Sore Back (Morality x Anxiety)

Hi! So I'm currently writing this from my aunts couch in Florida, mostly just to vent bc I haven't slept much the last two days and my back hurts from binding in the car on the way here. It's really short, and the main reason I'm working on it is just so I didn't have to make a separate Authors Note because I needed to let you all know that I will be taking a break for a while.

I'm in Florida with a lot of my family for a wedding so I'll be pretty busy while I'm here(which also means I won't be responding to messages or anything much either). Not only that but my mental health has been getting worse and worse again, so I'm not entirely sure when I will be back here. I won't go into it much, I'll probably be fine, but I did want to let you all know.

This break does include updates on Tally Marks and Haunted High School, So those will not be updated either. I hope to be back pretty soon, and I'm sorry. I've been trying very hard to keep up with updating my books for you guys to enjoy, because I have a lot of them planned that I really want to work on and put out for people to enjoy. I hate having to take a break, but truthfully it's better if I take one. So sorry, and I'll try to be back soon. No more blabbering on for me now-on with the oneshot haha

"You look tired." Patton commented, looking over to Virgil. The dark circles under his eyes were bigger than usual, and his eyelids refused to stay open for very long. Virgil blinked again, taking a few moments to open his eyes. He yawned, sitting up and stretching, wincing as his back ached.

"'M fine," Virgil mumbled, shaking his head. "Let's watch another movie."

"Virgil," Patton frowned, reaching over to him to rub his shoulder. Virgil was tense, and he only froze up more as Patton touched him. "I love spending time with you, but I really think you need to get some rest."

Virgil sat still for a while, leaning closer to Patton and beginning to relax the slightest bit. "I don't wanna be alone..." He mumbled, pulling his hoodie sleeves down over his hands. "Can't turn my brain off. I won't get any sleep."

"Is that why you've been so tired lately?" Patton asked, turning his body to face him better. He brought his other hand up to run through his hair, pushing it out of Virgil's face. "Have you not gotten any sleep the last few nights?"

Virgil shrugged, looking down. "I got a few hours..."

Patton pulled Virgil into a hug, still running fingers gently through his hair. "I'm sorry, Virge. Would you like to stay here for the night? That way you don't have to be alone."

Virgil's face flushed but he nodded, leaning into Patton. He had stayed over in Patton's room before, but it still made him feel nervous. Patton was the nicest person he knew, and even if they had already been together for a while that didn't make him feel any less nervous around him.

"I... that would be nice. Thank you." He mumbled, face hidden in his shoulder. He sighed, closing his eyes again and coming close to drifting off right then. Patton shook his awake though, letting go of him.

"Hey, you can't sleep yet." Patton said, tapping his shoulder. "Gotta take this off, unless you want your back to hurt even worse. C'mon, as soon as you've done that we can lay down and sleep, okay?"

Virgil groaned, sitting up and looking over at Patton. "Too tired... Help me?"

Patton smiled at him, nodding and moving to help him slide his jacket off his shoulders. Setting it to the side he had Virgil raise his arms up, sliding his shirt off and setting it on top of his jacket. Then he helped him get his binder off, taking more time before it finally came off, putting it next to the rest of his clothes. Patton held up Virgil's shirt again, eyebrow raised. "Want this back on?"

"Please," Virgil nodded, helping Patton to slide it back in again. He sighed in relief, rolling his shoulders back and wincing once again as part of his back hurt. He frowned, rubbing his eyes and leaning forwards to hug Patton again.

"Still hurting?" Patton asked, getting a nod from Virgil. He leaned forward, pressing a kiss to the top of his head. "I can try to help. Lay down on your stomach for me?"

Virgil listened, moving to lay down as Patton pulled the blankets on his bed back so it would be easier to get under them later. Patton sat behind him, reaching up to rub Virgil's back.

"You need to be more careful Virge," he mumbled, leaning down to leave a kiss on his shoulder, the closest thing he could reach while he continued working on his back. "You could seriously get hurt keeping it on too long."

"Didn't mean to," Virgil mumbled, looking over his shoulder at Patton. "Just forgot. I've been too tired..."

"It's okay, now." Patton assured him, smiling reassuringly as he felt Virgil beginning to relax more. "Just remember to take better care of yourself in the future, okay?"

"Okay," Virgil whispered, bringing his arms up to rest his head on them, closing his eyes and sighing. "Thanks. Love you."

"I love you too, Virgil." Patton smiled, working on massaging his back for a while longer. Once he decided Virgil seemed relaxed enough, he moved to lay beside of him, sliding the blankets up. He leaned over to press a kiss to Virgil's lips, pulling back quickly with a smile. "Better? Or does it still hurt?"

"Better," Virgil nodded, blushing and nervously leaning forward to recapture Patton's lips. Patton smiled as he returned the kiss, wrapping his arms around Virgil and pulling him in closer. The two of them stayed that way for a while, before Patton pulled back and once again pushed Virgil's hair out of his face, kissing his forehead.

"We can talk more about this tomorrow, because I know you need your sleep." Patton started, fingers brushing through Virgil's hair again. "But I want you to know that you can talk to me about anything, okay? Whatever's been bothering you, whatever's keeping you awake all night, you can talk with me. I'm here for you, and I'm not going anywhere, okay?"

"Okay," Virgil muttered back, nodding and hiding his face in Patton's chest. "Sorry I didn't sooner... I-thank you, Pat. Again."

"It's no problem, Virge. I'll always be here, y'know. Just get some rest now, okay? You need it." Patton smiled, and Virgil nodded. He used his hand not in Virgil's hair to hold him closer, noticing Virgil's change in breathing as he fell asleep a lot faster than Patton expected. Patton sighed contently, planting one final kiss to Virgil's head before his own eyes closed, not taking long before he joined him in falling peacefully asleep.

Well that was fun to write. Wish I had someone like Patton in this to help me sleep lol. I am going to go try and get some more sleep now, so thanks for reading this. *

* Thanks for the suggestion

* Thanks for the suggestion. Take care of yourselves. I hope you all are doing well, and once again I'm sorry for taking a break. I'll try to be back soon. Love you guys. Bye-Bob