Animal Videos (Morality x Anxiety)

Shhhhhhh I had this idea while I was sad okay I know I write a lot of Moxiety but it makes me happy okay-(so like, if anyone's got any good Moxiety fic recommendations....... pls share) (also LAMP, or like...... any good Sanders Sides fics)

Patton winced hearing the knock at his door, looking up from where he was lying in bed and frowning. He spoke up with a muffled, quiet voice, wondering if it could be any more obvious that he had been crying. "Who is it?"

"It's Virgil," he heard on the other side. It was quiet for a moment, and there was shuffling behind the door. "I... can I come in?"

Patton sighed, closing his eyes. He considered saying that he was busy, and that he didn't have time to talk. However, he knew it would be obvious to his boyfriend that he wasn't feeling good and he knew he shouldn't hide it. Wiping at his eyes, Patton took another few seconds to prepare to talk to someone, and finally answered. "Yeah, the doors open."

The door creaked as it swung inward, revealing Virgil standing behind it looking at Patton worriedly. He closed the door back behind him after stepping in, making his way over to the bed slowly. Patton watched him from a cocoon of pillows and blankets, making room under the blankets when Virgil asked if he could join him.

"Will you tell me what's wrong?" Virgil asked quietly, arms wrapped tightly around his boyfriend. Patton looked up at him from where his head rested on his chest, shrugging his shoulders.

"I don't know... I just feel sad." He muttered, genuinely wishing he could pinpoint the reasons for his feelings. "Nothing caused it."

Virgil frowned, fingers tracing circles on Patton's back as he thought about what he do to help. Eventually something did come to mind, and he reached for his phone. He had Patton sit up, moving them both so that he was sitting behind Patton. Patton was leaned back against his chest, confused but waiting patiently for Virgil to explain what he was doing.

Quickly Virgil searched up something on his phone, tapping on the video he was looking for. He set his phone down in front of Patton, resting his head on Patton's shoulder so he could watch as well. Patton watched for a few moments, understanding what it was and glancing back at Virgil.

"Animal videos?" He asked. Virgil nodded into his shoulder.

"Thought it'd cheer you up, since you like them so much." Virgil answered as Patton went back to watching, the smallest of smiles already beginning to form on his lips. Patton thanked him quietly, Virgil responding by tilting his head to press a kiss to Patton's cheek, going back to watching afterwards.

The video seemed to be working for a while; Patton was still giving a small smile at most of the videos, and one already managed to get him to let out a small laugh. Virgil was glad he had found a way to make his boyfriend feel even the slightest bit better.

(This next part is also based off of a thing I actually did yesterday lmao)
At some point a video came up featuring a person with their dog. The person behind the camera held out two fingers in a gun shape, showing their hand to the dog. Almost immediately the dog approached them, resting their nose atop of the persons hand and looking up at them. It cut to another instance of the person making a heart shape with their fingers, and once again the puppy came over to put its nose in between their hands.

Virgil heard a small sniffle after the video ended, looking worriedly over at Patton. He paused the video after seeing the tears threatening to fall from his eyes, wrapping his arms around him tighter. "Pat, what's wrong?"

"I'm sorry," Patton mumbled, turning in Virgil's arms to hide his face in his shoulder. Virgil felt a few hot tears hit his shoulder, frowning and rubbing his back comfortingly. "It's just-the puppy... it was so cute.."

"Pat," Virgil started slowly, sighing. "You're... you're crying because of the puppy...?"

"...yes," he said, hiding his face more. "I can't help it! It was just-it was adorable and it made me feel so overwhelmed... I'm sorry."

"You don't have to be sorry," Virgil said, laughing softly. He kissed the top of his head. "It was a really cute puppy. And you're really cute too."

Neither of them said anything else for a little while, just holding each other close. Virgil muttered to Patton about how much he loved him, kissing his forehead and making him smile once again. After a while Patton asked if they could keep watching more, admitting that they were making him feel better-along with just having Virgil beside of him. Virgil agreed and the pair went back to watching cute videos.

Patton leaned close to his boyfriend as they sat together, wiping the tears from his eyes again and smiling wider. He loved Virgil so much, and he was so happy knowing that he had him there to help him feel happy again if he ever needed it.

The ending is uhh...... not great, but I liked this idea and I wanted to get it down.

This is also entirely unrelated to all of this but-
All I want rn is someone to rub my back until I can actually feel relaxed for once and hug me and care for me and be nice to me bc I am very lonely and sad and I just wanna feel loved and happy darn it is that too much to ask for

Aghhhhhhhh I was gonna try not to update anymore this week bc I'm in Florida hanging out with family but also I'm sad and I wanna write and distract myself from everything and I kinda wish I had a person who I could be with in person and talk to about stuff that's bothering me without feeling embarrassed or annoying

Ajajsksn okay okay I'm done ranting now-I feel like I'm not gonna make any sense anyways so like....... I'm just gonna try and sleep/maybe write another oneshot idk yet.

I guess I hope this was okay? Even tho it was just a super short and simple idea based on me being sad and lonely, idk. Thanks for reading it anyways, hope you guys are having nice days/nights. *ring pops appear out of nowhere because imagination!* Thanks for the ring pop suggestions once again, Paradox-Puzzler ! Take care of yourselves. Love you guys. Bye-Bob