Trick Or Treat (Logic x Anxiety x Morality x Prince

Requested. Platonic LAMP, au where they are kids. (Please know that if you leave a request right now it honestly just depends on if I like it or not, bc if I don't I won't write it, sorry. I'm trying not to put any extra pressure on myself, so if I don't feel like working on something on here I just can't do it, and I hope you guys understand!!! I've just got too much going on)

"Come on dude, it's not that scary!" One of Virgil's friends said, trying to convince him to follow them. Virgil looked up at the house they were going to walk up to, hands shaking. They had a big yard with lots of very scary decorations, and he didn't want to go.

"Wh-why can't I just wait down here for you guys? Then we can go over to the next house together." He suggested, looking over at his friend nervously. Virgil saw him rolling his eyes, feeling embarrassed at being so scared.

"If you're going to be that much of a wimp all night you should just go home." He said, starting to walk away from Virgil.

"No, wait!" Virgil said, rushing to follow him. "I'll go, just d-don't leave me behind..."

Virgil followed behind his friend, staying mostly behind him as they walked. Virgil eyed all the decorations as they passed them, feeling like at any moment something bad was going to happen. He gripped his candy bag tightly, trying to stop his shaking hands, and holding back his tears. He didn't want to be made fun of by his friends, and he really didn't want to walk home all by himself.

As they got closer to the house Virgil felt like maybe things would be okay. They were so close to the door, and now all they had to do was ring the doorbell and then go home. He felt relieved when they finally got to the front porch, his friend ringing the doorbell and stepping back to wait.

Immediately after the doorbell rang a loud scream was heard from the hide of the house, along with the sound of a chainsaw. A man appeared suddenly, rushing towards him and his friend. Virgil screamed, jumping back and taking off back down their yard and towards the street. He heard his friend laughing behind him as he ran, feeling embarrassed once again for being scared but still needing to get away.

He stopped running once he got to the sidewalk, heart pounding in his chest and his breathing sporadic. He turned back only to see if his friend was with him, seeing that he had already walked off with the rest of their friends to another house. They were leaving him.

Virgil felt hot tears streaming down his red cheeks, panicking even more at the realization that they weren't going to come back for him. He was going to have to find his own way home, in the dark, where anybody could be waiting to jump out at him again. He whimpered in fear just thinking about it, hands coming up to cover his face as he sank to the ground.

Why? He asked himself. Why did he think it was a good idea to go trick or treating with them? He had just wanted to have a few friends to hang out with, but it seemed obvious now that those kids were not his real friends. Now he was alone, feeling unsafe and like he had nowhere to go.

"Are you okay?" Virgil heard someone ask, jumping when a hand touched his arm. He pulled his hands away from his face to look up at whoever was talking to him, worried that he was going to find another person in a creepy costume. Instead he found a boy around his age, dressed up as a black cat and looking at him worriedly.

Virgil slowly shook his head to answer his question, sniffling and wiping at his eyes. The boy frowned, holding out a hand to help him up.

"Well, if you tell me what's wrong me and my friends can try to help!" The boy said, pointing behind him at two other boys their age. One was dressed up in an oversized prince costume, and the other looked like he was a teacher. "My name's Patton, by the way. This is Roman and Logan."