Author's Note

Lmao yeah I hate to make this an author's note but I felt like this is kinda important? Idk, just read please.

This is mainly directed to other authors out there. No matter what it is you write, this might apply to you. Anyways, basically, what I have to say.

If you have anything triggering written into one of your stories, please for the love of god, fucking warn people about it. I get that some people may not think it's important, I get that people don't really completely understand, but it is important. It is really really important.

For some people, me included, reading things about self-harm and suicide can completely fuck up the day I was having. I could've been on top of the world, having the best day of my life but suddenly I'll read something like that and it just makes me feel horrible. It's a reminder of a time that I felt that way, and some times it can make me feel like that again.

This applies to all kinds of things, not just suicide or self harm, but any serious subject that could trigger somebody should be warned about-and also, before some moron says something, no, being triggered is not being offended by something. That should be fucking obvious, but it's not and it's made fun of often. Which is ridiculous, but moving on.

Any author out there who writes about these things should take them very seriously. Please, if you are an author and you write for these things, put a warning at the beginning. It is important, and you risk hurting someone if you don't. It literally only takes two seconds of your time to add it in, so I don't think I'm asking for very much here.

I'm sure it's obvious that I'm slightly annoyed at the moment over this(I'm sure my excessive use of the f word gave that away), and maybe someone's gonna tell me I'm just being sensitive but y'know what? It's still important, and I'm still gonna say this.

So, to all of you who do already understand this, thank you, and sorry for taking up your time with this. I'm going to go and hopefully find some more fluffy fanfiction with no triggering content(if anyone has any fic recommendations-especially analogical-please let me know. It can be your own book too, as long as it doesn't include anything triggering I'll check it out), so I'll be off now. Sorry once again to bother anyone who already knows this stuff haha, thanks for reading. *awkwardly hands over a ring pop while inviting you to join my pillow fort to read fanfiction in* Take care of yourselves. You're important, and I love you. Bye!-Bob