(Morality x Anxiety)

Hi I'm exhausted please ignore any spelling mistakes I'm honestly too tired to notice/care
Oh also if you guys ever get inspiration from one of my oneshots and want to write something similar, go for it! I don't mind, just tag me in it cause I'd love to see it! It's really cool to see how people put their own spin on other ideas, at least to me, so I will never mind you doing that. You don't even have to ask lol.

The kitchen in which three of the four main sides resided was, to Virgil at least, very loud. He had heard them from his bedroom and was already annoyed at having to listen to them, and he was not happy when he had to eventually leave his room to be closer to the noise. If he could Virgil definitely would have stayed in his bedroom all day, however, if he didn't leave to at least get himself something to eat the others would inevitably have to check on him. That would only succeed in bringing all the noise to Virgil's bedroom, and he thought he might go insane if that were to happen.

So, Virgil found himself making his way down the hallway, where the cold tiles on his bare feet were enough to make him want to run away, back to his warm and cozy bed where it was far less noisy. He pressed on though, realizing just how hungry he was from not eating all day and just wanting this to be over with. The sooner he got in and out of the kitchen the sooner he could get back to bed, where he could continue his futile attempts at getting even a moment of sleep.

Yet despite this attitude, the moment that Virgil found himself actually in the kitchen with the other three all looking at him, he wanted nothing more than to turn and run. He winced at their loud voices greeting him, not saying anything but nodding his head so he wasn't completely rude. He quickly darted past them so he could rummage through the fridge, hoping the conversation would just end there. Luck never seemed to be on his side, though.

"It is nice of you to finally join us," Roman teased him, and although he was only joking Virgil couldn't help but be annoyed. He was too tired for this, so he simply didn't respond. This was not the reaction Roman wanted, apparently.

"Oh, come on! You're not going to say anything to us?" Roman questioned, and Virgil had to bite his tongue to keep from telling him that no, he was not really interested in speaking with an annoying prince while his head was pounding due to his exhaustion. Instead he continued to be quiet, grabbing something from the fridge that he could take back to his room and quickly moving to leave.

He flinched for what seemed like the thousandth time that day when Roman took a hold of his wrist, stopping him from leaving. Roman let go after he came to a stop and began to speak, but Virgil was tired and angry and he did not want to hear it. "Can you just back off? I'm too tired to deal with your bullshit, I haven't slept in days and your loud and annoying voice is not helping the headache that was caused by that."

Roman immediately stopped what he was doing, and everyone in the room stayed quiet. Virgil glanced back at the three of them, noticing their worried glances and immediately felt awful. He didn't mean to be so rude to Roman or to cause concern, but the words had slipped past his lips before his tired mind could entirely process what he was saying and what the consequences of his statement would be. He wanted to apologize and tell them that he was fine, but he couldn't get the words out and he didn't want to be stared at anymore. So he ran back to his bedroom, closing his bedroom door and throwing himself onto his bed, hiding under the blankets and not even bothering to eat what he had taken with him.

Virgil was expecting the quiet knocking at his door to come a lot sooner than it did. It seemed that the others could tell he needed some time by himself though, and he felt glad for that. When the knock did come it was Roman who he was expecting to see, forced by the other two to go and apologize to him. He was surprised when it was Patton who entered after he called to tell him he could come in. He sat up slowly on his bed, looking at him in confusion. "What is it?"