Road Trip Detour (Logic x Morality)

The only light for miles along the mostly empty road Patton and Logan were driving down was from the headlights on their car, aside from the rare car that would drive past them. The car was mostly silent, but if he listened close enough Patton could hear the faint sound of music coming from the radio that was turned down, but not fully off. It was late, the clock in the car reading two AM, and they still had a long ways to go.

Patton was quickly growing tired, not used to staying up quite this late, and looked to his husband(they had just gotten married-the reason they were driving so late-and Patton was sure he would never tire of thinking of Logan as his husband), hoping to start a conversation to distract himself from his exhaustion. He decided against saying anything after noticing the very focused expression on Logan's face, wondering what had gained all of his attention. Glancing back to the road often to avoid an accident, Patton watched his husband carefully.

He saw Logan shift his head subtly, trying to look further out of the window. His eyes were cast upwards, small hint of a smile on his lips, and Patton knew exactly what he was looking at. He smiled widely himself, happy to see Logan so happy. He reached up to the ceiling, pulling back the handle to slide open the sunroof. It would be a lot easier to see the stars that way, which is what he knew Logan was doing. He caught the curious look Logan sent him but kept his eyes on the road, still smiling to himself and not saying anything.

When he looked back Logan's smile had grown the smallest bit, leaning his head back against the headrest and gazing up at the stars, and even after knowing Logan for years he still felt his heart skip a beat in his chest at the sight. He wanted nothing more than to look at his husband's happy expression for hours, but unfortunately he needed to keep his eyes on the road if he wanted to avoid getting into a wreck. He turned his attention back to the road for a while, eventually feeling something brush against his hand that was resting on the armrest between them. He glanced down, seeing Logan's hand wrap around his and link their fingers together, squeezing slightly. Patton shot him a smile, squeezing his hand back and fighting down a yawn.

He scanned the area they were in, which was mostly just long fields of grass with very few trees or plants, and no buildings nearby. They were in the middle of nowhere, and he doubted they would find a hotel or really any kind of building that wasn't on private property. He knew that if he kept going too much longer in his tired state it would become dangerous for him to keep going, and Logan didn't look any more awake and alert than he did. He made a decision to pull off the road, coming to a stop and shifting to look at Logan.

"Something wrong?" Logan asked, voice quiet and sounding tired. "We shouldn't be close to being out of gas yet."

"Nothing's wrong," Patton shook his head, his voice soft as well. He smiled a little sheepishly, shrugging his shoulders as he explained. "I just felt a little too tired to keep going."

"Would you like for me to drive?" His husband offered, hand already on the handle to his door, prepared to switch places.

"No, no," Patton shook his head, squeezing Logan's hand again. "I actually was thinking... maybe we could just stop for a while?"

"Here?" Logan raised a brow, looking around the area. "Are you sure? It appears to be a little unsafe."

"I don't think there's anyone out here, and even if there was it's not like there's anywhere around here that they could hide." Patton pointed out. "We could easily spot them and get out of here if we need to, but I don't think anything's going to happen."

Logan hummed, thinking for a moment. He did eventually agree, Patton grinning triumphantly as he opened up the door and got out of the car. He opened the back door, reaching in to retrieve the blanket they had brought with them for the ride to and from where they were going. Logan also got out of the car, asking Patton what exactly he planned on them doing.

"We should sit out here and stargaze!" Patton said, already setting down their blanket so they could lay on it. Logan saw how excited he was, and with how much he loved the stars there was no possible way he could refuse now. He smiled, allowing Patton to pull him down to lay next to him on the blanket. It took them both a moment to get comfortable, both of them laying on their backs, so close their sides were pressed together, hands linked as they gazed up at the stars above.

Logan was almost immediately enthralled by the beautiful lights above, scanning the sky and finding each of the constellations that were visible. His fascination with the stars would always make Patton smile. However, he found that looking up at the stars above wasn't nearly as mesmerizing as seeing them reflected in the eyes of the man he loved more than anything else in the world.

His head stayed tilted so that he could scan his husbands face. It felt so nice to be beside of him, warm and happy and so in love. His eyes slipped closed, eyelids feeling heavy, but he forced them back open again. He wanted to stay awake just a little while longer, to be sure that this memory would never ever fade from his mind, but he was already so tired and the warmth he felt from Logan was only making it harder to stay awake.

He gave up after a few minutes, sighing and leaning up on his side. He curled closer into Logan, arm thrown over his waist and head tucked into his neck. He felt Logan's arms wrap around him, lips pressing softly to the top of his head. Patton also kissed him without moving his head, nuzzling closer against him and sighing tiredly.

"Love you," He mumbled sleepily, just barely still awake. He felt a content sigh from Logan move the hair on the top of his head slightly, and Logan holding him tighter.

"I love you too, Patton."

The next thing Patton knew he was waking up in the passenger seat of their car, blanket wrapped around him, and the sun was just beginning to show itself in the distance. He made a soft, tired noise, hand reaching out from under the blankets to stretch towards Logan, who immediately took it and squeezed.

"We're almost there," he said quietly, thumb gently rubbing the back of Patton's hand. "Get some more sleep, Patton."

Patton squeezed his hand back, shifting over to awkwardly lean across the armrest and lay his head on Logan's shoulder. That was all he could really do before he managed to doze back off, Logan still on his mind along with the stars.

Yeah so uh. Idk what this is exactly, I was just looking at the stars while in the car the other day and I had the first part of this idea. It was just gonna be a short thing where he noticed him looking at the stars and opened the sunroof to let him look at them better, which I wasn't even gonna write, but then in the car today I had the idea for them to get out and stargaze and I thought it was really cute and I feel like I haven't written logicality in a while anyways so here's this I guess. I think it's pretty cute? It took me forever to actually finish, I still am not doing good mentally but I think I like it and I hope you guys do too.

I really do swear that I'm trying, and I'm also sorry if I ignore any messages I get I really really don't mean to. Things just keep seeming to get worse for me, and it's hard to deal with but I'm trying. I am.

Now I really need to get off and attempt to get some sleep. Even though I'll most likely end up just reading fanfic till 5AM like I have the last couple nights aha. But anyways, I hope you liked this. Thanks for reading. noonecommentsontheseanymoresoidonthaveanyringpopsuggestionsfuck uhhhh *my new bird Corvus carries you a ring pop* Take care of yourselves. Bye-Bob

(Also yeah I got a new bird and I love him he's adorable have a picture of him sleeping on my arm

Okay I'll go now hope you all are doing well)