Don't Go (Prince x Anxiety)

I guess this is an au idk just go with it

Roman was getting ready to leave again.

It seemed like he was never home for long enough. Virgil couldn't stand it. Sure, he left so he could save people, but what about him? What if something happened to him? Every time he left was torture. His mind kept going over the what-ifs, and he couldn't get any sleep.

He knew he was being selfish. Roman left so he could save people, and Virgil felt guilty for not wanting him to leave, but he worried about him so much. It was unbearable.

He tried to focus on where he was now, curled up in bed with Roman, their arms wrapped around each other and holding them close. He tried to focus on Roman's happy grin, and he tried to return it but it was obvious it wasn't real.

"Virgil..?" Roman asked cautiously. "Is something wrong? Are you alright?"

"I'm... fine," Virgil lied. "Just... well, I'm really happy you're here right now..."

"But?" Roman prompted, knowing there was something else he wasn't saying. He held him tighter, hand running through his hair. "Virgil, you can tell me anything... Please, I hate to see you upset."

Virgil was quiet for a long time. They both stayed silent, and Roman sighed. He didn't think Virgil was going to say anything.

"Don't go..." He whispered suddenly, eyes filled with unshed tears. "Please, Roman, I... I hate it when you leave."

"It's my job," Roman frowned, still running his hands through Virgil's hair comfortingly. "I love doing it. I get to save people's lives..."

"You're also putting yours in danger," Virgil frowned too, voice wavering as he spoke. "I always worry when you leave. I can't sleep. I just keep thinking... what if this, what if that, what if you died? What would I do? I-I don't know what I'd do..."

"That won't happen," Roman insisted, pulling Virgil even closer to him. "I wouldn't let it happen."

"You can't... you can't promise that. You don't know what could happen! Something could happen that's out of your control, and you could be killed and.. and..." Virgil couldn't speak. He couldn't breathe. He was panicking.

"Hey, hey," Roman whispered softly, rubbing circles on his back. "It's okay, just breathe Virgil, it's okay, I promise."

He whispered more to him, reminding him to breathe, and that he was there and he was safe and they were both safe. He waited until Virgil had calmed down enough, then he stopped whispering things and fell silent. He was thinking about something.

"I'll stay," he whispered at last, pressing a kiss to the top of Virgil's head. "I'll stay with you, for today. You're right, I can't promise that nothing will happen but I can promise I'll do my best every day to stay safe and make it back to you. I promise."

Virgil sighed, wiping his eyes to stop the tears and nodded. "Okay," he sniffed, accepting his answer. "For now, can we just... spend our day together, and not do anything?"

"Anything you want, dear." Roman smiled, pulling him into a short kiss. "Anything at all, I'm right here."

So, I'm hoping to get a lot of oneshots today but my mom is also giving me chores and stuff so we'll see how much I actually put out