Sewing (Morality x Anxiety)

Requested. Uhhh I don't know much about sewing, so I apologize. Also I tried to make it so it could be taken either platonic or romantic bc I like romantic moxiety rn but I also want everyone to be able to enjoy this

Virgil liked to sew.

It was a lot of fun for him. At times it was frustrating, but when he was finished with whatever he was sewing he was glad he took the time to do it. One of his favorite things he had ever sewn was his black and purple hoodie.

No one else knew he liked to sew, which was fine with him. He enjoyed doing it when he was alone, and sometimes he worried that if they did know they may make fun of him. He wasn't sure if they actually would or not, but this fear was part of the reason he kept it mostly to himself. He didn't even tell Patton due to his irrational fears. He also kind of enjoyed keeping it a secret. It was something he had all to himself, his own thing he could go and do whenever he wanted.

Currently, Virgil was hiding away from people in his room to sew. He was fixing up part of his jacket, listening to his music quietly in case anyone came by so he could hide his needle and thread. He didn't expect anyone to just suddenly pop up right in front of him, which is why it was very startling when Patton was suddenly peering over at what he was working on. "I didn't know you liked to sew!"

Virgil jumped, hissing in pain as he accidentally stabbed his finger with his needle. He dropped everything and held his hand up to look at it. Thankfully it wasn't going to start bleeding or anything, but that didn't stop Patton from freaking out.

"Oh, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to scare you, are you okay?" He questioned, gently taking Virgil's hand so he could look it over.

"I'm fine, Pat," Virgil assured him. "Really, I'm okay. Did you need something?"

"No. Just wanted to see you!" Patton told him with a bright grin, leaning over to kiss Virgil's cheek and making him blush. "And now I'm curious. How long have you known how to sew?"

"Uh, for a while..." Virgil shrugged. "It's fun."

"That's really cool!" Patton smiled. "So, did you make your jacket on your own?"

"Yeah," Virgil nodded, smiling slightly. "It's one of my favorite things I've made."

"I can see why! It's a super cool jacket. Why are you working on it now?"

"This part needed fixed." Virgil explained, pointing out what he was doing. He paused for a moment, then hesitantly spoke again. "You... don't think it's weird? That I like to sew?"

"Weird? Why would that be weird?" Patton frowned, looking over at Virgil. "You like it. If it makes you happy, then I think it's pretty cool! It's not weird at all."

Virgil thought for a moment, then slowly nodded. "Yeah.." he mumbled. "I guess as long as I'm happy doing it, it shouldn't really matter, should it?"

"Exactly!" Patton nodded, leaning over to kiss his cheek again. "Your happiness is what matters most."

Patton moved to finally sit down next to Virgil, and neither of them spoke for a while. Virgil started to go back to what he was doing, no longer worried about anyone finding him and calling him weird. It stayed quiet for a while, Patton leaning against him while he worked in a peaceful quiet. Then Patton spoke up, sounding nervous.

"Would you... wanna teach me? You don't have to, but I'd like to learn!" He said, and almost immediately Virgil nodded.

"Sure. I'd love to teach you." He shrugged, biting his lip to stop a smile. Patton threw his arms around him in a hug, thanking him multiple times while Virgil insisted it wasn't a big deal.

Soon the two were starting to work on something simple together, Virgil showing Patton how to do it. Virgil laughed loudly as Patton pointed his needle at him like a tiny sword, both of them joking and laughing, and even if it took a while to actually start sewing anything, neither of them minded.

I hope it's okay that I made it shippy haha, I just like moxiety a lot rn

I hope it's okay that I made it shippy haha, I just like moxiety a lot rn. Hope you liked this, and I hope the end was okay!

I also lied, even tho I stayed up till like 8AM I just ended up watching Youtube instead of working, sorry lol. It's not my fault that it's so easy to get distracted watching game theorist videos-

Anyways, I have one more request currently that should take me a bit longer to get done, but hopefully I can do that tonight. I also still need to read my book for school and do some math homework, but otherwise I should have time to work on something.

So, thank you for reading. Hope you enjoyed this oneshot. *you unroll a bolt of fabric and the ring pops printed on it come to life* Thank you for the request and ring pop suggestion. ^•^ Take cafe of yourselves. Care keeps correcting to cafe every time I go to change it so I'm leaving it lmao. Love you guys. Bye!-Bob