Wings (No Ship)

Requested.

Virgil had a secret.

He hid it from the others well, and no one ever suspected a thing. Sure, it was definitely uncomfortable constantly having to hide his wings underneath his hoodie, but he thought that the others finding out would be worse. He was scared that they would think he was weird, or that they might hate him for it. He didn't want to find out what they thought, so he constantly kept them covered up.

The only time he was able to free his wings was when he was in his room. Usually when he was trying to sleep. His room was too hot to sleep with his hoodie on anyways, so even if he wanted to leave it on he couldn't.

The anxious trait had decided to take a nap in his room. He hadn't gotten enough sleep the previous night, so he was tired, and a nap sounded like the perfect idea. He curled up in his bed, hoodie off and no blanket on, laying with just his large feathered wings curled around himself. It didn't take very long for sleep to find him, drifting off peacefully.

Patton knocked on the door of his dark strange son, wanting to check on him. He hadn't come out in a few hours, and he just wanted to be sure he was doing okay. He waited for a response(Somehow, response just corrected to twosomes. Why does my phone correct to such random things I-), frowning when there was none. He knocked again, waiting patiently for an answer, and when nothing came he started to worry.

"Virgil? You okay in there, kiddo?" He called through the door gently. "I'm gonna come in if you don't answer me, I'm worried about you."

He waited to see if Virgil would protest, and when he didn't he cautiously opened the door, peering inside. He gasped at what he saw, finding Virgil lying in his bed with wings that nearly covered him completely. He definitely wasn't expecting that.

"Logan! Roman!" He called, rushing off to find the other two. "You've got to come see this!"

The three of them all gathered around Virgil, looking down and examining his wings.

"How is this possible?" Logan wondered, frowning. It was obvious he was curious and wanted to ask a lot of questions, but he kept them to himself.

"I don't know, but... they look amazing!" Roman grinned, reaching out a hand to brush against the feathered wings. The three of them jumped back as Virgil stirred.

Slowly, the winged side sat up, tiredly looking around. He froze when he realized he wasn't alone in his room, remembering his wings were not hidden. "Wh-what are you doing in my room?"

"I'm sorry, kiddo!" Patton started, frowning. "I came in to check on you, but then I saw your wings and I thought they were really cool! Why didn't we know about them before?"

"I-I... I thought you might hate me.." Virgil mumbled, still glancing around at the others. He started shaking, the three of them realizing he was beginning to panic. They rushed to his side, Patton wrapping an arm around him in a side hug, Roman holding one of his hands, and Logan simply sitting next to him.

"Hey, Virgil, it's okay," Roman assured him. "Your wings are beautiful! We would not hate you for having them."

"Of course we wouldn't! We wouldn't ever hate you, for any reason!" Patton nodded, pulling him closer into his hug. Virgil slowly hugged him back, still worrying.

"It is very interesting." Logan added. "I am curious about them, but I also do not hate you. Why would we, over something like this?"

"I don't know.." Virgil mumbled, hiding his face in Patton's chest. "You guys should know by now that I worry too much.. You really think they're cool?"

The other three immediately nodded, all talking at once again how much they loved his wings. Of course, he was also bombarded with questions about them, but even though he usually hated being at the center of attention he found he didn't mind. The more he thought about it, the more his smile grew.

All his worrying was for nothing-they loved his wings, and Virgil decided that he did too. That was all that mattered.

I hope this was what you wanted, ahhh sorry if it's not!! I actually really really love the idea of Virgil having wings

I hope this was what you wanted, ahhh sorry if it's not!! I actually really really love the idea of Virgil having wings. I've read a few other fanfics like that, and I think it's amazing.

Okay, can I also just like, rant real quick here? You can ignore me, whatever but just like.

I feel awful. My throats hurts from shouting, my eyes burn and my nose has been running literally all day, and all night last night too. And I feel just as bad mentally as I do physically right now, and it's just-it's annoying.

I've been feeling pretty good lately, actually, but today I just. I literally haven't wanted to do anything. I've had to do stuff anyways, cause if I didn't get my chores done I'd get in trouble and that's literally the last thing I want rn. Even tho I did a lot of chores today I still haven't even gotten showered or dressed yet. I feel disgusting, and yet I still somehow just don't feel like doing anything about it.

I know that if I actually just forced myself to get out of bed and take a shower and change the sheets on my bed I'd probably feel a ton better but like. It's just so hard to force myself. Does anyone else have days like that? They suck.

You know what would be nice? If I had someone who told me they were proud of me for being able to accomplish tiny things like that. Or that, even tho I feel like I can't that they still believe in me. That just, would be really helpful I think.

I wish I didn't feel like this ever.

I do want to feel better. I'm gonna try and make myself get up and do these things, and also I should probably go take my medicine bc I've been not keeping up with that very good. If I upload a oneshot again, that probably means I've failed bc I also need to get some sleep. Why is taking care of myself so hard sometimes?

Anyways. Thanks for reading this, hope you enjoyed it. I'll get around to other requests soon. *Yzma angrily gives you a ring pop in the pansexual flag colors*

 *Yzma angrily gives you a ring pop in the pansexual flag colors*

I should rewatch that movie, lol. It's great. Try your best to take care of yourselves. You're important. <3 Bye-Bob