiety skyrocket when Patton pulled both of his hands away from him, not moving his hands from his face. He didn't want to face him, sure he thought Virgil was being dumb and weird. He felt a few tears fall, hearing Patton start to speak.

"Virgil..." he mumbled softly, sounding sad. "All you had to do was ask."

Virgil frowned, finally pulling his hands from his face to look at Patton. He was confused, and shocked to find him smiling at him. Patton held out his arms for a hug, and Virgil immediately launched himself forward to lean against Patton, wrapping his arms around him as he started to cry some more. Patton held onto him tightly, mumbling affirmations to him and assuring him that he didn't mind being there for him.

"Is there anything else you need from me?" Patton whispered, looking down at Virgil's head resting on his shoulders. Virgil shook his head quickly.

"Just hold me," he mumbled, still sounding teary. He leaned further into the other sides shoulder, the soft material of the cardigan on his shoulders against his cheek soothing. "Please just hold me..."

"Okay," Patton promised, shifting the two of them so he could lay against the back of his bed, more comfortable that way. He ran his fingers through Virgil's hair, his other hand warm against his back. Moving pulled Virgil more into his lap, laying on his stomach and intertwining their legs.

Virgil felt finally at ease, surrounded by the person he truly trusted the most. He wanted to voice this, to let Patton know how he truly felt for him. To tell him that he loved him. Patton felt the same way, but neither said a word.

Instead they sat together, Patton pressing a kiss to the top of his head. They didn't move for the remainder of the night, never once leaving each other's sides, or letting go of the other. Tomorrow they would wake up in a tangle of limbs, and Virgil would mumble it tiredly without thinking, and Patton would say it back the same way. They would laugh, and kiss, and hold each other longer, and Virgil would always know who to go to if he ever felt that way again, but for now they simply held on tight.

Anyone else randomly feel the desire to just hug someone and sit that way forever but realize that you have no one to do that with so you just feel miserable? Just me? Cool-

Skdkkf I'm sorry I'm sad, but what's new? Lmao

I don't really know what to say here-I guess, sorry this isn't a request? I'm having a hard time with those. I'm having a hard time writing in general, which I've already mentioned plenty, but..... god it's so annoying why is life so hectic I just want everything to stop and anyways I'm gonna get off before I rant about feelings too much and cry-

So yeah, hope you liked this oneshot I guess? Idk might not be my best but I also just might be saying that bc it's based on my feelings and I think all my feelings are stupid, so.... hope you liked it anyways. *your imaginary mythical pet comes to you in a dream and hands you a ring pop. You wake up the next morning to find the ring pop safely stashed on the desk next to you* Once again, thanks to Paradox-Puzzler for that, they're the best with ring pop suggestions. (Sorry if it's annoying that I keep tagging you btw just wanna make sure I give credit but I also don't wanna post the comment these all came from every time-) Take good care of yourselves. Love you guys. Bye-Bob

Also this is random but if anyone has any calming music suggestions that could help with anxiety that'd be really cool (or uplifting songs that help with depression, you're also just welcome to share any music at all bc I just need new music to listen to lmao)